1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LoL players get US visas xD

Discussion in 'Media Center' started by Smartik1, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Potato

Potato Banned

well that's aright but still dota 1/2 is more fun than LOL

1 person likes this.
  2. Suhosin

Suhosin Cafe Fairy Foreva! Forum Legend

I can see the world is changing.. its pretyy cool how people chose to alter their minds.. from gaming being unhealthy and shit to a legit sport.
    I still thimk starcarft 1is so much better fot progaming because league of legends has its limitation on how much skill can be shown when sc rlly had no limitation, amazing and nore amazing plays were shown as time passed..

But anyways its coool

P.s i can almost feel the regret of blizzard saying no to the one who suggested making lol. He got out of blizzard and made such a game roflmao l. Its almost a **** you ti blizard haha

3. hitokirifake

hitokirifake meeoooww....

lol...i have play that game(LoL) and it seem boring to me...even dota is better...really dun understand with all this...
    P.S btw Aion is most challenging online games i ever played....i really like it ^^

4. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

Well to be honest the whole concept of real time strategy based on matches with equal start and no advantages over one another makes the RTS genre ideal for sportsmanship. Unlike FPS's or other games, it requires a complex strategic mind and a sense of teamwork, as well as speed. It shares qualities with MMOs like Aion, GW2, BnS, and WoW, but unlike MMOs, RTS games are match based, which makes it that much easier to turn into a fair and recognizable sport.

This kind of gaming, as weird as it may seem to some of you to classify it as a sport, realistically is as much of a sport as target shooting, NASCAR, archery, chess, etc. so I do believe it was about time. I, for one, would rather watch a strategy game live tournament match on my TV than a FIFA/NBA/Superbowl match any day.

I doubt Gaming will take off as a sport in general due to some games being simply not ideal for a sporting setting, and also due to some games not really requiring much skill at all (sorry but FPS gaming, as fun as it might be, I can't consider it to be anywhere near as skill-demanding as RTS games), but I do think most RTS games might just be able to take off as official sports, if they don't manage to have the entire genre take off as an official sport of sorts.

Putting the whole defining gaming as a sport apart, we've been having gaming tournaments all over the world, where some players get a lot of internet coverage and sponsoring, and a few are known all around (ahem Idra [ahem rage]). Realistically, all they did was recognize a known game with tournaments as a sport to get media coverage on it and tax income from it all.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.