1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

magic Boost cap ?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by blackend, Nov 15, 2010.

1. bangout

bangout Proficient

how could they make up their mind if they don't have a single clue how it really is to play or be a sorcerer? I have a feeling they are really influenced by people like ally and that other dumbass who posted here. All they do is shout that sorc is one hitting people and is freaking overpowered all the time. their only argument and yet class that is played by very few get's ****ed up more and more by every single update. way to go to keep things "balanced".

2. reycats

reycats Legendary Member

sorce always have an disadvantage, only players that only know how to play other class and got owned by a sorce said that sorce is OP because of its damage.... but they are not looking at how sorce die fast and easily got killed by almost all kind of class.

Sorce's are a balance class, High Damage + Low Deff + Low HP + Casting Time of Skills = Fair enough..

Gladiators: High Deff + High HP + HIgh Damage = ???

Templars: High Deff + High HP + High Magic Resist + High/Low Damage depending on the weapon they use

Rangers: Medium HP + High Attack Speed + High Damage + Silence :pinched:

Assasins: Need full buffs to kill so i think sins are a fair class, with its low deff high dodge dual godstone :biggrin:

4 people like this.
  3. Angelicus~

Angelicus~ New Member

I'm okay with MB cap, used to it in retail anyway. (2,600 MB is the Hard Cap.)
    A magic crit fix would be nice though.

I don't see why they should cap attack though, it's not like it's capped in retail, however, there is a big gear difference between here and retail, and quite frankly melees get the upper hand in terms of gear scaling, that's that.

To the person who said that "sorcs are OP, even on retail!" All I can say is... lol, you clearly haven't played in retail. :) Any class can easily kill a sorc.
    However, it is true that there is an imbalance between Elyos and Asmo sorcs, since Asmo sorcs get Boon of Quickness (-50% cast time). This can get Asmo sorcs up to 100% cast speed, insta-casting ftw (candy + BoQ + gloves + title + cast speed book + scroll).
    I play as an Elyos sorc on both retail and here, even though I sometimes wish I had Boon of Quickness... it is not needed though.

Summary of the update: Working as intended... just need Magic Crit to be fixed. ;)

4. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

there have been enough nerf attempts already, dont u think its enough by now?

this was the progression:

mage crit removed
    2.0 reversed casting speed effect to make it LONGER instead of shorter
    mage resist fixed
    robes dont stack
    veziel + BoQ dont stack
    BoQ replaced with BoS
    mages the ONLY class with capped damage?

yeah fine some of them r fixes i understand that, but its like...nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf...u have to stop at some point dont u think? gonna feel like a dummy soon with low hp, low def, low dmg, long casting and unable to move while casting without interrupting skills

5. bangout

bangout Proficient

Well we are supposed to be glass cannons, but gamez insist that we stay just as glass statues for people to smash.. Maybe I should go around and shout that every other class I meet ingame is overpowered, cuz it can kill me in 2-4 hits? nonsense.

6. Aegis

Aegis Guest

It's my fault... because I play a sorcerer...

Gimmie a sec I'ma reroll cleric and glad, mmk.

TBH nerfing a already near-dead class over and over is just nasty ._____________.

In the end we'll have nothing but gladiators, rangers and clerics lol.

7. reycats

reycats Legendary Member

basically rangers and glad combos pawns me alot

8. Smartik1

yeah i just dont get it. if sorc r so overpowered, why is the server crowded with GLADS and RANGERS? wtf lol

9. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I am very curious as well. ;p

10. bangout

bangout Proficient

Trying to become more "retail like" only in some cases and calling it "balance" cuz some features like that are in retail is pure bullshit, as you just pick very few details to "fix", basically it's only nerfing. This is a brilliant example for sorcerers, they took magic crits away and yet put a cap on.

11. reycats

reycats Legendary Member

me too:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

only players that play sorce understand this i think?

12. bangout

bangout Proficient

and I bet no one of us even want sorc to be OP, at least I wouldn't stand bunch of retarded kiddos rerolling sorcerers cuz they "pwn". Look at gladiators now -_- such a shame, they even cry out loud about sorcerer damage :O

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Seems so. And it's hard to make any change, because there are very few of us and there are bunch of dumbasses with no clue what they are talking about, so they come in these threads and spit bullshit. look at ally for example and that guy in first pages :D

13. Smartik1

its not like we want sorc to be stronger >.> we just want them to stop fcking them up with every update

14. reycats

reycats Legendary Member

there's only 1 game i know that mages are OP!

and thats RF online xD

15. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Damage was nerfed before too, now nerfed again ._. now no magic crit and now sorcerers have a limiter placed upon them.

Tl;dr take the boat out of the burst class lol.

I want tradable ABG itens pl0x... I want to trade my cloth gear ._________________________.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

only Cora warlocks... now they were badass as hell... I loved it with my +7 staff /drool.

16. reycats

reycats Legendary Member

we have magic boost cap...
    then there suppose to be melee damage cap as well...
    also decrease the other class skill damage like sorce's
    attack speed cap also,

but for sure other class will QQ and again said....
    "SORCE"S ARE OP!"

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

yeah with a full attack eles hurts alot :biggrin:
    can wipe 1 party with its AoE's

17. Goosper

Goosper Getting there

It's ok guys, we all agree that people who think sorc's are OP just don't know what they're talking about. And let me tell you that I laugh hard when a sorceror comes up to me and starts casting Inferno :D So OP!

On a more serious note... can someone confirm that 2600 is the magic boost cap on Aion retail 2.0 ??

18. bangout

bangout Proficient

meh, would be so cool to get that GM here and say how it is going to be, will they remove cap, give crits or let sorcs extinct -_-

19. bangout

bangout Proficient

Meh I think I will bump this until I get an argumentative answer from staff whether this cap will be removed, criticals given or sorcs ****ed.

20. bangout

bangout Proficient

And here we go, go, goooooo