1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Major Update - Stability and Mechanics

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Alente, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. san0suke1

san0suke1 Proficient

i really admire the GMs here in gamez

2. Aethelfaed

Aethelfaed Proficient

Virtual Private Network, it is a server base that allows you to connect through a subsidary location with rotation of I.P resets sometimes hourly or per day depending on the provider.

In laymens terms your computer>VPN server *hides your IP and provides another IP to show to the location your connecting to*>internet/server etc.

It is used by companies and individuals who want to hide what they are actually doing online as nobody knows your true location they just get a random IP traced back to the vpn provider which changes frequently and you can also request an ip change from the vpn...if you are doing something illegal though the governement can easily trace back to the vpn then request your I.P location which the VPN has to provide (this is the exception to the rule, they are not allowed to give out your true I.P to anyone else otherwise).

ZP nice to have you back I hope you can look into the mess that is the server atm and come out the other side with it more stable....

3. Crusher

Crusher Expert

ok, update is done :D! Very good!

But, Where can i found the NPCS that sells ALL skill books and ALL stigmas? We had one...

thx!

4. Kzr

Kzr New Member

Its up and running?
    lol, did they fix the damn monsters flying away after you attacked them yet?
    Can't wait to his 55 again :p

5. Kyrah

Kyrah Proficient

I dont think it's a bug. If you can fly, they can fly too. It's only fair :p

6. nicojelek

nicojelek Proficient

i don't understand what's going on actually with cpu server of connection.. after down, alente or other admin and gm said carl is fixing, we do update, we change core, we upgrade, have a lot of update, we try fix the bla bla bla,

but, i don't see the change of the connection.. it still crash every day..

7. Kzr

Kzr New Member

as broken as your sentence structure is, you have a valid point. They claim they've fixed/updated the server and yet it's still screwed up. If anything they've made it worse, since when I first started playing the servers were perfect and that was about a week or two ago...

Now i'm experiencing plenty of server crashing daily.
    Either fix the server or stop hosting. PLEASE!

Also, monsters flying away. WTH is with that.
    You attack them with a spell and they charge u and then start sliding all the way across the map and then randomly appear in front of you attacking you back.

FIX THE DAMN SEVER ALREADY!

geez. It's so damn annoying.

Trolls are ganna break loose.

8. troc311

troc311 New Member

Amen! This is out of control

9. Aethelfaed

Aethelfaed Proficient

That bug is actually usefull for some characters cause it gives you a respite for couple of seconds if you have a crap healer in your group to top you off, or if your multi-box.

Secondly when you are fighting a boss it means you can actually kite the boss away from all his surrounding mobs to the top of a mountain or wherever the hell you want.

Thirdly if you want to get rid of this bug you have to get rid of free flight which would mean you would go back to having to flight path and run everywhere, also instances would no longer be just and easy flight to the bosses but instead have to clear mobs just like retail because you can't outrun mobs once they agro onto you in an instance, unless your dropping run speed pots, but if you look around bosses they are always surrounded in mobs so you would still have to clear some to a degree...

Fourthly Asmos would have an absolute fit about this cause it would mean they no longer had the ability to just gank people everywhere so easy anymore...real ground combat is much more difficult to just gank people and takes skill rather than dropping out of the sky and doing 10-15k damage on someone.

my point in amongst that ramble is that if you want to have an easy flight server with capability of doing things much quicker than this is what you have to deal with, mobs that will slide out of screen or glitch back to you, annoying for the range classes but not really problem for the rest of them.

10. ryuji296

ryuji296 Proficient

server down again?

11. tweedldee

tweedldee Proficient

"Hyeaaaaaaa!!"
    End quote

12. Dasar

Dasar Gamez - Siel Forum Legend

yes the server crashed! :pinched:

13. chin

chin haters be hatin'

o_O perfect. just perrrrrfect

14. Kzr

Kzr New Member

:'( And the Elyos were finally kicking the Asmonub's butts :*(
    ETA for it 2 be back up?

15. chin

chin haters be hatin'

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr server still down? >.< im afraid to check.. might ruin my day lol

16. ThuyDez

ThuyDez Getting there

Big surprise, huge lags and asmodians camping everywhere without a single worry. yet another day in GamezAion.

No seriously, when's things gonna get fixed?

17. TheFallen

TheFallen Getting there

Wew!!! Super lag i always relog cause of some NPC is missing ? i think many players will gonna transfer to other private server of aion please fix this!

18. ncjapan

ncjapan New Member

oh shit! Server Crash?!

19. Smartik1

Smartik1 Walking F.A.Q. Forum Legend

when they upgrade the hardware or rent a bigger server :p meaning never xD carl is sleeping 24/7, alente is pretty much the one running things

20. robbert777

robbert777 Proficient

transfer to other server? this is the only PS with a decent amount of people (with infinite but thats retail rates) so i think most people will just stay or play another game, ima play battlefield BC2 now :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.