1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Make Oasis Gear Permanent or something similar

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lighning999, Sep 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Lighning999

Lighning999 New Member

A year & half ago this might not have been a smart move but today with 300+ ap zones and blackstar weapons, it makes no sense having to start from 0 every time you start another character, it would also suit newcomers very well in fact it will encourage many to come, Most of my friends that didn't convert from the official server is that they didn't want to restart all over from nothing, this would eradicate that problem for good
    as for PVP 190 ap isn't all that much to start with so you would still need to grind a lot to be competitive
    and before you talk about seasonal characters you would still need to do it for accessories Or avoid doing it to avoid doing the boring main quest all over again
    So i see literally no downside only an upside

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    PrestonGarvey likes this.
  2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Oasis is just an Event and it will be finished at November 30, those items will also disappear once the event ends. However, there's another event running up to November 30 and you can obtain Suppressed Gear Boss, which is equal to a TRI set boss, and it's better than Oasis, after all you can sell it to NPCs after getting your real gear.

PrestonGarvey likes this.
  3. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

LOL yeah thats what i was thinking. yeah and they can put the it right at the starter zone and we will be ready to go from lvl 1

how do I get this gear is it easy to get?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2020
  4. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

5. PrestonGarvey

PrestonGarvey Proficient

6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

It is overall just a bad idea to keep making instances for this game, just to make it easier and quicker to get through, when the basic design of the entire game (well in the beginning anyway) was to make it last for several months, not to just give the players whatever they begged for and make it so easy that it hardly qualifies as the original BDO game concept anymore.

It is sad to see how many players think that this is the best way to make games, as easy as possible, and as short as possible...Long live mainstream-ignorance :(

Noclune likes this.
  7. Noclune

Noclune New Member

I'm a new player, and honestly, pen tuvala is basically what you're asking for. Seasonal is a good system for teaching the mechanics and gearing new players into a solid range for the engaging content.

marsseven likes this.