1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My class is so balanced LOL

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Yazuki, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yazuki

Yazuki Proficient

Theres no special math to or formula for ability damage... your +attack gets added to the end of damage calculation, for example you have +300 attack from manastones and your ability does 1000 dmg, it now does 1000+300 damage which is 1300 damage.

2. Fibre

Fibre Proficient

1000 def= 100dmg reduce if you mean that..
    but abaut blocking
    let say incoming dmg is 1000
    i think it goes atm like this: wasnt sure thou..
    succesfull block-70% dmg
    pvp dmg reduction 25,3%
    and plate set= abaut 2,8k def

so let do little calculation. 1000x0.253= so 253 dmg cut from pvpdef.. so incoming dmg atm 747.. and since block.. 747x0,7=522,9 dmg off so incoming dmg is 224 atm.. so then def reduce.. what is 280.. so total dmg income is -56dmg
    but idk what is right order to calculate dmg thou

idk are dmg reduction calculated already reduced dmg or start dmg

so there is reason to 0 dmg

1 person likes this.
  3. EagleN

EagleN Expert

idk about dmg formula but it's easily to find out BP doesnt follow the formula. it deals at least 1.3 to 1.5 higher than it should.
    test all skills on dummy and compare to a glad. u will see that temp and glad deal the same dmg id the tool tip dmg is equal. BP doesnt!

4. Fibre

Fibre Proficient

neighter shining slash/ punishment... they are so called random dmg

5. EagleN

EagleN Expert

yes, but those 2 usually deal higher dmg than 1x (rarely deal lower dmg). as a templar u know this better than anyone else rite?

and def reduce should have been check b4 block.

1) evasion/ resist*
    2) p.def
    3) element def*
    4) pvp def
    5) block
    6) parry
    7) dmg absorption
    (* is for magical dmg)

if the formula follow this sequence then there's no reason to have 0dmg block/ parry
    and i believe the problem is here

1 person likes this.
  6. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

I think that "basic" dmg reductions have Higher Priority then "pp deff" and so on ....

7. EagleN

EagleN Expert

let just talk about p.atk and no pvp def here. (pve set)

1) evasion
    2) p.def
    3) block
    4) parry
    (lets call this theory sequence)

vs

1) evasion
    2) block
    3) parry
    4) p.def
    (gamez sequence)
    the templar has 2500 def (- 250 dmg) and lvl masta shield + 15 which reduce 70% (50 + 20) dmg when block.

if u deal 500 dmg on the templar and he blocks it.
    gamez sequence:
    1) evasion check: no dodge
    2) block check: 500 - (500 x 0.7) = 150 dmg
    3) p.def check: 150 - 250 = 0 dmg

my theory sequence:
    1) evasion check: no dodge
    2) p.def check: 500 - 250 = 250 dmg
    3) block check: 250 - (250 x 0.7) = 125 dmg

if there is no block. both sequences give 500 - 250 = 250 dmg.
    so..... :)

8. Fibre

Fibre Proficient

wasnt sure abaut these.. but 1 thing is broken anyway.. bad way to temp side thou.. crits go thru 100% block.. whitout blocking them.. and stumble/other effects should be resisted if block.. and not here

9. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

Well... someone fails to kill poeple even while have upper BP ...

I was soloing vs Janaks, Dutchman and some random Templar.

Janaks, decided she would rather jump and die from the fall then rather fight, random templar took it too and then 15 minute fight begun with dutchman ... during which only BP hurted me, always for 4k+ ... it is really "interesting" to see somene do just BP combination, nothing else ... after 100% DP heal I was forced to go thru the geizir then heal up, but Dutch followed , of course while flying you are easy target so he fallen down a hole and then used return ... rrly wasted time .. if you don t wanna die, do not fight others ...

To the topic .. taking 50% hp unbuffed and almost 80% buffed is not normal :)

10. vRisen

vRisen Banned

The physical defense/attack formula for gamez seems..odd.

From what I can tell, it should be: (Phys. Defense / 100) - Attack + Damage of Skill + pvp damage, yadadada)

Two things wrong with this. For some reason, if your "attack" gets reduces to 0 by physical defense or something random, your entire skill does 0 damage. Should it be like this?

The other thing is what physical defense seems to be lowering attack more than it should. If I get < 760 attack with a polearm and I attack someone, I do half the damage I normally would with 800.

Sorcerers are easily the hardest class for me to kill. Even without any shields up, they seem to last longer than rangers do. I can upload a few clips I have of my vs each class so you can see what it's like to be on the other end of the orb. Trust me, it's no fun.

The reason sorcerers are nerfed is because everyone (mainly me) kept QQing about getting 1-shotted. Can you imagine what it's like to see a sorcerer and not even be able to get within 10 meters of him without losing 15k HP? Reaching him is the easy part. After I reach him, I need to deal with slows, sleeps, stuns, holds, teleports and shields. A battle with a sorcerer can easily be over 30 seconds long. What am I supposed to do when I lose 15k HP within the first two seconds?

If you play sorcerer, I most likely think you're the little kid in the 3rd picture in my signature. If you ask me how many sorcerers I think are actually skilled, I'll name three. That's it.

My point? Stop complaining because one of your 8 (however many you have on lumiel) nukes do only 45-70% of my total HP. If I were a sorcerer and I wanted people to take me seriously, I'd start using my regular spells and ditch nukes altogether. That would show people that I play sorcerer because I like sorcerer, and that I'm not playing it to 1-shot people and ruin their fun. I'd show people that I'm not out to play with an advantage over others; I'd show them that I just simply love sorcerer. You may think we don't notice if you don't use nukes; but we do.

I'm pretty sure there's another class besides templar that does this. Oh, they only have 7 more spells that do as much as BP (on siel.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  11. timtaylor

timtaylor Getting there

You really think any character is supposed to be unbeatable 1v1?
    lol

Source? Because I have several sorcs from retail who say damage is too high here (unless they've nerfed it recently without me knowing).
    Let me guess, You play a sorc.

12. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

Yeah I do play ... may do the others .. that is why I have looked into the dmg formula..

Topic about custom 20% dmg nerf of nukes here on Gamez ..
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f63/sorcerer-nerfed-skills-97141/

Topic with most of the spells of sorc :
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/f64/stigmaaa%B4s-sorcerer-corner-stigma-system-98346/

In the both topic I have gave te proof that spell on GAMEZ are working 100% accroding to te retail like MAGIC BOOST scaling ...
    Also I have prooved that we have 20% custom made nerf on Our main nukes : Inferno,Glacial Shard Flamespray ...

Because the MB scaling works 100% like retail, the only reasonable argument, why Sorc ´s dmg on Gamez should be higher then on retail, could be that base dmg of spells on retail is lower then on gamez, But I can t confirm it neither say that it is not ...

Don t get me wrong, I am not QQing, I am just giving out in game experience and numbers. If anyone can give use SS with basic dmg of sorc from retail I would be gratefull

13. asmo442

asmo442 Proficient

14. Zee

Zee Banned

Haven't played my sorcerer here for a month approximately, I'm rolling somewhere else + on retail lately... and I'm telling what I see...

15. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

Add me if you're on Siel :3

16. Fealoke

Fealoke New Member

I can't speak to the current pdef issues here, having been a retail player until the last week or so. However, #s on break power seem ridiculously high vs my experience on retail, even when my templar which was my original main massively outgeared most players at the time. Also, unless it was changed, parry was being checked in the defenses chain before block, which was really infuriating. Feel free to correct me if this is no longer the case. Something in the calculations is definitely off if BP is hitting so hard though, especially on players in full ABG gear.

17. asmo442

asmo442 Proficient

Want to nominate this guy as the official spokesperson for assassins.

18. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

someone really hates assassins and to add insult to an injury, non of the admins care about the class.

it's been f*cked up so bad. i guess this will always be it.

we can always create another class that's a flavor of the month.

2 people like this.
  19. darkangel85

darkangel85 New Member

can anyone tell me what happened to distance focus effect option? TT_TT

20. Plechac

Plechac Proficient

I think it is about the time to give Similar dmg reduction on Break power as sorc do have on their nukes a.k.a 20% dmg reduction ...

DEVs should work on it, after they fix other things ...

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.