1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My official farewell to The Illusionist and Gamez Aion

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by oplaylistic, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prestige

Prestige Well-Known Member

Pftt, voting actually helps the server. And he got banned for it gg.

2. ryang

ryang Banned

Umm, unlike you, i can tell how terribad this server is. And unlike you, I've peeked behind the curtains, and what I saw disgusted me. This place is falling apart if you want to believe it or not. But after the incidents on crystal, I would rather shoot myself than vote here. and thats even once. So I would never vote with many accounts.

Hell, I couldn't be bothered to vote normally anyways. So there is no way I'd be proxy voting. But that 200 is a rough estimate since it is pretty easy to do and requires no brain (meaning you could even do it). Unless you stop every single person, banning one person does nothing. Thats the facts. And he isn't some "example" either, since the admins did not actually CATCH him doing it.

3. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

hey man.... come on now... don't you think giving him the props for even having the ability to vote is too much credit for him? Personally I wouldn't make the assumption that he can even close browser windows... but then again.. thats just me

4. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

1. How do you know if he actually voted with the proxies? You can just click 'vote' then go back and you'll still get the credits and the kinah.
    1a. And if I were to vote on 20 accounts, typing the catchpa phrase would piss me off so I wouldn't even care.
    2. Voting with proxies either way is against the terms of use according to the top 100 sites since it gives the private server an unfair advantage.
    - Either way it's bad -
    3. Common sense, if you were to vote with a proxy (changing your ip) and making multiple accounts, wouldn't you think that it would be ban-able since you're getting something that's worth more than $120 and if by voting, should get it in over 12 weeks instead of getting it all in 2 weeks? Unfair play.
    4. It's not smart bragging about using a proxy to vote in legion chat.
    5. I told Oplaylistic not to do it when he said he found a way and was deciding to go with what he though he should do (proxy voting). And I explained why it was ban-able but proceeded to do so.
    6. Voting like this and taking something that has a significant value ($120+) is like going up to Carl and stealing his money.
    7. He did this in order to get the best gear for both his sin and his ranger.
    8. It was Oplays fault for bragging about it in the legion, if he didn't he would've gotten caught. He could've just said he donated. But no, he didn't.

5. Seantot

Seantot Banned

Logged in this morning and read this post and noticed it said that cute and lak were the ones who got you banned x.x..
    I never knew. That's pretty messed up..
    Oplay, you'll probably get unbanned, hope you do sooooooooon.

6. gothicprincess

gothicprincess Proficient

oplay mr nice guy good luck to u thx for those nice attitude you showed us.:sad:

7. FadetoBlack

Oplay got nothing but a few lines of code coupled with some nice looking pixels, I wouldn't pay $120 for that shit even if i had the money, and someone put a gun to my face, long story short he DIDN'T steal SHIT. It's like me picking a piece of cardboard off the street, and getting put in jail because someone said IT'S WORTH SOMETHING. Sorry, votes are worthless, they do nothing for the average player except incite rage, or perhaps a small gleam of hope. Unfair Play? yes, then I'd have to agree with you 110% on that one unfair play for SURE. But it's funny how other players are going around hacking or bug abusing and they don't seem to get punished for this so called "unfair play" Sorry, him getting banned seems like a hell of a lot too much punishment when they could've simply taken the items away, and jailed him for a few hours.
    And if you IP banned the guy from the server shame on you GMs for taking something which is a minor offense compared to what I've seen, and making it into something it is not. Also, you should be glad someone has taken his god-damned time to vote for this soon-to-be-shithole. All in all you did wrong, sorry, it's never too late to admit it, I'm not even looking to get him unbanned, but you clearly did something way beyond what was required of you. The guy stole a cookie from the cookie jar (LOL COOKIE MY ASS, A COOKIE IS ACTUALLY WORTH SOMETHING, but lets pretend anyway) and you set him on the firing squad, overkill? Well, in my ever-so-humble opinion hell yeah that was overkill. If you banned everyone who proxy votes (sorry to tell you its NOT a big secret) GOOD LUCK keeping this server on the list. The people who hold power over this server, and by that I mean anyone above a GM status have been focused too much on punishment rather than fixing shit (have you ever thought about any possible SECURITY to prevent proxy voting? OH, its IMPOSSIBLE? well then why the fuck did you ban someone over something that helps you anyway) Oh... yeah.. THE GMs... THEY SHOULD WORRY ABOUT PUNISHMENT!..... oh... shoot... hang on... apparently there ARE no GMs since they almost all have left, and the ONE guy who's stupid enough to stick around gets FLAMED?
    OPEN YOUR EYES ADMIN, AND OWNER, THE SERVER IS A SINKING SHIP AND EVERYONE IS JUMPING I SUGGEST YOU PATCH THE HOLES BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

8. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

And now we know who ratted him out...

Oh and, if you're that concerned about "Theft" go play on retail you hypocrite. Same argument can be made that playing on a private server is like "Going up to NCSoft and stealing their money".

I hate all these goddamn idiots...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  9. Seantot

Seantot Banned

Nicely said.

10. Jemindra

Jemindra Well-Known Member

IMO, I think it was kinda messed up he got banned a day after his birthday. >_>

11. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Played and have retail pre-paid for 1 year since start. Shitty support, not going to bother.

12. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

Don't care. Don't QQ about "theft" when you're playing on a private server.

Oh and if "shitty support" were an olympic sport, gamez would win the gold, silver, and bronze.

4 people like this.
  13. FadetoBlack

DYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. Boom, nicely said, simply stated.

14. Sukitsu

Sukitsu Proficient

GJ Forum Warrior.

15. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

Who's banned and who's unbanned?

16. lightning90

lightning90 Proficient

well, to be honest, i dislike illusionist XD

but i respect oplay as a player. he may not remember me but he saved my ass during an event once(never knew who he was at the time). but anyway, take care Oplay, have fun with whatever you're doing next.

and food for thought:

instead of fixing the proxy voting issue, they ban.
    instead of fixing the bugs that got abused, they ban.
    lolwut >.> ban all glads and templars cuz their skill that increases blocks by 500 points is bugged. you can't jump with that skill on but i can. IT'S BUG ABUSE! BAN BAN BAN >.> and all other class that have broken skill that give the players an advantage :3

What oplay did actually helped the server, even though it's wrong, it did help keep the server on top 10. and i agree with fade that the punishment is overkill. scratch that. to me it's like nuking an ant that stole a crumbs of your cookie. $120 worth of stuff? bull-fucking-shit. i can make my own private server and set the items to 20 cent. it's worthless. the only reason it's "$120" is cuz carl set it. and theft? Say that to admin who took donation money for life-time subscription to hentai site.

17. FadetoBlack

It's funny how many of us can agree (with some bias, like me, or without bias, people like you) yet the GMs won't do shit, its funny, because I'll stick around until the end to say "i told you so". It's also funny how the end is right in their faces, yet they cant see it yet.

18. Xial

Xial New Member

lets not forget the more then50% of quests that are broke, and that you can only get shit titles and have to pay for the good ones....

Go through the list of things this server claims to have on features on the site and you'll see most of them need to have notes added with exceptions lol.

19. Pedrospr

Pedrospr Proficient

its not like carl is doing that much with the money-.-

20. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

Yes, he is. Just not for Gamez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.