1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

newb looking for guidance

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Corvyn, May 26, 2022.

1. Corvyn

Corvyn New Member

The game is pretty overwhelming to start out in, all the clutter and janky ui doesn't really help to even get a grasp of what's important and not, I don't know where to start and where to spend most of my time effectively first. I'm done with pvp in general so i plan to just stay below lvl 50 and see what the game has to offer, I don't care if i'll be missing out on class awakenings and whatever, i heard this comes with other limitations such as your AP getting reduced against mobs however? How different is BDO from GameZBD besides some of the obvious things like free pearls (which i'm very thankful of btw)

what exactly is there to do in this game? what keeps you people hooked besides PvP?

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Welcome to the GamezBD Forum, and I do hope that your stay on the GamezBD servers, is an enjoyable experience.

To address some of the things you have asked, I will start with asking; what do you think computer games are about?

Because they mean different things, to different people. For instance, the main use of computer games, is to waste your extremely valuable lifetime, for which there are no refunds, on something that is exciting as well as entertaining.

So, the people playing this game, do so for various reasons. To me personally, I think it is the grandness of the graphics engine, along with the wonderful action combat. But more than just that, the amount of options, for your characters, to do in-game, is staggering.

About the whole "spending time effectively", that's just a mainstream ideology, which isn't really applicable in games, because they are specifically for wasting time. About the notion that "BDO is just a PvP game", that is also a terrible mislabeling, again produced by the mainstream sheeople. Because as is clear, to anyone who's paid attention, the BDO game is rich with activities, that have Nothing to do with PvP.

Now it might be argued that the End-Game, is indeed ramping up to becoming a member of a Guild, and entering into Guild/Node wars, Sieges as well as the Arenas of PvP. But well before you get even close to that, you have a plethora of options available. In fact joining a Guild early on, depending on the Guild of course, can be massively helpful, especially to completely new players to the game, due to the possibility of guildmembers, who will be kind and helpful, guiding the players through the whole game experience.

There are tons of Guides out there, regarding the BDO game, and I can warmly recommend using the guides here on the Forum, check the guides section, or checking out the Grumpygreen guides. Also in that section, you can see what is so special about GamezBD, and where it differs from the retail-BDO servers, although I do have to say, that the GamezBD management and development, try their best to deliver a copy of the retail-BDO server experience, with some really awesome bonuses thrown in.

One last thing; you do Not "need to" stay below level 50 here on GamezBD, and there is also little worry about being harassed, because there are some server rules (check my signature below) ;)

Hope this helps you out, and for future reference, making a Forum search before poting a new thread, is really useful since it is better to continue an older thread, than create several threads about the same topic.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    Corvyn likes this.