1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ocean content, Sea Monster Hunting, Barter Boost

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Savastj, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Savastj

Savastj New Member

Hello everyone, I apologize in advance if in this article I could be wrong and not write in proper English.

I wish to express a subject that I really care about and very controversial.

I’m talking about ocean content. I was a player of the seas in retail, (an Only Ocean one...) I always liked to spend hours and hours dreaming of my ship, with my cannons, travels from one side of the ocean to the other, killing sea monsters, and dreaming the much-desired Ebenruth Nol for my carrack valor.

In Gamezbd I immediately noticed that the ocean content was very distant from the daily gameplay of players, and in my opinion this is sad. Those who want to start a journey in the sea know well that they must devote 1-2 months before preparing a sustainable and economically efficient situation for the time spent (efficient, I’m not even talking about earnings). There is not even any content on you tube or google of players who have reached the ocean endgame in gamezbd, wherever I look I find no feedback from those who concluded an entire blue gear on their carrack. Sure...I’m a hardcore ocean player, or at least I was, and so I might be too attached to this gameplay...but I really think the Barter, together with sea monster hunting is really far from a minimum effort on the part of the gamezbd player to try only the ocean experience.

What I want to raise is that perhaps, we should find a way to allow people who want to engage at sea rather than gathering(example), a way to speed up the progression on the Barter or on the crow coin, that are the key to progression for ships and to make some money with the Barter.

Currently bartering and collecting exchange is the only way to get the carrack progression, but with retail times...we are in a server where grind an hour on the seasonal allows you to earn from 200 to 400 million per hour for the beiginner players...

I believe there is a clear imbalance in this content. Let’s be clear, I’m not saying you have to insert multipliers at any cost, but at least you can give the opportunity to player, at least those who spend money for a carrack, to be able to buy enough gear to really live the ocean and cover the aspects of the game that many people do not even consider.

The solutions I thought are:

exchange 2x Barter multiplier exchange: ex. 6 trade-> 12 points

Exchange of crowcoin always to the maximum possible without RNG.

Making some exchange like: Artisan's for caphras --> something rare in ocean for crowcoins...??

Green gear and blue gear carrack set in webshop

Everything I have written is clearly a way to compare myself with the community and in no way to criticize the work of those who patiently manage the server and undertake day after day to provide us with a fanstastic gaming experience. I thank you in advance for any answers to my proposals, and I wish you a good day.

Savastj
    The forgotten sailor

Legendario and loboram like this.
  2. Killings

Killings Skin over Skill

im a sailer too and i understand all what you write. im currently farming crowcoins for my green carrack and its a long way to obtain it.
    I agree in all points but not in the last. I think when u get max Coins with no RNG u dont need green/blue gear in webshop. when u can buy it u dont have anything to farm

3. Savastj

Savastj New Member

Yes, you’re right, the best solution could be to insert items of exchange with the crow coin, at this point there would be no need to insert in webshop gear blue and green. The critical problem concerns the crowcoin, or at least the EXCHANGES...without an exchange boost bartering is really too expensive and long compared to other life skills.

The sea monster hunting could be really an activity on which to invest a carrack in order to grind in alternative to the usual grind spot of the land. Increased drop rate on crocodiles allows a RNG factor with sailor’s chest...I believe it may be something that ADDS experience to the ocean.. Lekrashan boss and Margoria stones too...

Legendario likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

First up thank you for bringing a worthwhile suggestion to our Forum Suggestion Section :)

I actually like the idea of making it more attractive to sail around in the Game-World, but I am not sure if you have thought it all through though.
    This has to do with the variety of players, although we mainly have PvP/PvE players, our community once had a bunch of Life-Skilling players as well, which have now mostly left our community, because management wasn't giving them a fair space to progress alongside the mainstream progression.

You see here on GamezBD we have a Limit on Trading, ALL trading, where Bartering isn't included, of 400 Million Silver per day.
    It sounds good, however the whole game-design is centered around keeping players locked onto this game, for hours a day, and months at a time.

I know that some areas of GamezBD, could surely use the Special Server bonus rates that they advertize, but if they were to be employed across the board, I am not sure if there'd be much game left to play, so to speak.

So what exactly would you want to increase, and how much?

This is not really true at all, since all players (hopefully) play their own game, have different schedules, and attitudes towards gaming. I am saying this, because it isn't fair to spread false rumours on our forum.

Facts are that SOME players can make that amount of Silver, while most do not.

As I said, I really like your suggestion, however there are still many problems with GamezBD, when it comes to being a player who doesn't like the PvP/PvE daily "grind".

As I said the Trade has a daily Limit to it, which is affecting the whole GamezBD population, unless of course you completely ignore ALL quests, and ONLY play for PvP.

The reason our Central Market is falling apart, is partly due to the terrible way it is designed, loads of problems with item pricing, and the way bidding works, absolutely horrible. But the second reason it is falling apart, is due to the lack of life-skilling players altogether. As I said, most of them have left, because the GamezBD management hasn't answered their MANY suggestions, to improove (how it sounds) Trading on our community, and because nothing has changed in the last 1+ years.

IF GamezBD starts making changes to the progression rate of the Sea content, and making it just as profitable to Barter as doing PvE, then it would be a massive "Finger" to the Life-Skilling community, who have been waiting around, for GamezBD to improove the conditions they have had for So long.

SO...all in all...There could certainly be some major changes made, to both the Life-Skilling and Sea-content, BUT without a properly functioning Central Market, it won't last long...since the whole idea with the Trade part of this game, is to get Players to interact through an economic central hub, where the whole point is for Silver to exchange hands, as well as get more players interested in earning Silver in other ways, than the mainstream boring way of doing it.

Legendario likes this.
  5. Killings

Killings Skin over Skill

Batering exp is not need realy to boost because u only have less cost but it would be nice when u can trade more often so you will unlock more routes faster for more crow coins

6. Savastj

Savastj New Member

First of all, thank you for your contribution and for clarifying certain concepts that I have not had the opportunity to express. I agree with you on most of the criticisms made to the points you mentioned, for the simple fact that I play gamezbd recently, and inevitably my report is in function of the Retail server, where I can easily compare the difference with gamezbd in the Ocean content.

You in a nutshell carry on the concept that it is a Systemic problem and not the single Life Skill due to the problems you mentioned before. Understandable and lawful.

Unfortunately, however, the problem remains, and without any change, the chances of understanding how far it is speculation, or a critical point we will never know, agree?

I can now answer for what I would like, and for people like me who have played BDO in a world that has always been neglected compared to other activities on the land (It’s my presumption, I think the Ocean content is a sort of second choice, and I don’t really like the idea that it’s built that way, but let’s move on). I really regret that for players like us sailors, it is so difficult to recover the level of fatigue, suffering, time spent in retail to return to the content that have kept us in the chair for so long. if what you say about systemic problems is true.... Then my request to insert in webshop gear blue and green, is even more legitimate...(Remember that enhanching theese pieces requires a lot of crow coin--> effort in any case...)I can not reach it so quickly with fatigue, or rather I do not want: I buy it. As u can you buy so many things pay to win already directly from the webshop, right?

It doesn’t seem like a request out of this world, I just want to start avoiding spending 4 months of my life that I’ve already spent elsewhere, maybe I’m one of the few players that asks for this but after 2 years of bartering in the ocean is really frustrating. The easiest choice would be to go back to retail. but I don’t like retail for so many other things.

So that’s my point of view, and I think it’s okay for everyone, the people with the money will keep buying what they want from the webshop, so at this point, give me a chance to do that. I don’t want to retract and waste the time I’ve already spent elsewhere.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  7. Savastj

Savastj New Member

Could we do another nice thing, if we moved the ship Upgrade completely to the PVE? We insert a crow coin exchange for the materials of sea monsters.... the problem of the Barter is overcome. I was thinking about it right now.

loboram likes this.
  8. Archivar

Archivar New Member

I would love to see such changes to the sailing content. Unfortunately, no matter how good or balanced you may suggest things, it won't be implemented. These nice threads, like many others out there will never see implementation no matter how vocal the forum is. I would love to be corrected one day on this fact >.>
    Soon it will be buried in other suggestions and never go live.

Legendario and Savastj like this.
  9. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

"...possibly greater time cost? (requires 15 more Tear of the Ocean. This item can’t be obtained via Barter. It is obtained via a Daily Black Rust quest. 1 per day. It has a steep 3,900 Crow Coin cost for each. The good news is you would be guaranteed to have enough Tears from questing after 50 days)..." (https://grumpygreen.cricket/bdo-epheria-caravel-upgrade/)
    Alright, I do understand where you are "coming from" now, it is indeed a whole lot of "work", to acquire certain things in BDO.

Me personally, I actually went through the trouble of making an Epherian Sailboat "the oldfashioned way". That was a daily quest for 30+ days, as well as gathering a heck of a lot of materials. IF I had the cash to spend, and had to do it all over again, I would certainly want to buy it, especially because I have done it "the long way 'round".

https://grumpygreen.cricket/caravel-gear-blue/

Looking at the list of ship gear in the link above, I can certainly understand why you would like it as a possibility. However, might I commend your last suggestion; Increased Crow Coins reward

While there are still some items, that need some time to gather, the one problem that seems to remain, is the need for tens of thousands of Crow Coins, right?

Wow...while I was answering the previous reply, this appeared.

I can understand your frustration, however you should read the forum rules, especially about Not spreading false rumours/information.

I do have to say, that there are some aspects of the server-core, that are beyond the abilities of the coders to interfere with, BUT that many times they have come up with work-arounds to make a similar affect, without needing to change the code that they cannot touch.

So while saying this, I am unable to declare which threads have "a chance in hell" to become implemented and which do, but that shouldn't discourage the GamezBD forum community, from at least voicing their opinions and asking for changes.

Mind you, there have been a LOT of misguided suggestions of late, because "new" player-generations aren't "used to" having to play a game like BDO, which means that they just want more and more, easier and easier, quicker and quicker, without stopping and considering the game that they're playing, is actually designed to keep players playing for a LONG time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2021
    Legendario and Savastj like this.
  10. Savastj

Savastj New Member

Correct, especially because who buys a carrack from the webshop, will still have to start from 0 exchange( I don’t see the need to buy a carrack at games started...), which means to do the exact same process, with a boat a little bigger, to make the carrack at least enough to be worth $150. For me it is really controversial...l don’t get over it.. ahah

11. Legendario

Legendario New Member

Very interesting suggestion. I love the sea content and i wish some day they pay some attention on it.
    Im trying to do daily quests to get Carrack items but its too dificult for me with an Epherian Caravel.