1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Info Open World: Heiron

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Noyah, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOndee

DOndee Filipino Pride 2019 Forum Legend

The biggest issue for the longest time in this server has been the split opinions of the player-base in general. Most of the people are super used to the ping pong PvP that has been going on since, pretty much, the start of the server. They want somewhere to fall back to, get numbers and push back out. These are the people who are used to pvping solo within a zerg before version 4.5 and this is the only way they know how to PvP - not saying this is a bad thing but it's what is making the server's PvP fall out.
    However, there are select few that are PvP-gurus that have made it a habit to group up within their legion and PvP as a separate group. You may have once seen them before in Beluslan/Heiron during the kisking days where they would fight zergs of solo people. These are the people who are wanting their old style of PvP back which is impossible due to the state of the server's population going south.

Now that the PvP is being meshed up into a single ball of ping ponging back and forth, what happens is 1 race of solo people within a zerg and a group or 2 of people with good group PvP mechanics completely dominate the PvP - making the other race with no strong group stop trying, leaving the PvP dying altogether.

Now for the million dollar question. - How do we make this work?
    My suggestions would be:
    1. Make BGs open more often and make them last longer. Get people accustomed to grouping up and communicating.
    2. Make it impossible for people to leave BGs, punish people that AFK inside. Now this may not be a popular choice among others but this is, for me, a case of tough love. The server is evolving to a group style of PvP.
    3. If you want to make open-world PvP possible again, let the players alone decide. There is an issue about spoon feeding the players where the current PvP location is at. I've read that you want to re-implement kisking, then open the rifts in heiron/beluslan to allow invasions from both races. However, with the current population as it is right now, this is as far as a stretch.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion to the current situation. These are just my 2 cents as regards to how the state of the server is going.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Agmb, Lag and Dan like this.
  2. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

On the top of the mountain, yes.

Obelisk likes this.
  3. Err

Err New Member

Bases is not the problem :) The problem is because of the OP gears and their effects. Not balance

4. PhrosPhere

PhrosPhere New Member

I miss the Old PVP Mapssss,and the PVP in Core....

5. Sacri

Sacri New Member

Meh. I dunno, now we know the problem is people are lazy and prefer pvp areas with obelisk, buff zones etc. How about set another map with Box loots and bosses to divide people and maybe this time avoid zerging? People don't go to other places cause they prefer to loot those gm custom boxes and those DP mobs etc. Like, maybe Heiron and another map with same loots etc. Just a thought, but thank you Noyah for trying to fix the problem. I dunno, maybe think about this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.