1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Problem: New Group-Chat channels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Jul 11, 2021.

?

Do we ALL use the New chat-channels, as they are supposed to be used?

1. Yes, of course we will, because the management wants GamezBD, to be as close to retail as possible.

83.3%
  2. No, because we think that chat-channel abuse and being disrespectful, is completely okay.

16.7%
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Just wanted to know, since my last question was left unanswered by the staff, how we here at GamezBD are going to deal with the New server-chat channel system?

The new server-chat channels system, was introduced not so long ago, that is most likely why players in general, aren't really aware of what has happened.

This new server-chat channel system, is Extremely easy to use, and you all know what they say, about people who are afraid of new things right? Well it isn't something nice...It is demeaning and quite rude really...But about people who are interested in new things, and are ready to try things out, they usually say quite nice as well as encouraging things.

You can go check whether there is anything left of the old system, you know back in Settings once upon a time, you could change languages, now there is only a chat filter.

Nowadays the different languages for the server-chat channel are handled in the Main Menu/Community/Chat Group.

You will find that some languages have been chosen, to represent a large part of the different language users, well if they aren't using the international language English, then they shouldn't be abusing the English server-chat channel. That is what Pearl-Abyss chose when they made this new system, so this is really about whether the GamezBD-staff are ready to stand by the Choice, of making GamezBD like a retail-bdo clone, or trying to make more changes to the game, whatever they can manipulate, in order to make GamezBD REALLY stand out from anything else out there.

Not trying to say that players shouldn't use the different server-chat channels, if they do know how to communicate in the language of the server-chat channel they choose (how it sounds), then they are better at communicating with various players, and that will lead to a better game-time enjoyment, since this game is a MMORPG.

So by All means, please switch server-chat channels often, and just learn to respect the different server-chat language channels, that way you aren't breaking the inbuilt rules of the game, and you aren't behaving in a way that is not okay.

2. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I believe what you meant to say is that the players don't care that such a thing even exists.

3. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I've moved your thread to suggestions, since this is not a problem in need of support.
    Also, you have misunderstood this Chat System I told you about, this is a "Chat GROUP System", and as the name say it's a chat for a group of players, this isn't used to force people into "other chat-servers". The Chat-Server will always be usable by everyone no matter the language and it will cost energy.
    Now, I do understand that you have a suggestion since you already posted about it, but this is just not right to recode the game (which our Development Team doesn't do) to force people to choose a "custom Chat-Server" regarding their language.
    You said that the Staff left your "question" unanswered, but since it was a suggestion, there's no obligation of replying... And since it was something that would niche the players and need a recode of the game, well it wouldn't be possible.

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

Thank you so much for the reply, although it isn't really a Suggestion, otherwise I would have posted it in the Suggestion Section. It is indeed a problem which is why I posted it in the Problem Section to begin with.

Now I do understand that there are limits, to what the development team can and cannot do with the game, and that there would be an issue with players Not using other language chat channels at all, however I do not quite understand the notion of what you were trying to say, regarding the clearly New server-chat channel system?

It seems extremely straight forwards to me;
    No longer will server-chat (nor specific language) channels be selected in Settings, where there used to be an option for which language chat channel you wanted to be in. Now it has been changed, into an Extremely Easy way to change specific language chat-channels, by just selecting a Community/Chat Group.

Now I am sure that I am not trying to interpret what Pearl Abyss meant, when they made this change to the chat system: https://www.sea.playblackdesert.com/News/Notice/Detail?boardNo=3191&countryType=en-US

However, as you all can Clearly see, it has nothing to do with what is happening here on GamezBD, in addition to the difference that on GamezBD, there is No way to access the chat service: Chat Group (blue).

So, once again, I am perplexed over this odd way to handle the matter. I am not trying to be mean towards any of you, I know that you (the staff) are interested in making GamezBD a great place, for all the players who want this type of gaming platform, eventhough there is plenty of room to add more playing-styles, as in the clear lack of life-skill; Trading.

The thing is, now there isn't any way to change the Server-chat channel, to a specific language like there used to be, and now with this new Language Chat Group option, that the GamezBD development team itself came up with, it just seemed quite obvious that the trick was; choose a server-chat language channel.

Now I see that it isn't the way it is being handled, and I am very disappointed as well as surprised, which is why I really wanted some feedback from the dev. team:

Why is there this new Chat Group system, if you can't use it?

Why remove the old system, where you could choose a specific language for your server-chat?

5. loboram

NOW it works just fine...I can see the group chat in the chat window, AND I have to option to write in it as well...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Love you development team! :joyful::happy:

You can now close or delete this thread, whatever you like...

6. Jujuba

There's nothing wrong with both Chats, that said seems more like a suggestion since you would like something original to be changed and merged with another system (Chat-Server + Chat-Group).

Again, there's no new "Chat-Server" system, the chat you've been referring to is a "Chat Group" which was created by PA and originally has other topics, as you can see on the link you have found. Since these topics are easy to change, @Kolka probably took the time to change it from themes (Lunar Halo Inn, Battle Arena, Hystria Ruins etc) to languages (English, Russian, Portuguese etc). I'm just trying to confirm with him if this change from Themes to Languages has been done by our Dev Team or by PA.

That's something only PA may answer, we just apply the changes according to what new build updates brings. See the Central Market as an example, we held the old Central Market up to the point that we couldn't anymore due to files and codes from old Market being removed from the build.

As I explained above, Group Names ("topics") from Chat Group has probably been changed here on GameZBD to have Languages as Topics instead of helding Chat Groups for Arena, Sailing and such.
    To access these Chat Groups after joining one of them you have to open Chat Options and check the box to show the Chat Group in Chat window.

Again, Chat Group wasn't designed by our Team... It's an original system, the only difference between Retail Chat Group and GBD Chat Group are the available topics.

You can make use of it, but that doesn't mean that everyone should.

You gonna have to ask this to PA, since they're the ones to add and remove systems from the game.

Furthermore, what I can tell you is that you've been misunderstanding Chats for a long time.
    Chat Server has always been like this and Chat Group is another thing. Also, I believe that what you're referring to is the Chat Channel, which works with the Filter Chat and you can choose a language to make it work. You may check it under Settings > General Settings > Language. There you will find Chat Filter and "Chat-Channel: Send & Receive", which you have to choose a language in order to filter the chat.

7. loboram

8. loboram

@Chiclete hi again...I don't want to start a fight or be disrespectful here, but I was merely wondering why you posted that reply AFTER, I had updated the thread?

The update Clearly said that it works now, and that you were free to delete or close the thread, yet you chose to continue the conversation, basically telling me that I had absolutely no idea of what I was talking about, when it is quite obvious from the link I included, directly from Pearl Abyss specifically about the Group Chat channels, and how they are Completely different from what we have here on GamezBD, that I was merely asking why this wasn't working as intended?

Then I updated the thread and said it was now working, but you had to answer the previous post instead, while not being part of the developement team. Again...NOT trying to start a fight...just wondering.

Well, to answer the more important aspect of the reply you gave; Chat Filter.
    https://ibb.co/Wpmw4rS
    https://ibb.co/jWd7ybZ

I am REALLY NOT trying to argue with you here, but I just feel that the reply you gave me was quite unnecessary, and as you can plainly see from the screenshots, there is NO way to select a specific language in the settings anymore. The Chat Filter only functions to "censor" certain words, so you are unable to see them typed in the chat.

SO...let's just put this behind us, and move on...I thought that the Group Chat channels, were the new server-chat channels; Which they Aren't. I was wrong, and I -as a mature adult- have no problem admitting to that.

I didn't have access to the Chat Group chat, when I pressed "Enter" in order to type a chat message, which was the reason I thought it wasn't working. That is why I made the thread to begin with.

Now it just seems I am having trouble accessing the server-chat channel, and the Group Chat channel (English) seems to bug out once in a while, just stops accepting messages for a while (around 1 minute or so).

9. Jujuba

I just replied because you had some unanswered questions and I was finishing another thread first, but I already had it wrote.
    Anyways, don't forget that you will automatically leave the chat group if you change character, server, or log in again.
    Also, note that you can not enter if the chat group is full.

loboram likes this.
  10. loboram

Thank you so much for this valuable answer...it is however extremely useful then to know a bit more about this Chat Group system;

1. How many players can be in one Chat Group at a time?

2. If you change server channels (sea-1-3-arsh), do you then join the same Chat Group channel you just left, after rejoining it manually?

3. Are there any changes planned, for the chat system, from the Development team here on GamezBD?

11. loboram

"1. I'm not sure, PA also didn't said anything about that. I may ask this to Kolka.
    2. If you do anything mentioned there you will have to manually join a group again.
    3. There's no plans to change chat groups right now."
    Quote from @Chiclete.
    Thanks for that answer...was helpful...but yeah, thanks, I would love to hear from @Kolka, about the details.

Jujuba likes this.
  12. Jujuba

I'm back to confirm that the topics from Chat Group were indeed changed here on GameZ to Languages instead of "random themes".
    Also, it seems that our Chat Group has no limit of players either.

loboram likes this.