1. Dismiss Notice
  2. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Quota limit? Launcher closing game after game in tray; occured/s on both 621 and 661

Discussion in 'Problems' started by WeedTaXi, Feb 24, 2018.

1. WeedTaXi

WeedTaXi New Member

I can login and play the game but every so often I put my client in window mode and minimize the game itself to the taskbar tray so I can focus on my university coursework, and when I return, well, lets just say it isn't good. I press the ^ on Windows 10 Pro (x64)'s taskbar tray and hover over the launcher before reading my BDO client's icon and every single time I hover over the launcher icon when both are minimized to the tray, the game pops up an error about quota limit. I remember doing a search on google about it and Microsoft says its due to a small paging file; however, this cannot be the case because it is suggesting 4GB while I have customized it to have a 9GB paging -- both OS and its paging file are on the same drive.

Picture of the error popup:
    [​IMG]

What Microsoft says about this error (it doesn't help get rid of it):
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms820778.aspx

After everything closed once I clicked "ok" on the error, I went into my Event viewer and looked at Administrative Events in regards to said error and there were 3.
    [​IMG]
    from bottom to the top I will show the error, with each image being of each error.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is always over 4 hours it feels when this happens, but there have been a few times when it hasn't and I have played a total of 8 hours before temporarily closing the game. My system has restarted, all updates are installed for my motherboard, bios, OS, GPU, and the entire gamezbd and black desert is allowed through my firewall, and scans along with windows defender and with correct app settings in regards to black desert online client. I have even done file verify check. It did this before the 661 patch when we were on 621 too. I think there is some sort of memory/paging bug going on with the launcher since it doesn't do any of this with retail. I am using it as a reference because if there is no problem with retail then it leads me to believe it has to be an issue with the launcher.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

The quota error happens when you mouse over the gamezbd icon in tray instead of the bdo icon. For me, if i do not close the error, the game does not close until I do. If you avoid that icon in tray, it should not happen.

WeedTaXi and Mav like this.
  3. WeedTaXi

WeedTaXi New Member

Oh okay. I did look at the error link but I did not find any info in regards to it so I thought I would post it here. If everyone else gets it too then... Although we shouldn't be getting this error at all.

edit;
    I tried what you said and not close the error but the BDO client still force-closed on me with launcher still staying open and the error popup still popped up ...

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Sounds like you have insufficient Page-File then. Computer-Properties-Advanced System Settings-Advanced-Settings-Advanced-Virtual Memory/Change-Custom Size (16000-32000)

5. WeedTaXi

WeedTaXi New Member

Since a pagefile is optional if I have enough ram, I don't see why it would be doing it since it is a failsafe that occurs if there is not enough ram available or if I need to have dump files. I have the following ram in quad-channel: Corsair Dominator Platinum 8x8GB (total: 64GB) DDR4 2667mhz

While the game runs for extended periods, it never goes past this:
    [​IMG] (Taken under About in Settings within Windows 10 Pro x64)
    [​IMG] (taken from Performance under Task Manager)

"A page file (also known as a "paging file") is an optional, hidden system file on a hard disk. The page file can be used to "back" (or support) system crash dumps and extend how much system-committed memory (also known as “virtual memory”) a system can back. It also enables the system to remove infrequently accessed modified pages from physical memory to let the system use physical memory more efficiently for more frequently accessed pages." (Microsoft, n.d.)

"However, the reason to configure the page file size has not changed. It has always been about supporting a system crash dump, if it is necessary, or extending the system commit limit, if it is necessary. For example, when a lot of physical memory is installed, a page file might not be required to back the system commit charge during peak usage. The available physical memory alone might be large enough to do this. However, a page file or a dedicated dump file might still be required to back a system crash dump" (Microsoft, n.d.)

Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...opriate-page-file-size-for-64-bit-versions-of

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

@WeedTaXi I like how you went all out in the explaination and even a show of your quite up to date and very powerful system as well :)
    But I do admit that I could have phrased my previous message better, what I meant to say is: "Then it MIGHT be... I hope that helps but I do not know the exact nature of the problem since it sounds like a glitch in the way your system is handling the program however I am far from an expert on the subject". So I do want to apologize that I just made the previous message sound as if I knew exactly what the problem was and how to solve it. I really hope you find a fix for it soon though and the reason I gave you that solve by the way is that it worked wonders for me when I increased my Page-File to 32000 since I also had received a couple of those system messages previously but as soon as I made the change I have not had any problems at all other than my system being old, slow, and outdated much like myself :)

WeedTaXi likes this.