1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Recent Patch: Changes?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by KoroFish, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

@Carl just edited his fix post to 50% respawn up from 30%. Its an improvement but still not where it was yesterday. Should be set to 70-80%.

2. REEEEEEEE

REEEEEEEE New Member

Please bring the "old" GameZ back. This isnt what i came for, nor what i paid for. thank you :(

Fabled likes this.
  3. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

I apologist for my assumption then. As for ignoring the community I disagree on that. Carl and his team listens and reads these posts every day, they may not reply to them but they do listen. Example http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/discord-boss-sorting.216320/ was listen too and made in effect very quickly without any reply from carl or kolka. Also they have adjusted the respawn rate twice now so again they are listening.

So you too stop making silly assumptions ;). I believe the respawn rate was not intended with this update, and hopefully enhancement chances if any did change with it was intended. These things happen even on retail. Patches can mess things up and can also take time to pinpoint there issue and fix.

4. maelkbryan

maelkbryan New Member

As a new player, I was promised a fun experience, much easier when it's comes to grind and enchanting, and what I get it's really the opposite. Yes,I know a new player should expect to compete with a veteran player in a few weeks or even month,but forget about competing with a veteran player, I've trouble finding myself getting tet or even tri. And now with the lower Blackstone drop? thank you very much.

5. TRUMPguild

TRUMPguild New Member

Monday, March 26th 2018.
    • Construction on the US-Mexican border wall begins.
    • I finally started that high-fiber diet.
    • GamezBD kills itself.
    What a day.

BannedisBanned likes this.
  6. Jezi

Jezi New Member

i hate the new changes from the recent patch. the respawn rate is horrible. impossible to gather. 2 minutes on monster spawns? Most of your areas in Valencia have 1/3 of the density in spawns as retail. and now you have the same respawn rate? Why are you tryin to make it exactly like the game we have left to come to you???If we wanted to play retail. we'd go play retail. we are here cause we dont want to play retail. i hope you guys realize that before you scare away your source of income.

7. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

LOL, you got used to the event drop rate and now the event is over and you cry? The drop rate is still 10x better then retail along with other rates that are insanely better then retail. It was an event that is now ended, get over it lol.

8. lokobot

lokobot New Member

Rip Gamezbd 26/03/2018

9. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Is it down to 2 minute repawn now? It was 2.5 an hour or so ago and 3 minute after first restart.

10. Proto

Proto New Member

[​IMG]
    This is one of my members: MilkMan. He started just when we all did nearly 5 weeks ago. The people who come here and play serious and know what they're doing from retail were able to make it happen. But with the patch today there is no way in hell any of us could have accomplished what we did without pulling our hair out — specifically because of how bad gathering is now.

Fabled likes this.
  11. FuRiouS

FuRiouS Legendary Member

Again im not sure what to say on enhancing, but I will say since i have been playing 7-8 week I have noticed an enhancement increase + RBF double loot event every weekend + the premium I can see your screen shot believable from a hardcore retail vet that knows what they are doing and where to farm.

My argument is the drop rates and respawn times. Drop rates are normal NON event drop rates. Respawn of monsters and gathering nodes on the other hand is a problem with such few channels and im sure carl will continue adjusting it til its back to the way it was as he has already made TWO adjustments to respawn values the past few hours trying to fix this issue without over fixing it.

This patch hasnt been out very long and everyone is screaming bloody marry lol.

12. strashiner

strashiner New Member

Yes!
    Point still stands -
    people are not happy about this at all, in essence, it would be wise to listen to player feedback.

13. maelkbryan

maelkbryan New Member

no, i know about that event, im talking about when 2/3 weeks ago when i first started, my guildmates said that enchanting was easier, i've play before the event started and it WAS easier. im talking to people who wanted to try the game. And I'm over it, that's why i'm leaving my account even tho already spend about $200+. And if you think how the fuck can't i get tet, mate i have a family to take care and a job to do. I play 1/3 hours a day. That's why i choose this server to begin with.

14. Fabled

Fabled New Member

People were complaining when they nerfed enhancing to be worse chance than retail for duo and tri, still no change, not an assumption that they don't respond and listen to their community, they at least don't do the responding part, just like kakao.

15. Mustlord59

Mustlord59 New Member

+1 To this thread, i dont know why they think well get bored especially with upcoming node wars and sieges, also it dosent matter if ppl get full pen, cuz then everyone's on a leveled playing field, instead of one team getting stomped

16. Trend

Trend New Member

+1 to the sentiments of all in support of reverting to the old ways.

Just over a week ago I sent Carl and Kolka this message about the need for open communication with userbase and then this happens.

If you care to read this is what they received and summarily did just the opposite.
    ___
    @Carl @Kolka
    Beyond any changes to the game itself the most beneficial task you could take on is much more open communication with the userbase. We have had a few patches over the last few weeks that have significantly changed the game and we did not receive much if any explanation as to why it would happen or any warning that it would occur in the first place. These kinds of uncommunicated changes have adverse effects on users whether or not they appreciate the changes. It harkens back to what occurred on retail NA/EU BDO where massive game-changing patches would drop without warning and ruin people's previous weeks of work. No reasoning why, no warning to consider what actions we should be taking as users. Just a sudden paradigm shift that some benefitted massively from and others did not. This will sow the seeds of doubt into the userbase and lead to rumors and other unhealthy attitudes becoming more rampant. The best way to battle this is to have open and transparent developmental processes, let us know what you're doing and why you're doing it. Give us an idea of what your current challenges are and how things are going with overcoming them. As we have seen through different models(Patreon, Gofundme etc...) people are happy to throw money and services at those who are providing value to them. You clearly understand this as you have your "donations" setup and you've been running the Aion server for 8 years.

My suggestion is to take 3 easy steps.

1) Create an in development section under sever info and update it as things progress (do not give specific time frames as people online hold you to them zealously)
    2) Add a development direction to the server info page as well. In this you'll let us know what you're working on, what changes you are making and planning on making and the reasoning behind it.
    3) Update it weekly or bi-weekly

Doing that will quell a lot of the discontent as well as decrease suggestions that are counter to what your stated intentions are.
    I have created a quick mock-up of what this simple yet powerful change could look like.

GamezBD Suggestion.png

evo, Mustlord59, Proto and 2 others like this.
  17. kridle

kridle New Member

I feel the changes need to be reverted with regards to spawn density and gathering rate for sharps and hards. New players are getting screwed over compared to the months these rates were ongoing before they joined.

18. Fabled

Fabled New Member

And enhancing, top geared players on this server have said it's harder when there's no reason to punish players for starting later... we're already punished by the guys in full pen contesting every good spot lol.

19. Proto

Proto New Member

TRUST
    Very hard to earn and even easier to lose. Can't agree more with @Trend

Fabled likes this.
  20. Shleeps

Shleeps New Member

If this shit doesn't get reverted im quitting and never looking back. It's bad enough that accessorie enchants are fucking terrible, now you do this? This is a good way to lose customers.

Fabled likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.