1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Request] Improvements to premium levels

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by DarkArtsSociety, Aug 3, 2021.

1. DarkArtsSociety

DarkArtsSociety WaitForAMinute

Before i start to complain about premium levels i want to said something. Half year ago i quit from Black Desert Official (after played 7.8k hours) and my friend send me a link with gamezbd community. Why didn't I give up bdo for good? because I saw in the gamezbd community what I haven't seen over the years in the kakao and pearlabyss team (because compared to the staff on the official gamezbd team takes into account the opinion of each player). And in this way I want to thank the entire staff for the involvement you show.
    In my opinion premium is a function that offers you many advantages only that its levels leave much to be desired. Why do i say that because for each level apart from the color of the animation given by the title and the tiny number of pearls per hour (+5 pearls per lvl ... for an hour +10 ... I would need to play another 145 hours to be able to get a slot increase prize +16, compared to a player who has a premium for a few days) that he offers seems to me by far to be an improvement
    In this sense I would like if you can offer us more advantages to those who have a higher level. I think that instead of the returning category that never disappears from the attendant rewards tab, you can put a category for premium level with higher rewards at each level:
    - extra fs
    - caphras
    - artisan memory
    - boxes (any type)
    Or at least for each lvl to receive drop rate increase (like +1-5% per level). I don't think it would ruin this improvement, but on the contrary it would be a much bigger reward for those who continue to invest in this community and at the same time I think it would increase the number of those who will want this feature. Thank you for your time and I wish you a beautiful day ahead !

2. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

It's one thing to reward the community for its continuous support,
    but its another to go down a slippery slope where the players feels more and more compelled to pay or has to keep paying to be able to have advantage that was already in my opinion VERY compeling
    and make it even unfair or just immoral at this point, especially the 1-5% per stack of drop rate is just insane.
    Some people don't like feeling like they have to spend to play a game without having a handicap compared to others, i think premium is already giving us enough.

Tl:dr
    Having less taxes higher enchantment and more pearls on top of that is already more than a good reason to just keep the premium up and pushing more benefit into it would just be a bad idea.

loboram likes this.
  3. DarkArtsSociety

Many ppl doesn't pay for that premium. They will buy it for bilions of silvers from another players who invest. Any player can have a premium if pay right for that (any1 has posibility to pay for that with CASH or with grinding time)

4. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

It's great that you say that cause i totaly forgot about that!
    What's so nice about this is that it will push players that don't wanna spend more towards people that wanna pay real life money for in game currency and fuel a more and more P2F/P2W game.

Also seems like you missed my point.
    As a player i don't wanna feel like i'm wasting my time or potential if i don't buy things like for exemple on retail if i don"t spend money on pets,storage,artisan's,costume etc .
    I have spent a few time on gamez already for the enhancing and tax buff and i think from someone who doesn't spend that much on game those things you get form premium ARE enough.

loboram likes this.
  5. DarkArtsSociety

You missed the point of every MMORPG without money and with ppl who invest in that game doesn't exist. I made this post bcs we get less than higher level means. Not for talking about ppl who support this community with posts on forum. This forum doesn't exist too if no1 pay for that.
    PS: FS for you means something? For me is a percent. I failed with 98.5% and what is the point?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  6. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

"You missed the point of every MMORPG"
    I'm gonna assume that when you say EVERY MMORPG you're talking about the games that are being "developed" by Gamigo cause at no point in time do i see ANY successfull game being
    Heavily focused on Microtransaction to a point where its unfair especially when it come to being able to pay real life money for IG currency.
    In fact on top of that being the reason YOU are here playing gameZ and not retail is BECAUSE the more a game tend towards P2W the easyer it is for the game itself to lose its playerbase!
    The concern is: How much is too much?
    Premium mainly got 2 things other than pearls
    -Close to no taxes
    -Better enhancing
    Those two things are the bread and butter of BDO, they are what make the game difficult or grindier, it makes sense to continue to support the game whether it is for convenience or generosity and enough is enough!

I like the concern for the fact that GameZBD NEEDS to make money to exist which is already the case and has been for years but i can't help but be concerned about the fact
    that there is also a clear conflict of interest for you as a player since it would give the Premium more value and more incentive for player to buy it from YOU if they can't afford it and realy feel like they need to.

It is nice to criticize but i'd like to give a solution to all that.
    If and IF there is a need for gameZ to give more incentive to player to spend, instead of giving more very valuable things like drop rates artisan's etc
    you could:
    -Give them at a certain level the ability to buy Special item from the webshop like costume for a HUGE ammount of pearls
    -Reduce the cooldown on Home teleportation
    -Give them a weapon exchange once in a while.

loboram likes this.
  7. DarkArtsSociety

I missed every point of MMORPG?
    Let's take an example: In real life you accept to paid much more than now for you network speed increase? Or low speed network is enough for you?
    Back to post:
    Do you think anyone would pay for such a thing? How about reducing the time to return home? I guarantee that no one took this feature because they receive more karma or more exp. But most of us had that premium because the inventory capacity is much higher, we can teleport quickly (although even those without premium can do it only in one place, namely in velia), we have the opportunity to take more money from the sale of an item and +30% FS Chance (while I in the above post avoided FS +10, +20, etc.).
    You want new updates. Are those done without hiring staff to handle this? Where do you think that money comes from? Do you think the staff works in vain?
    If everyone who invests stopped investing, what do you think would happen to the server? Will he make a living from these comments?
    I opened this post in the hope that our effort to continue investing will be rewarded more (of course if possible, if we do not live with what we have).

8. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

I'm amazed you didn't realise that i was quoting you on "You missed the point of every MMORPG"
    The network exemple is a pretty good one since yes you pay more for a high speed network but i don't go back asking my ISP for a higher speed cause i am worried that people will stop paying if they don't upgrade every client after 6 month of continuous 'support"

I didn't realise GameZ was operating on such small margin and needed money for hiring staff to update their game on top of being at the verge of exctinction because of some reason people might stop paying for premium at any time. (since you seems to have trouble reading i'm gonna point out that this paragraph was purely sarcastic) edit: there is already profit and there will be for a long time hopefully i can tell you right now that the main reason they wouldn't be able to make profit will be due to the game itself dying and not due to lack of 'support feature". You don't want to cause the game to die by adding more microtransaction.

You keep pointing out that they don't make a living out of the forum wich is obvious.
    For now all i see is that you want to get better rewards for your continuous transactions, we could call this "supporting the game" but in reality they are just all transactions in wich you pay for a service (premium)
    just like when you go to a restaurant and pay for your meal.
    Best case scenario you'll get a reward card in wich you''ll probably get a free milkshake after 20 transaction in the webshop

You keep missing my points or just lack the ability to read, i'm gonna blame that on the language barrier but despite that you seem to not want to adress the things that i pointed out.
    (other than the solution that i gave wich was obviously NOT what the subject of my concern)

I'm not gonna repost the same argument as i did before.
    Good luck with wathever you're trying to do especialy if it's out of genuine concern for the game devs but you gotta acknowledge what are the positive and negatives.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  9. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Just to clarify a couple of things, that I have experienced while playing here on the GamezBD project, since before they opened the EU-server.

The Fact that you can communicate directly with the staff, is truly an invaluable thing, and it is wonderful to have this opportunity on top of a Free-World-Wide-Gaming-Service, as well as the Free-Pearls for online time.

However, where I want to correct your misguided views, is on the fact that the staff doesn't actually listen to each and every player. They will galdly help players out, but Really listen...not so much.
    It usually takes a couple of massive guilds, to move the needle of a suggestion, as it did with the GamezBD-Special-Custom-Content; Kolka's Helper NPC exchange service. There were 100's of voters on that suggestion, and petitions made pretty much all the time, and of course it did help that the ones asking for it, were big-spenders and streamers, which meant that they "opinions" affected mainstreamers by the hundreds, really sad fact by the way.

So it isn't actually true that one player, can make a suggestion, and then something happens because of it. It takes a LONG time, and many votes before something is even tried out programming-wise.

About the income of the GameZ-network, your guess is as good as anyone elses...BUT let's not forget that they have been at this for over 10 years now, and that they adamantly insist that their servers, aren't going to get shut down anytime soon, if ever. So it seems as if they at least have enough income, to pay for servers for the next many years already, as well as that the number of "hired-staff" is low, and is usually only paid specific work for programming/graphics, when they are unable to solve a problem on their own.

Most are "working" as volunteers, and the income of this project per month, could easily be incredibly high, or it could be enough to make the wheels keep spinning, but it certainly doesn't seem as if the GameZ-network is about the crash and burn, in fact Far from it.

I have agreed with pretty much all you've said so far, in response to the idea of adding more value to the premium users. However there are a couple of things that you forgot, which are the wonderful Teleportation ability that premium users have access to (3 free teleport points hourly cooldown), and the insane increase to creating Dreamhorses.

To sum up, I do think that the GamezBD special-custom-content, could certainly use a new additional boost.
    However the added "need" for a Pay-To-Win competition, should stay on the retail-BDO servers where they came from, since we already have enough of that here :(

hotdaawwwg likes this.
  10. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I believe that Premium Buffs is something that divides the community, some think it's good enough, others think it's not enough. Adding extra items like FS, Crons etc would be risk.
    Recently we've seen those Titles and Auras been added to make Premium more flavor, and it was a good addition, one that doesn't bother players that doesn't want to or can't have Premium always active.
    I'm not saying that we won't see anything new add to Premium, I'm saying that everything has to take into consideration before adding it, Premium already has a lot of useful features, like Teleport, Enchantment Chances and more. That alone is reason enough for the ones that can't afford it, so Premium cannot be overpower at all.
    IMO Premium has enough features nowadays, and being honest I only use it when it's enhancement weekend and if I have anything to enhance.

LegendaryN, hotdaawwwg and loboram like this.