1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Roleplay ?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Erynlia, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Erynlia

Erynlia French Roleplayer

Hello everyone !

I just had a small question: Will there be the presence of roleplayer on the server?

We are a small group of players (mainly French) and we are looking to establish ourselves in a permanent way. In order to do this correctly, I would like to know if you had any habits in terms of roleplaying.

Have a nice day and a very good game!

loboram likes this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

As far as I know, there is only one Guild, that offers real roleplaying to the whole GamezBD EU server. Unfortunately, no one is making a forum search or checking the Guild section of the Forum, in order to find it.

It just happens to be my guild, and unfortunately, it is in English, which might be problematic at times, especially for players who aren't well versed in the language. It does become frustrating, when you want to roleplay, but feel very limited by the language, and lack of expression you have.

[LostOnes] is the guild, not quite sure if you can find it with an in-game Guild search, but there is an entry in the Guild section ;)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
  3. XingHermina

XingHermina New Member

I think there are some people who enjoy RPing, you just need to find a nice PvE guild or friends =)

4. loboram

WOW! I have Never heard of that happening, Anywhere. In fact I have tried to make a point of interest, that only my guild and no others at all, on the GamezBD EU server, actually offer just the Possibility for Real Roleplaying.

It might be useful if Roleplaying Guilds, actually started advertizing that. Alternatively, the guilds in question might be interested in creating a Guild Alliance, where the guilds in it, are all offering some form of Roleplaying?

5. Erynlia

Hello everyone !

Thank you for your answers, it helped me a lot!

It warms the heart to know that some role-players survive despite the language barrier, which you sometimes have to overcome.

On our side, we have started to move forward. However, if on your side you also have a RP pole that is being set up, do not hesitate to let us know because it would be a real pleasure to meet all of you.

Family name: DestinyVFR

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

Well as I stated, my Guild is specifically setup for that reason; to have more and active Roleplaying players on the GamezBD community. However it is Really hard, not just because of the language barriers, but also due to the fact that some players, like me, are mature adults and have responsibilities in their lives, not to mention the fact that living real life actually matters, while just playing a computer game doesn't matter at all :D

Now getting players into the guild is already difficult enough, they have to understand that no one can be asked to be online 24/7, and that they have lives to live outside gaming. Then there is the part about finding time to play, and that the time has to coincide with the other players in the Guild. So without forcing guildmembers to show up at certain days or times, and actually just letting people play the game when they feel like it, the Guild has to somehow still be attractive for players, whether they are into Roleplaying or not.

I am telling you, that it only works if you already have a crew of 3+ friends, who are all on more or less the same schedule, and who are all into the same form of Roleplaying as you. It gets really difficult when things don't work out, and then there is the whole "having to deal with impatient players" part of it. Players who seem enthusiastic and join, but then because you aren't online for a couple of days, they leave without the basic courtsey, of just saying goodbye and why they are leaving.

It is just Really hard to get things to work, when you are dealing with players, who have a completely different approach to gaming than you do. I still cannot believe that there are guilds out there, that force their members to be online and on Discord at certain times and days, and if they do not follow "orders" they get kicked.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  7. Erynlia

Absolutely ! I totally understand, that's why we all have the same vision of the game and RP. We are all adults who have a bit of free time sometimes and just love to roleplay. It is essential in our rules that everyone has their irl life as a priority.

We have a little discord that allows us to relate the plots and progress to those who are not present, which allows them to join in when they can while having an idea of what was done there before their arrival. .

We have to understand that we are only on a game and that it must remain a pleasure above all. The idea is clearly not to open a thing with 45578999562161 people. Far from it, just taking pleasure in sharing the creativity of others. This is the key!

loboram likes this.
  8. Luren

Luren New Member

Hello,

End of holidays, here I am back on the game.

I had actually seen the ad. I'm French too, and interested for RP. Nevertheless, I suspect that this community must be particularly restricted. If you are still active, do not hesitate to reply to the following message.

Otherwise I'm talking to Loboram, are your roleplaying players active and above all demanding in terms of writing? I was wondering despite my level of English, if it would bother to do a trial or two with your guild.

Thank you in advance for your response.

loboram likes this.
  9. loboram

https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/roleplay.240143/#post-2219817

Think this is the "usual" problem really...players aren't as relaxed about gaming, as I am personally, and then the ones who are; are SO casual that I rarely see them online at all. Some are missing for up to a year, and still my Guild doesn't grow, mainly because of what I can only imagine is; a handful of trolls, on the GamezBD Community, who are continually harassing me, and spreading false information and rumours about me and my Guild.

Secondly, I do think that many players, being young or old, being active or not, STILL bow down to some antiquated and backwards belief; that if they do actually Roleplay, and some cunty troll saw them do it, then the harassment and persecution would be too much for them.

However, the ONLY way forwards, to finally RID the GamezBD Community, of this handful of in-bred pricks, is to stand up to them, and Expose them for what they are: Bullying dumbarsed shaitefaced prick trolls, with NOTHING in their own lives to do, so they Live to ruin or just really annoy complete strangers online.

So I say; PLEASE use the server-chat and ask "newbie" questions, and talk about Roleplaying, and female empowerment, and gay rights, and ANYthing that would "trigger" the poor little mindless trolls :D