1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sad state of the cooking (Impact of Oasis event)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ArchDevil, May 6, 2021.

1. ArchDevil

ArchDevil Getting there

Over half year ago an unintentional bug of traveling with cooking boxes increased the income based on where you crafted the boxes and where are you selling them.
    It was deleted becouse it was unintentional thing, it was kinda hash but I understand.

Now with free(1g per meal) Oasis meals the cron meals aren't worth at all, you actually pay to make them so the income doesn't exist.
    We got to the point that no on on EU is buying anything from market in most meal realated items.
    It was trully a nail to the coffin for all players which had empire of workers mostly build around cooking.
    Everything who's selling them is losing the money, not gaining anything becouse the all meals are cheaper to buy and make boxes out of it.
    Even if someone is doing boxes only they are ALSO limited 3h/400 per server which is mostly sold out after 10-15 minutes in most daytime and half of night.

I don't know if the meals will dissapear from the inventories after an event end, but like I said every single cron meal isn't worth it, most mats are cheap as hell and did hit bottom becouse there is almost no use of them.

It's so much easier to just grind PvE instead collecting rare mats like lion meat/scorpion/snake/milk, even the trading is shared amoung every activity like crates, alchemy, gathering items, fishing and mobs.

My idea to fix it is to again enable distance bonus profit for boxes again and increase the number of boxes from 400 to 1000 per 3h.
    Some may think it's crazy that I suggest "exploit" but hear me out, cooking requires many workers and lots of those items cannot be collected by players (date palm, fig, coconut etc.) Players in those times where buying everything off the market, meals, mats, where gathering a lot more. We have 1 meal daily for free since I remember and for most of people is enough so it's harder here too but that's ok, new players should have nice start.
    Current state of nodes is outdated in a manner of how long it takes you to build perfect empire is longer than most players think. For example 14 date palm worth 3100 is laughable for everyone who ever tried PvE. There is not too many lifeskillers on our servers which I understand, we aren't global so the demand can be low.

I really do hope that my post will move something, becouse cooking is fun, and it shouldn't be left behind like it is now.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Envy and loboram like this.
  2. Envy

Envy New Member

Well I think Arch is right and I like his idea how to fix it. At least you should bring back distance bonus profit.

3. ArchDevil

ArchDevil Getting there

4. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

Mostly agree with you.
    Cooking was hit pretty hard with the Oasis meals, Cron meal went from around 750K each to nothing i also remember doing the math back in the day where unless you had 2K cooking mastery you'd be barely beating the market with Cooking boxes instead of selling the meal on the market.
    The current state of cooking is a joke, you used to be able to do so much more and get so much more in return for your time i loved going around everywhere everyday collecting scorpion/snake and lion meat,
    it was truly another game in itself compared to what you do now.

As for the cooking boxes on top of it not totally fixing the sad state of cooking i am not sure how balanced it would be , it sure does look very appealing but then you'd have to deal with everyone selling at the same city for maximum profits and the cap on how much boxes everyone could sell would be driving people nuts. I think it could be fun GameZ "feature" but it would need to be done right!

i realy think that one easy fix to all this would be that kolka hit the Shift+Delete on the Oasis vendor and all the Oasis meals,
    and if we want more fun out of cooking to restore the bonus on the boxes in a pleasant way.