1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Seasonal gp reset

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Gon1337, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Gon1337

Gon1337 New Member

Yo does anyone have news on the seasonal gp reset?

2. katykat

katykat Proficient Forum Legend

I thought someone said it was postponed.

3. Gon1337

Gon1337 New Member

aww dang ok

4. Gravity

Gravity Wild Forum Legend

get out from gamez forums, ty

5. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

6. reck123

reck123 New Member

The reset seriously needs to happen. Mango was sitting around 70k GP yesterday, and today he's at 93k. You cannot convince me one person got 20k GP in 1 day with the amount of players this server has. Sure it's possible in glory considering he saved tickets and won every battle, but how is it possible other players have enough tickets to match all his tickets? I for one have not matched him in glory battles ever.

Gon1337 and Zeroce like this.
  7. katykat

I agree a reset would be nice, but getting to general + don't take to long do seige, do discipline, harmony and glory. for a glory loss I got like 800gp for 2nd place you get like 4k I'm told. I stack my discipline and harmony tickets to do them all on Saturday's usually. I can make easily 4k gp doing that or more never mind Glory gp. GP frankly means nothing on this server besides an xform. 2 star gear is enough to PvP in / rank 1 gear. Great General gear is the only other set you can get and it's not much better than the 2 star just cheaper medal cost really. Governor armor is the only one that makes a difference.

I think double the GP loss daily would help or triple for commander and higher and double for everyone else. Disable the governor armor and problem solved lol. I think a reset ever 6 months would be beneficial even if it reset everyone on the board to 2 star officer. Also found there are glory vendors in SC over by BT with a GP quest, but is the other vendor to buy the 2nd item needed? if this is in the game this is how players are getting higher quicker than they should. These vendors shouldn't exist until 4.7.5 and they should be in Levinshor / kata etc. GP gain is already insane, we don't need another way for players to get GP.

8. aVeryFatGuy

aVeryFatGuy Proficient

A GP reset is necessary at this point, but that's only a band-aid fix. The GP system being tied to arena is just flawed and has too many loopholes around it. Arenas should give other rewards like L110 enchantment stones or supplements instead of GP. The fact that you can get to the highest GP rank without ever contributing a single thing to sieges where GP matters most is stupid and never should've been a thing in the first place.

Transforms should also have been disabled. Each one is meant to take on a zerg or hold the front/back lines during siege meaning 15-20+ people and with this many transforms out there, every transform-able person who doesn't come or doesn't even know about the in-game mechanics surrounding this has an even more impactful negative or positive effect.

Gon1337 and Zeroce like this.
  9. katykat

transforming is a key mechanic to siege, has been around for a very long time. There is no reason to disable this, asmos have active commanders / governors at their disposal for sieges, where elyos have 1 active commander that's it. People yes use it for PvP at EB camp, use it to farm Dabras in Tia eye and such, but that has always been a thing. This has never made or broken a server before

NO arena should not give 110s or anything else besides the GP. You basically said why GP is an issue and you want to add other items that benefit the game more than stupid GP? GP is just a "who has the bigger dick" competition. Yes GP should be focused about sieges and such, but in 4.7 NCsoft didn't give a shit about that and implemented the Glory vendors. Even they thought the same shit. If you want to change how GP is distributed reduce the gp to x1 instead of x10, so ranking isn't as quick. Make it so Sieging yields more GP say x2 or x3 provide medals to both sides whether fort is owned or not. Might lure more elyos to try for at least a GP push. Right now it's like why bother seiging we can't win and GP can be gotten elsewhere. I show up to 90% of seiges.

GP should be reset, but I think only if changes are made to the GP system. If not you will find people who will have 5 star the first day of reset because they will just stack tickets for arena / harmony. I think it should be reset every 6 months after an initial reset so new players and such all can be on a fresh starting point. Just make it be known "pinned" that this will be done, have announcement for when players log in game and such as well. So there is no "I didn't know BS" lol

10. reck123

reck123 New Member

All the more reason GP should not be rewarded in arena. People will use an abuse the system to their advantage. It's near impossible for the players to find people GP feeding with proof. I've queue into Discipline, and 6/10 matches. People decline the match and I end up with half the GP. I am losing potential GP going legit while people who gets 20k a day continue to rise the ranks.

Active Ely/Asmos or not people who abuse the system need to be held accountable and should not hold the title.

katykat likes this.
  11. aVeryFatGuy

aVeryFatGuy Proficient

I've been in servers where having inactive transforms literally killed a server with a consistent population of over 200 and no, I am not exaggerating. There's no longer evidence other than the fact that the server GameCoast Aion is now dead. Ask anyone who has played it and they will tell you having less or no transforms active on your side and going up against a faction that had active commanders and governors was a very poor experience. This puts the entire faction at the mercy of one or two people who were either there early or are getting away with GP trading.

Arenas are a big part of the game, people very much enjoy it. It's PvP focused content. Enchantment stones are a good benefit and incentive for doing them as they progress both PvP and PvE. There is no penalty in this incentive and it is actually something worth going in there for. GP IS an issue in that it brings absolutely nothing to arenas other than governor gear which is at the extreme end of the spectrum, which is why getting rid of that reward will have minimal effects on people wanting to do it and they can still enjoy it knowing they are getting some PvP/PvE progression out of it. This also brings more enchantment stones to the economy as well. As far as I know, only value boost currently affects GP gains in arena; I'm not sure if the 10x rate is even affecting it. If sieging is the only way to gain GP, then that fixes many of the current issues regarding this system.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  12. Gon1337

Gon1337 New Member

i'm all for it (governor btw) I don't play much and those rewards looked juicy i'm down for reset!

13. Huf

Huf à la folie

Gonsito

14. Gon1337

Gon1337 New Member

acito owo

15. Pox

Pox New Member

I won't like my rank getting ripped off, and it would definitely be a good excuse to quit as I don't enjoy the stupid ceramium medal, abyss point, GP rat race, so if a GP reset needs to happen go ahead.

I've been trying to visit sieges lately but its awful because the difference on gear, composites and numbers is too toxic at this moment, try to fight a full MR cleric without a full secondary MA/MB gear which is unobtainable on elyos right now, good luck.

But me personally got away with that rank just winning all or most of my arenas because the ratios are just that retarded, most of my playtime is just doing PvP on Open World and Arena, as I fucking despise all the PvE aspects after so many years of playing Aion so I'm mostly not doing to EB or PvE related stuff which indeed gatekeeps my future progress which makes me eventually weak and not optimal for holding this rank, I'm not even going to siege to get contribution at all which was the normal on all Aion servers, I'm just going Glory, Harmony & Discipline and getting lots of GP unintentionally because of it, but that ultimately and ironically push me forward to keep crushing people to maintain it, even if it does nothing more than giving me a busted XFORM that I have used once.

And for @reck123, if you see those asmos farming dogs on ID is either because they need AP for the custodian set which is honestly, not much with these AP ratios, or just to trade AP for GP *cough* Kinglord

And I did fought Mango like 2 or 3 times yesterday, and I turbo'ed 10k GP on one night, so yeah Glory is even more stupid, 3k GP on first place, 1.5k GP on second place.

16. Gravity

Gravity Wild Forum Legend

Waiting for the reset cuz I'm tired of our afklords who never help in siege :>

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  17. BetaMax

BetaMax Lord Emperor Forum Legend

can't relate. not even 65. :) I need help understanding this reset / siege thing. we never did that to the extent that it was important back in the days :)

scratch important ... "Relevant"

18. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

It wasn't relevant back in the days since Arbiter wasn't even rank restricted. But on this version, only 2 players in the server gets the chance to use them, and only above great general ranks are allowed to use Elite Shepherd gears (no augment). Elite Shepherd is somehow close to Eclipse/Resplendent gears in terms of overall stats.

BetaMax likes this.
  19. Player1996

Player1996 Getting there

reset every fort too that would be interesting as of now ely can break the gate and half hp boss unlike in first month of release e cant even break a gate

20. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

That would be unfair to the race who did their best and conquered some fortresses and have fortress resets just to give an advantage/chance to the opposite. Imo, it's a no.