1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Server issues.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by ninjit, Jul 15, 2022.

1. ninjit

ninjit New Member

Ok lets go straight to the point, server do have issues, and they need to be adressed.

First of: Cheating, Kolka get a team if you cannot monitor your game, but right now, their is more and more freaking cheater in the server, killing it slowly.

Second: Removing the Spawn protection in RBF: Dumb idea, now the ''opposing team can just sit in the spawn and spawn kill over and over, make the protection go toward MID map, and remove if reach past that. Otherwise you gonna kill the ''little PVP left.''

Third: Make better reward for RBF, NW, GW, right now people just don't give a damn about it anymore, in the past month no NW happenned. RBF should always be double reward and weekend should go to 3x or 4x, we're on a Private server, you can boost stuff up.

You need to attracted people here, or merge servers back, population right now is on a decline, yes it's summer, but it was going down way before that, and for the EU saying: O no bad ping on NA server, well, NA server is still filled with people from China, Russia etc, and NA server is farther and they do just fine.
    Create events, with a team of GM you could actualy, have ingame events happening randomly, and people would love em, espically for rewards.
    I was someone paying for Premium + dropping cash into server to maintain it, but for the past month I just canceled everything as the server does nothing to improve, and just want more money for nothing, that's not how it should work. You'll earn more money, if stuff happen into the server, if population is there etc.

2. TonyZhang

TonyZhang Getting there

Hey, yes i do agree some points here, but i think kolka already replied the issue of merging servers, it is not that easy but it just a discussion so i vote [YES]

3. cblue3

cblue3 New Member

You make some decent points but I don't think cheating is as common as you make it out to be. I have encountered maybe two or three overt speed/cooldown hackers in my thousands of hours in this game. Do people get away with using bots or RMTing? Probably. However I have found that actual "hacking" is quite uncommon.

As for the reduced RBF spawn protection, I think that was a great change actually and it was something I had personally been hoping for. It was a bit silly that a Musa could grab spawn protection and then make it all the way to the other side of the map with 4 or 5 seconds of invulnerability remaining. It made RBF really unfun and promoted brain dead gameplay. Yes, this change can lead to more one-sided matches but overall I think it's an improvement and I'm personally having more fun in RBF now.

Also, I don't think merging servers would be the right decision. Even if it was easy to do, you are going to see way more people complaining about ping if that is done. I mean, at least half the server would have a 100+ ping difference from the other half. It would be really bad. As you said, what we really need is more frequent content updates on a semi-regular schedule to keep players interested in the game. Many players like myself have fully maxed characters and struggle to keep logging in when there is nothing new to do. Also, increasing RBF, node war, and especially siege rewards would be a great way of keeping players interested.

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Easly dealt with, using the Windows in-built Video Recorder (Win key + G), and it lets you record the last 30 seconds if you weren't recording before, so you won't miss being able to Report players, for cheating. It is Really up to the gamers of the community, to keep it from being a cheat's playground. So report players, BUT you HAVE TO PROVIDE PROPER PROOF! No editing screenshots, or video (perhaps time reduction where you speed up the video playback), so that the GamezBD staff can Easily see that it is indeed from GamezBD, and who the player/players is/are.
    As was said before, by @cblue3, it is Much better now, with the modification, and it is unfortunately not up to the Staff of GamezBD (I am Not a part of the staff), to "fix" PvP, since it is Very much By players - For players.
    Once again, PvP is an issue, only because players let it become an issue. Do you expect the GamezBD Staff to create bots, or to get a team together, that will play EVERYday on the various PvP aspects of the game, just so that some players won't complain anymore?

I think you are forgetting several reasons for why PvP isn't where it used to be;
    1. Summertime, you know that thing that other people do? They actually Live their lives, and go outside, and go on vacations, and go out with friends, loved ones, and family. They are ALL not playing a computer game, because actually living life, is possibly the only thing you actually get in life.
    2. Some players have real-lives to live other than playing a computer game, so they aren't actively online 24/7. Some players sleep at odd hours, some work at odd hours. Some have to take care of their children, or their relationships, or pets. Some just don't feel like gaming sometimes.
    3. This game has been on the market for several years now, and the "hype" has died down. There isn't a massive influx of new players, simply because there are new games coming out every day. This means that although Pearl Abyss still has some new content released every 1-3 months or so, they are also struggling with how to keep players paying, oh sorry I meant paying, no that's playing. But yeah, also Paying all the time.

Making GamezBD a "more attractive" place for "new players", the ones who are constantly "server surfing", because they are usually the ones who are "new players". Also means that a lot of the game, which Everyone else had to go through, becomes even easier as well as much less appealing. Once again, creating a paradox where the original game creators, went out of their way to create a game, where the players had to spend months playing the game, in order to get to the end-game, and while GamezBD tried their best to offer an alternative, they really did kinda screw it up for the gamers as well.

If only we could get the changes at least tested, the ones I proposed, where players don't have a Massive combat leveling (character level) bonus to start out with. Only giving players a leveling bonus, after a certain level has been reached, say 50 and 56 and 60, and so on. Then much of the game world wouldn't feel completely useless anymore, because the characters would still receive a decent amount of experience, both skill and leveling. I mean the Entire premise of the core game, is to make the game last seemingly forever.

I understand why players, don't want to Have to play the core game, for how it was created, but as GamezBD says many times over and over again; "They are trying to create a BDO Retail-server experience, with a lot of added bonuses and Quility of Life impruvements (how it sounds)", of course paraphrased. So they Have to balance the great impruvements (again not how it is spelled but how it sounds) to the game, with the core concept of Retail-BDO. This also means that a Lot of the suggestions made, by the players in the Suggestion section of this Forum, are simply too unbalancing to the core-mechanics, leaving the game to "spin out of control", in comparison to the Retail-experience.

This means MANY hours of work and tweaking and testing, and GamezBD doesn't have a massive amount of developers, coders, graphic-workers at their disposal. Not an easy thing to do.

"...struggling to login when there's nothing New to do..."? Hmmm, so unless a game is Constantly updated and has new content added, do you just stop playing them?

5. hafu12

hafu12 Getting there

Just give us veteran players a reason to play man.
    only activity left now is rbf on weekends but even that is really boring as its full of new players farming crons etc.
    Sieges and NW's on eu are dead for months now and new content patches are taking longer and longer everytime.
    lets hope the other pserver will die off and PVP players will come back here:mad:

6. loboram

So...let me get this straight...You are Complaining that there are New players, entering the PvP-arena Red Battlefield, but also that there is No new players, joining the end-game PvP?

If there are new players entering the PvP aspects of the game, then why on Earth are you complaining again? Don't you Want there to be More PvP?

7. hafu12

hafu12 Getting there

? whose complaining about new players. For many Veteran gamezbd PVP players there is 0 fun going rbf farming gearlets but at the same time what other option does gamezbd offer us?
    We have olympiad but lets be honest its always empty outside fridays.
    Me and my guildmates wanna find a solution instead of complaining but only answer we get from kolka is that ,MORE REWARDS SERVER DIE MORE FASTER.
    Kolka is not wrong but EU server population is devestating atm and it was same before Summer holidays.

Some positives would be fixing khan that its killable again as it always was good spot for GVG ganks
    Reworking Olympiad for some more interesting rewards
    Adjusting Supply of Draughts,Perfumes and Whale potions as every lifeskiller of gamezbd EU has left. For example adding it to olympiad rewards.
    Capped sieges are broken for ages and its been reported several times with proof and etc but as always no changes.
    Nw's Are irrelevent in gamezbd as its way too many nodes for such small population server.
    Adding double rewards for rbf outside the weekends

there is plenty of ideas that could get this server going again but instead they choose to ignore any suggestions they get proposed with no alternatives.

8. loboram

"why are so many players wrong about this. In any other mmo gearlet means someone who needs the best gear or better then others or they are useless as have no skill not they have less gear or weaker gear. To prove this the word let is used like i will let u have this and we all know what gear means so both together would mean there gear would let them do that aka gearlet" (https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/i7ifa9/what_does_gearlet_mean/)

In other words, it is just a word that was made up, by some mainstreamer BDO players (ONLY used in BDO mainstream), and it means whatever YOU or anyone else for that matter, WANTS it to mean. Basically it is a garbage word, because mainstream is garbage.

Nothing personal, if you want to indentify with the biggest loosers, who are just mindless followers sheeople, then go right ahead. Nobody is going to stop you, but remember not to take it personally, if someone else hates mainstream ideology.

Yeah okay, I understand that you get, what the Developers says would happen, if the GamezBD management, just gave into ALL the players demands, and complaints: GamezBD would spike for about a month, maybe 5000-7000 players, but after that first month, where everyone has gotten all the items, and all the silver, and all the pearls, then there's nothing to do...just sit around and play the SAME battles over and over again, or wait for the siege battles. It would be redundantly idiotic, and the game itself would have Zero meaning at all, since the dumbarsed mainstreamers keep making up their own rules, and ways to play games, instead of playing the games the way they are designed.

BUT this is where you are lying: "EU server population is devestating atm and it was same before Summer holidays". I don't know where you've been playing, but I've been on GamezBD for Years now. With a few exceptions, I've checked in at least once a week and in doing so, I've checked the Telegram channel for player population. Several years on EU, and EVERY summer, it is the same. Sure there has been a downwards curve lately, but you should know why that is: The game simply isn't as popular anymore. The hype surrounding the BDO game, and various Pserver-projects, has finally started to die down, which means it isn't one of the first things, gamers are talking to each other about anymore.

Yeah, but this statement might be true for You, and you alone, since you cannot possibly know, what other people are feeling. Much worse is the general feeling, that MANY players do abuse of this Arena, with very high "gearscore" they just Bought, so that they could go into the Red Battlefield, and feel invincible. Which means that you might be the only one, who isn't "enjoying" beating up players, who would otherwise have gotten to know about PvP, and in the end increased the overall amount of PvP-players. But since there isn't a gear limitation, or just standard gear for the ONE place, that you should be able to learn about PvP, players just quit going there.

Hmmm, so in your opinion, it is Entirely up to GamezBD, not Pearl Abyss the creators of the game, to fix whatever You think is wrong with the game?
    Not because the backwards mainstreamers have ruined the game, due to their ideology, where they literally say: "Don't do anything in-game, but get silver from grinding endless hours, buy everything you need, and only play PvP."

Also, on a little side-note: GamezBD is one of the few (I really have no idea because I've been loyal to GamezBD) Pservers, that offer everything that the players here get to have for free, as well as an International Server access.

Well, who's fault is that? Is it because the Olympiad isn't working? Is it possibly because there are a LOT of players, who are all talk but cannot fight on their own?

I think (because I havn't done it yet) that it has to do with the fact, that many PvP players, only work as a crowd, where they can swarm enemies, giving them the protection of the crowd, instead of learning how to be a good PvP player. Now this may be completely wrong, but then how do you explain, that the one instance that is open everyday, which is specifically for the PvP players, to be able to learn how to get even better, and to challenge each other; is always empty?

You just said yourself, that just giving more rewards and stuff; isn't the answer.

Since when has Khan been bugged? Please show the first Bug Report, with a link to it, and the last Bug Report.

Why should the GamezBD management Want to give into the ideals of mainstreamers, who just seem far too lazy to actually play the entire game?
    The mainstreamers should really just stop complaining, and start playing the game for all it has to offer instead. Life-skills included.

"Capped Sieges", I am guessing it has something to do with the amount of players, able to take part in it, or has it to do with a gear limitation?
    Also, again I would like you to link, the first Bug Report, and the last one.

Node Wars isn't something that GamezBD has to "fix", since there isn't anything wrong with how it works. It is once again just because of the dumbarsed mainstream ideology, that some players are unable to do what they want to in-game, and just blindly follow what someone tells them to do. Like for instance the "Node Sniping", which is a terrible mainstream slang once again, meaning that one player alone, can place a fort, in an area that hasn't been active for a while, and because the mainstream players don't want to do PvP, as it was intended on Black Desert Online, they just leave the nodes be. This results in many nodes being "traded" among guilds, even abusively exploiting this, by talking to each other about it in the chat, and this is how some guilds have managed to gather trillions in silver, without Ever having to actually do PvP, in the Node Wars.

BUT once again, this has NOTHING to do with how GamezBD is managing the game, and EVERYTHING to do with how players play, or more accurately Don't play, the game. You see it is once again up to the PvP-community, to get together, and talk things out. Make a thread here on the GamezBD Forum, where ALL the GamezBD PvP players can have a say in it, and Finally realize, that the ONLY reason you aren't PvP'ing, is because you don't really want to.

Mainstreamers ONLY want to feel superior, and be able to defeat their opposing players, with as much ease as they can beat Monsters in the game world. As soon as it is difficult, they run, or stop, or rescue/teleport away. That is why I think as I do. It has nothing to do with GamezBD, and everything to do with how mainstream PvP-players want to play.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  9. hafu12

hafu12 Getting there

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2023
  10. loboram

That's a terrible thing to say.

I really don't know what you are on about, but it is absolutely clear to me, that you haven't read my reply, and that you are just complaining your head off.

First up; You don't know what's actually going on in the world, since you aren't omniscient, which means that everytime you say things like; "rest of people", you don't really know what you are talking about. While I frequently say things like; Think, Guess, my Opinion, I might be wrong, I don't really know...and so on.

Secondly, if you Know for a fact, that there are Bug Reports, then why haven't you linked them already?

Thirdly, how many times do people have to repeat themselves; PvP functions ONLY, when players actually Want to PvP.

Got nothing to do with management.

Also this is the wrong thread title to discuss this in, but it is certainly the right subsection of the GamezBD Forum to do so in; Discussions :p

11. hafu12

hafu12 Getting there

sure move on.
    i contribute to the topic and only thing i read from you is how everyone else is at fault,mainstream and mindless. Stop making it personal and people will also reply with respect.
    we are allowed to criticize gamezbd if we feel like its heading in wrong direction as you are allowed to protect it. but do not take every sentence and analyze as if you knew everything.
    i only stated what we think but it as seems you are the one not reading it but assuming.
    And i will not link any discord chat or bug reports , there is people who know what i reported and helped kolka and his team to fix.
    back to the topic.

12. loboram

Once again you are assuming that you know things, that you couldn't possibly know. Who is this "we"?

Why can't you post the links for the Bug Reports?

Why do you assume that all I do is protect GamezBD, and not criticise it as well?

At NO point have I said, that it is "everyone elses fault", nor have I said that "everyone else is mainstream and mindless". That's just your lies, and much worse, what you Interpret, from what you are reading, instead of just taking it as it is written. Especially since you cannot "hear a tone of voice", in written language.

Also the title of this thread is SO vague, that it cannot be said, that we are offtopic yet :D

Once again, I am merely taking up the Discussion; Server Issues. Yeah of course there are Several Server Issues, but since the thread is poorly titled, it could mean pretty much anything.

I made a new Thread, titled [PvP] GamezBD, so not much wriggleroom there, and it is indeed about making PvP better, for everyone on GamezBD.
    How about, if you REALLY want to make PvP better on GamezBD, you go there, and make your opinions heard?

13. Chunn

Chunn New Member

Kolka waited too much already to take action, I came back this weekend and the server is literally in the worst state I've ever seen it, and I played gameZ for 4years. Feels like every player left are either cheating or using glitches to have advantages in pvp, the result being there isnt a single active pvp mechanic nowadays, rbf is dead, olympiad is dead (played by the same cheating retards every friday), siege is dead, nw is dead. For veterans or any player that started or starts playing gameZ to play pvp, the game is already dead, unless you join the "community" and pay like 100$ a month for a cheat to play at best once a weekend against other cheaters.

carlo001 likes this.