1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solved - Issues with game folder pathing

Discussion in 'Problems' started by lexlizard, Jul 21, 2023.

1. lexlizard

lexlizard New Member

Hi guys, im having an issue with pathing of the game files, when i try to set a game folder(with or without the pre-downloaded torrent files) i get the error "Please select valid directory!". I searched through the forums and found a couple of threads reporting the same issue, and the both of them were solved by inputing a specific game path... Well, i've tried more than 20 different pathings so far including the ones referenced in the threads and all of them were rejected by the launcher.
    I'm a returning player and used the exact same installation method the first time and had no issues whatsoever... Thanks for your help in advance.

Attached Files:

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Welcome back.

I would like to point you towards the "Fixing most errors" thread below in my signature. Hopefully you will find a solution there. It is just that making the path in the system drive "C:", has some issues. So the best thing you can do for your system, is to create a secondary partition for games and such "D:".

I don't really know how things aren't working for you now, since it should be pretty straight forwards, and you have done this before. I would suggest that you just download the torrent file version, and keep that in the downloads folder "D:\downloads", then creating a folder called D:\games\GamezBD where you copy the downloaded files. If you already have the files, then you can just copy those, no need to keep downloading since the probability of a download being corrupted nowadays, are quite small.

Please come back whether you find a solution or not, and tell us what happened.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    lexlizard likes this.
  3. lexlizard

lexlizard New Member

I realized that the problem was that for some goddamn reason the launcher did not save the set location, so i created a new partition as instructed and it saved normally, thanks for your help my friend.

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

You are most welcome, and also I just noticed; welcome to the GameZ-network forum ;)