1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Solved please delete

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, May 5, 2021.

?

Should the choice of Chat Language Channels Matter?

1. No, because that is the way it has always been

45.0%
  2. Yes, because now there is a definite choice to make regarding language and channel

55.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

There is a NEW FEATURE in BDO: Chat Group
    (MainMenu-Community-Chat Group)
    In there you can select, which Server Chat Language Channel to be a part of.

The Real Reason I am making this appeal, is because it shouldn't be too much to ask for, that the GamezBD community respects the Game's own system for choosing Server Chat Channels. On top of that, it shouldn't be that difficult to understand that, when you are on an English Chat Channel, you fully expect everyone there to actually understand English, because it is an English chat channel, right?

There have been a lot of problems, when it comes to communication between players, when using the server chat channel on GamezBD.

Some players find it very confusing, frustrating and irritating, that there seems to be no rhyme or reason, for the Chat Language Channel choices at all.
    Some players like things just the way they are; "because if it isn't broken, then why try to fix it?".

I am making this thread because I find it very problematic, that with every new implementation the game has to offer, such as the Party Finder, and the Roleplaying Chat Channel, to mention just a couple, the GamezBD community finds a way to completely destroy it or make it useless.
    Now it is time once again, to figure out what the Community, or at least the ones who are using the forum, really want.

Do you want things to stay the same? Never to change or become better? Then vote NO.

Do you want the Chat Language Channels to actually matter? No more jumbles of different languages that you cannot understand, and that cannot understand you either? Then vote YES.

PLEASE think about it for a moment: What is it you are REALLY voting NO for?
    That you do not want to have a server chat channel, for your language community?
    That it is difficult to change server chat channels, with the click of a mouse button?
    That you really do not mind, that in a MMORPG with hundreds of players, people cannot communicate with each other, simply because of a language choice?

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  2. xMovingTarget

xMovingTarget MadKing

https://prnt.sc/12j9asx
    ^ Just so people know what you are talking about. Most people think this channel is the "party chat" :D

People just dont use them. Or rather everyone goes into the english chat. Since the game puts you in english by default. What I would propose is to have people autojoin the chat group by their choice of client language. If client is russian, autojoin russian chat group and so on.

loboram and nikostimi like this.
  3. loboram

@xMovingTarget Thanks for clarifying, yeah it isn't something that has been made available as common sense yet, like so many other features have. Also I completely agree with you, that changing the default settings would certainly be a LOT better, because you can ALways join which ever channel you wish to, at any time. So lets make that into a proposal as well.

The new feature I am referring to is; BDO-MainMenu-Community-Chat Group
    In there you are now able to choose which Server Chat Channel to be a part of, and to be completely obvious, it really shouldn't be alright for players, to use the "global" English Server Chat Channel, for any other languages, Because now there are literally many channel options, for countries whose culture's still refuse to be a part of the global communication.

Yeah sorry about that...that was a low blow...didn't mean to be an arse, or demean your country's culture, but it stands to reason, that intelligent people would Really Want to be able to communicate with everyone else on this planet.

Especially now that the whole thing is becoming a globalized community anyway, I mean the internet is certainly making great strides in that direction, so why on Earth would you personally let your family's or peer's or government's views of the "western" society, stand in Your way to be able to communicate across the globe? Remember that it is Just a language, which has no allegiance nor ideology, and to compare a language to a culture or society is crazy.

So sorry...there I go again...trying to make a point "in English" of all things, as if anyone who doesn't understand it, would suddenly be able to AND just because of this message, magically change their minds...I know it is utter bullox, and I am truly sorry if you feel terribly offended. However it isn't that terribly wrong either, if you think about it.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  4. loboram

This thread is no longer valid...Admin. please delete it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.