1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Some kind of Monster damage multiplier?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by VorrtaX, Jul 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VorrtaX

VorrtaX New Member

Hello, this is a direct question aimed towards the devs of GamezBD. Lately, I've been told that there seems to be a difference from Korean BDO to western BDO in how much damage players deal to monsters. This is supposed to be some kind of multiplicator. Furthermore, they told me that Gamezbd seems to be using the Korean "monster damage multiplier" (let's just call it that), which results in lower overall damage output to mobs, here on GamezBD, in comparison to NA and EUW Retail servers. This has apparently nothing to do with the aggro cap of 10 by the way, in case you were gonna answer that "it might feel harder to kill mobs because you pull more than 10".

Now to get to the point. I would greatly appreciate some developer input on that topic. First, I'd like to know if you're aware of something like this.
    If the answer is yes,(You are aware) please kindly tell me why you decided to implement it and give the player base a choice poll for you to adjust it to EU/NA values.
    If the answer is no(You're not aware), I'd appreciate it if you checked out the code, and somehow provided prove of the "multiplicator" NOT existing.

That is all, thank you very much.

2. VorrtaX

VorrtaX New Member

Can I expect some kind of response here anytime soon, or will I have to personally ask Kolka on Discord?

3. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

This question has been asked quite a few times now and I don't think you're going to get a different answer. But feel free to contact him anytime. I would recommend Telegram.

4. VorrtaX

VorrtaX New Member

Okay I will, thank you for at least answering at all on here.

5. paleto12345

paleto12345 New Member

A small answer, maybe not close to what you want but there is an ap cap system.

So if your like 200ap and you try grinding at mansha forest, you won't be one shoting them with your 200ap, maybe you can 1 shot them with like 95ap. Or another better example would be having 300ap and grinding at basilisk. Your probably hitting them with 150ap, which isn't going to 1 shot them. It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure this system is here to stay and from last I asked kolka. There may be other system like this added to prevent easy grinding

I think the ap cap is based on zones, which idk much

6. VorrtaX

VorrtaX New Member

Yes I am aware of AP-capped zones, however, the issue I was mentioning seems to be unrelated to the AP cap.

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

This seems to be a bit more difficult than a straight answer will grant you...Just to remind you, there is also a RNG when it comes to Hit and Damage formulas. You "roll to" hit and damage in this game, so while it seems to be pretty consistent, when you can easily dispatch enemies or not, there is a margin of error still.

Now to disclose the formulas to a player, doesn't seem like a good idea in general, because it might lead to more "GamezBD-clones", which most -if not all- other Private Servers already have employed, simply because this project was the basis for pretty much all others out there.

Now I get that you -as I would too- want more information, about what exactly happens "behind the curtain", but I believe that it is in line with what Pearl Abyss also did; to obscure the details of the game-workings for the players.

Much of the game's system, such as the "hidden" stats and bonuses, does point to a somewhat complex system, that can be manipulated with little awareness of the players. I too long for the math behind it all, but as it is clear from the makers of the game, it is a "mystery" and is likely to remain so.

Now I know that I am not speaking for anyone at all, only giving you my personal oponion on the topic, which isn't helpful at all, but all in all this is a game worth playing, and for it to be somewhat mysterious, only leads to less game abuse.

I mean if players were to be included in the exact system that the game is using, there would surely be some players that would soon enough, figure out some way to abuse the system and make some sort of "meta-gaming" (mainstream) way to dealing with everything, in the easiest and quickest way possible. Which would pretty much ruin the game, as ALL mainstream players would then start doing that, and Only that, making the rest of the game obsolete.

What do you think?

8. YEPclock

YEPclock New Member

I think you should actually Focus on your base knowledge of bdo combat.
    Did you know that there is not only aggrolimit, but your skills do have target limit too?
    Did you know some skills do split damage?
    Here is just few points for starters, yes, mobs do same amount of damage here than they do in retail. Yes you do pull too much.

9. VorrtaX

VorrtaX New Member

I agree with what you said in the beginning. This whole system has to do with the fact that 99% of BDO mechanics are based on RNG, which is a horrible business model that only works due to the addicting gameplay loop and, most prominently, the combat system. And I know that you love to say that there is no exact way how you're supposed to play a game and that there's no best way to go about it, and you HATE Metagaming with all your heart. That's fine by me. However, I don't think "Metagaming" can be entirely avoided. It is simply advantageous to the players' experience to have a certain amount of AP and accuracy to deal damage to enemy players to a satisfying amount. If killing other players is the main goal for a person to enjoy the game, the person will do what is necessary to achieve satisfaction, which is, as mentioned above, getting more AP and accuracy. In a sense, this would be considered Meta-Gaming. If my goal was to press my R button until either the keyboard or my finger break, sure, then that would be my personal gameplay loop. The meta gaming in this scenario would be to shorten the number of times I would need to press the R button, which could come from picking a certain gathering, let's say gathering herbs, as it gives the most XP.
    This whole ordeal is called "optimization of time and effort", In other words, Meta-Gaming. It obviously depends on the players' wishes, or intentions with the game. In the end, people will always be looking for the most efficient way to handle these tasks. Meta Gaming is deeply ingrained into a human's mindset of "efficiency". Not sure what else I can say here, I think you get the point.

10. VorrtaX

VorrtaX New Member

I know how that system works. How stupid do you all think I am? Furthermore, I never said this was my observation. I simply said, people have told me about it vehemently, and I wanted official confirmation.

11. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Well, you already had the answer, but you were so demanding and rude that I didn't bother to correct you and point out as @YEPclock did (thank you btw).
    Anyways, as I said before this has been answered many times now, so I'll close this thread.
    PS: Yes, the difference you see is because the agro limit here is waaaay bigger than retail and on top of that skills has a limit of 10 targets. If you pull more mobs than that you'll probably hit different mobs at the same time and that will lead you to conclude that you don't give much damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.