1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Special deals is such garbage now - 25% is too low.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by BlubblerNuggets, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mawendir

mawendir New Member

I don't believe it's 40m for 2 hours, as I even get about 100m for gathering in an hour with 200 energy and I do get even more when I grind SD. I hate enchancing too and I hate greedy people who can't be satisfied with anything either. So, it should just be balanced, that's all. I don't think it will ever get closer to retail in any possible way. It was unequal that people can grind 200m or more in an hour, right? I don't really think anyone except these grinders would deny this. So, it should have been nerfed more back then. But, when I say nerf, I don't mean "kill" and I don't really think they'll kill it. Besides, lifeskill, solo and weak players are never gonna get even 1m in an hour since they can't/don't want to SD. So, yeah, it's sadly unequal.

2. Villain

Villain Proficient

I like this change too. I don't like silver appearing from thin air, I'd rather it be other players silver.

3. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

You are the definition of an edgelord.

4. Stormfist

Stormfist New Member

Thing is, sd were possibilities to grind with friends and still make money, it made people work together to get some good money. It was like super rewarding and exiting. But not anymore.

A good wild bdo with some savage pvp where you had to stay aware of what was coming in order to keep your spot.
    Now, back to some kind of retail trash bdo in the way that grinding together is pure crap, beter go solo.
    In the future, if it's going this way, it'll be even more timesinking than retail, if not more cause afk money making is quite limited here.

We still should keep in mind that 90% of the players who came to this server are here for a reason, be it less freetime to play or disgusted by the gap between hightgear and lowgear players (aka newcomers), most of us (me included) came here cause we had in mind a server who could give some equivalent experience to every players (meaning fully geared after 3/4 weeks for EVERY players, then have as much fun pvp as you want)

The only differences are free pearls, compensated with lags, lags and lags, disconections from server every 1/2 nights,and no trading.
    I do not forget that tet/pen are easier to get but seriously, what's the point if you cannot have fun friends grinding/pvping together?

The easiest way to see how it feels for newcomers & people who were attracted to this kind of system is seeing the decreasing number of players (3000 players at 01.00, it has been a long time, it was like 4.5k-5k 2 days ago).
    Saturday, the server was maybe more buggy during sd time, but it felt alive. Now it feels like super dead on 8/10 grindspot, the only players left are the ones who want to level up.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  5. Villain

Villain Proficient

I never liked SD at all, it's just pulling silver out of thin air... I'd rather it be other players silver but I understand it can be hard for some to obtain. Trading was 80% complete last I heard, hopefully, people will start investing in that.

6. Perplexity

Perplexity New Member

A nerf to SD was 100% needed. When you have players pulling 500m/hr at low AP grind spots something isn't functioning correctly. With that said, 25% does seem a bit too steep and all this is going to do is increase the entry barrier for new players. Solo grinding is awful/not really viable, some lifeskills can be profitable but won't be if the entire server has to resort to doing them to make money and trading doesn't work. 60-80m/hr doing SD isn't terrible but when you consider the fact that you can pull 40-80m/hr grinding on official as well, it becomes obvious how overdone this nerf was. Advertising the server as 10x rates while having lower/equal silver/hr rates when compared to official doesn't make much sense to me

Yoka likes this.
  7. sergio909

sergio909 Proficient

For all those who cry about SD too low/too high. Please stop whining. For many months this server was functioning without this feature and nobody was complaining and nobody has problem. Kolka gave you additional method of making money. If you dont like it just leave spots and keep training horses.

8. Tashka

Tashka New Member

Silver isn't everything; remember this game does NOT have a proper marketplace, many high-demand items have already reached their price caps while the inflation is only getting worse every day.
    We still have more discos/accessories and getting upgrading your gear is really 10x easier than it is on retail. I don't really see why people are so obsessed with silver.

9. Perplexity

Perplexity New Member

? This is a pretty stupid comment. Make a new account and play the game maintaining less than 1b silver liquid at all times and let me know how far you progress in terms of gear. Silver literally makes the economy/game function and once you start making silver/hr equal to retail via grinding, you insert that same psychological barrier of "welp, now I have to grind 8 hours a day to make decent money." If you wanted enough liquid silver to try bidding on TET accessories or preordering TET/PEN accessories and you only have time to grind 2 hours a day, you aren't going to play retail because the length of time it will take to get even one is enormous. Now you have that same problem here; the game is starting to feel more grindy and less conducive to people who can't/don't want to spend 6-10 hours a day grinding to make decent money. People play private servers to reach gear thresholds they couldn't reach on retail in shorter amounts of time; nerfing one of the only ways to get to that point by 75% is overdone no matter how you look at it.

As I said in my original comment that you conveniently decided to crop, however, SD definitely did need a nerf because 500m/hr at 140ap grind areas is simply too much. Hyperinflation isn't good for the economy by any stretch whatsoever. In my opinion, the best medium would be removing the price depreciation of items over time listed in SD (if possible) while reducing their sale value to 35-40% at resets. This way, you'll still be able to pull 120-150m/hr grinding SD and items sitting on the marketplace won't be priced 20x higher than they are in SD and will maybe allow for people to actually list items instead of filter them out via premium.

Cypresshigh and Fly like this.
  10. Nysek

Nysek New Member

Actively killing NPCs, using loot scrolls, and fighting over your spot is out of thin air?...

But AFK horse training on a wagon, having a worker empire gather resources and craft trade packs while you're AFK to later turn into an NPC isn't? Now yes crafting/selling gear, food, etc is a different story as players are buying your goods... but come on now.

Sorry but nobody wants to sit there lifeskilling to get passive silver gaining via worker empire or horses. They are effective but SD was literally the ONLY group content besides scrolls.

Edit : Ok not "nobody" but the fact of the matter is, we can agree it needed a nerf... but it was far too much.

If it was such a huge issue, they should have done it via trash loot sale prices, turn-in item rewards, and other such nonsense.

Now I can't even bring a new player here without coaching them to play "BDO : The Single Player Experience unless grouped for some ungodly reason besides PVP"

11. ramos117

ramos117 New Member

Well said Nysek, thank you.

12. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

I can't imagine one solid and unbiased reason someone would want SD nerfed or removed.

The only two i can think of

1) they've already benefited from it, so it means little to them if it's removed or
    2) they're too lazy to farm a group and grind, so they expect everyone else to do without.

The SD system literally benefits every single person. Even if you don't partake in it, it still has it's benefits in the form of very cheap accessories/gear or black stones. And no it definitely is not a perfect system, and solo grinding should be made more prevalent. But it's the best we've got, because a lot of key features are missing from Gamez / private servers in general.

13. Andy12345

Andy12345 New Member

Damn, I have been playing this game since EU server opened, online nearly everyday, My gear is mostly grunil +14 or 15.

I have been seeing the abbreviation SD in chat but never knew what it was.

Is a shame that I missed out as I am finding it very difficult to progress gearwise playing solo, I find the only items I can acquire that seem to sell are are Blood stones and Memory fragments.

I have realy been enjoying the quests and lore of this game but now all my quests are in the desert and I do about 100 dmg and get killed fast by mobs, im really feeling the burn of not being able to afford to gear up.

I have gone from feeling like a god in my +15 grunil, to felling like a bug getting swashed on some ones ass.

If anyone has any advice on how I can gear up please send me a PM
    Thanks's I'm new to this game.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  14. pa3ck

pa3ck New Member

SD prices might not be the problem, I think the problem here is that ppl with 520+ gs still go to Helms, abandoned iron mine, manes and low AP spots, so where should the low geared players go? As soon as they enter these areas, they are dead since it takes literally 5 minutes to get 1m karma back. I think they should just find a way to make high geared players go to other grind spots

15. Bogo

Bogo New Member

I personaly see no problem with the system, i always find another spot if mine is ocupied. And if not? grab all my guild fellas, declare, and make the other one leave.
    Bdo is mostly a PvP game, there are lots and lots of places and monster to kill. It is up to you to find them and make sure you can farm, does not matter how you do it.

16. pa3ck

pa3ck New Member

Tell that to a newbie with 80 AP and 100 DP

17. Bogo

Bogo New Member

Dont get me bad, we all started like that. But we slowly climb our way up, and get better gear eventualy.
    Thats why when you are new in the server and have low ap, get recruited in a active guild, they all help each other. And for a newbie that is a huge boost.
    Don't expect people to be kind to you in farming spots. What would you do if you have an AP of +180 and go to a farming spot and see a player strugling to kill? Leave that place to him? Yes? Noone will ever tell you that. This system is used also in retail. Low geared people need to get what they find, and take it like that until they gear up and can fight by themselves. Protect themselves. Farm by themselves.
    You can't be new and expect everything to be handed to you by a silver plate. I was in your shoes, like all the players on this server (excluding the RNG Carried normal Faggs). But i got in a active guild, they helped me on farming sd, told me spots i can use that are not contested all the time, and eventualy got myself up and i can fight off the players that try to make me leave my spot.

Inferion likes this.
  18. Villain

Villain Proficient

Killing NPCs gives you silver along with white loot that can be traded in for gold bars. More importantly, the relic scrolls which can give a lot of memory fragments if you save them and run them all at once. You can also melt the crazy amount of gear you get too and stockpile iron crystals etc...

As for horse training, you dedicate time into getting the correct skills and end up selling it to imperial horse trainers.
    As for cooking, you dedicate time into crafting each and every food and end up selling it.
    As for SD, you were practically guaranteed silver. It was getting a problem when SD becomes more profitable than horse training and life skills. Along with the guaranteed extreme profit, it's a silver faucet which dumps high amounts of silver into the game at a high rate, as opposed to horse training.

As for life skilling, I'm a bit confused in your argument. Those that invest in their character, the better their gear will be. Life skills is a way for players to invest even further. No one is forcing you to life skill all day, but if you want to progress and catch up it's can be an option for you. Plenty of people have never life skilled and they're in the high 590's.

As for the group point you mentioned, I see that being plausible. Outside node wars and grinding, there really isn't that much group content besides world bosses.

19. Nysek

Nysek New Member

Scrolls which were nerfed on live, yet not fixed here to further promote group play. And yes I know about processing, but neither of which compare to auto-pathing and AFKing for a few hours to come back to 500m or more.

How do I horse? : Setting horses up for imperial trading? Ya, if you're looking for a max payout vs a quick flip. Don't get me wrong, there's profit boosts here, but I promise you besides changing skills and RNG'ing for a quick profit they aren't sitting there actually min/max'ing horses every few levels (every skill learned).

Cooking : Like horses, you can set it and forget it (cooking/alchemy). The difference is, this/alchemy is actually more "active" as you can't just bail for a few hours and come back to profit. Your workers will gather what you need, anything else you AFK energy to hit up farms.

Horse training nets you roughly the same payout as a geared duo group, every 6ish hours, and SD can only be done twice a day... most of which unless are no-lifing are doing 200-600m runs. Mind you this also requires loot scrolls or disgusting amount of ACTIVE play to get "insane" payouts.

The fact is, everyone who actually knows the game life-skills unless someone is providing buffs/horses/etc to make it possible to simply PVP. And even then, most will still have a worker empire + farms + horses because it's passive income every single time.

I get where you're going with this, but the only "active" part of methods of silver you pointed out are "semi" active. Not hours and hours of actually paying attention, fighting for your spot, and using loot scrolls.

I think the best part of this entire post was you seriously recommended trash loot and turn-ins which have an even lower pay per hour than the current SD. Don't get me wrong, I did this on live and it obviously worked ontop of waiting for MP items to sell... but don't try to patronize anyone against this SD nerf.

SD doesn't "need" to come back, nor did it need to be a mechanic. I'd much rather have trash loot and turn-ins be beefed so no auto-buy mechanic is required (and obviously cause further stress to an already laggy server) or even repeatable quests which you could do with people in groups to simulate some kind of group play with decent payout.

I shouldn't have to bring a new player into a emulated server and coach them through the "solo" aspects of BDO to effectively make currency, especially for someone who is casually gaming. There "are" methods to make money, but none of which besides SD were actually effective in groups.

So TL;DR?

Give us something a group can do, stop ruining any form of actual "active" content, and don't make a system which auto-buys things yet not expect lag from it nor the high population spike to "abuse" it.

20. BannanV2

BannanV2 New Member

or just boost high-end-party-required-spots (hystria, gyfins, aakman, mirumok etc etc.) beacuse they're shit now.

if you want to party go play wow or something, BDO was always about solo-grind, kamasylva (we're not talking about super tanky sausans from the beggining of the BDO) added any worth-sd-parties that's all, all contet except kamasylva was designed to do solo grind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.