1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spirit Master Fear !!!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by bandi7killz, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Chloe

Chloe Expert

Before they do that, they will need to fix Spirit Stats, Fix Spirit Skills, Have Spirits take Magic Boost from the caster, fix servants. Spiritmaster class is the most underpowered class at the moment when it comes to dps. Fear is the only thing keeping it alive. What you are suggesting would be overkill for a class which is hanging on a thin thread.

I suggest they implement the run-away feature of fear. Geodata or not, it will be good for impatient people. They want it, lets give it to them. I wanna see people falling off the map rather than forum QQ about a single little CC that was put there for a reason. Crowd Control.

There are a few ways to counter fear at the moment. MR sets, Cleric's Ripple of Purification party dispel and Silence skills or godstones. What seems to be keeping people from partying clerics? Or creating MR sets? Or having that aether armored Templar in the party kill the annoying SM?

Instead you people come here in the hopes of nerfing a class that has one single thing going on for it at the moment. Compared to other classes, SM is the most broken class in relation to what it's supposed to be and what other classes are supposed to be.

Gladiator: Has all attack skills working. Has working knockdown and disabling skills.
    Sorcerer: Has all burst damage working. Has all CC spells working.
    Ranger: All burst attack skills working. Traps working. Stuns knockbacks working.
    Clerics: Has summons working. Heals working. Magic attacks working.
    Chanter: Has working buffs, attack and stun skills.
    Assassin: Working attack skills. Working stealth skills. Working stuns.
    Templar: Working tanking and attack skills.

Spiritmaster: Working caster magic spells. Caster CC spells working. Broken Spirits. Spirit skills broken/unusable. Servants broken.

You people don't realize how few magic attack spells SMs have. The burst-damage SM skills are from spirits. And those don't work with broken spirits.

Now who among the classes have most of their skills working here?

PS: I will imagine myself as a glady. I have all burst damage attacks working. I kick ass in raids. I faceroll everyone with AOE and hard hitting skills. Bamn! He dies, bamn! Other one dies. Then I meet this sm. I cleave chain to death, he bodyroots me. Bamn fear! I can't move! I can't do anything! This is unfair! I'm done! Let's go forum and nerf this shit! I don't care that I have all skills working, and they don't. I wanna pawn everyone. Nerf that shit!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

Still waiting ur solution for fear...

Someone that thinks before posting! Gz rallos.

oh and about "QQ go back to retail" is the simple answer for noobs that only QQ and dont help about a possible solution about fear...

3. Kisra

Kisra /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Forum Legend

Rallos already told u what should be done

1. Make you run away when feared.
    2. Allow for a fear immunity for a few seconds (Like stun breaking) to give chance to react before next fear.
    3. Shorten fear duration.

this solution but u will never like it caz if its get implemented u will never be OP any more

4. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

Im waiting UR answer, not Rallo's answer...

Btw, im not a sm ^^

and 1 its impossible :)

5. Chloe

Chloe Expert

What I said.

6. EagleN

EagleN Expert

the problem is "Fear loop" . with 3 fear skills, a SM can "paralize" the target for 30s. just make the fear effect disappear whenever u continue using another fear skill on a feared target (as u noticed now, the target turns back into human form when the SM makes a fear loop but the target still get fear effect). that makes SM's targets have a chance to react and SMs have to time there skill more carefully
    it's the way fear's supposed to be.
    and btw. SM's DPS isnt low at all. :)

7. Rdei

Rdei Proficient

Yes, almost none of the summons/servants/spirits working. The stone skin should make you immune to stun/knockback/stumble/aethers hold but it's being keeped bugged because of the qqers. The 90% of the server is glad and ranger the most OP classes and they are whining. Time to get some skills kids.

1 person likes this.
  8. ChocoboBam

ChocoboBam Banned

http://forums.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=46940

Blabla, fact all you play sm sucks. And they don't have the lowest dps of all. I considering a Templar on Gamez Aion with their nerfed atp and no high damage skill. And there is no such tank exist on first place.

9. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

SM are far from underpowered. Yes a lot of their PVE skills are broke, pets are buggy, but all it takes to win is 1 Paralyzing broke fear, dot dot dot, fear, dot dot dot. You can't do anything except wait to die or pray for a cure.

SM is far from weak, and many of their important PVP skills are working (Debuff, fear, dots, spirit sub, ect ect)

If you think SM is a weak class, with how broke fear is, you're playing it wrong lol.

1 person likes this.
  10. ChocoboBam

ChocoboBam Banned

Ha, if you let Carl run Left 4 Dead, you still seeing Hunter op with, claw hit does 20 dmg(Also doesn't break smoker grap). Saferoom aren't safe. 1on1 Hunter can kill you without effort(insta fear). They don't make sound too. Although none of you count because you aren't worthy to play comp level. xD

11. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

I had a really awesome L4D competition 4 man team back in the day. We never really got into L4D2, but it got to the point where we'd make pre-mades and set up matches with other teams rage quit out before round 3 lol. Good times.

12. Ladien

Ladien The Last Karate Baby

if you think FEAR in IMBA, think again. coz i guess it just serves right, when you put 2 tabahata TOME together and put Manastones (Magical Accuracy), it is really disgusting w/ fear. besides. i myself is a SpiritMaster. i cant really say its imba.

if you use mastarius set and full Magic resist. i think you wont get FEAR SHRIEKED, its in the items

<Tabahata Tome> has more Magical Accuracy than Masta or ABG.

:b

PS: If your in Siel and you encounter a character named "Mekantaur"

wahaha. run for your life. coz my fear will eat you. Except if you have a mastarius set.

Then i have to Run.

XD. Fear is never OP. You just have to get the right equipments.

13. Chloe

Chloe Expert

If fear is nerfed what is there left in the class? Spirit sub is nyerked because spirit stats are broken. Body root/Sigil of Silence is easily potted out. Those seeminly PVE spirit skills you talk about are actually important PVP skills a spiritmaster needs.

I don't think I ever mentioned that spiritmaster is a weak class right now. If it was I wouldn't be playing it. I chose to play it way back 1.5 when it didn't even have fear yet. It's a class i'm very comfortable with.

It is true fear atm is OP with the paralyze effect. But how do expect us to cast our DOT if fear is nyerked? Do you think DOT will ever compare to the DPS of instant cast skills of other classes?

Again I'm all for fixing the movement effect of fear. But other than that, what you people are asking is a boost to your own class.

2 people like this.
  14. Chokolaticoco

Chokolaticoco Expert

just use MR set

15. EagleN

EagleN Expert

u cant pass through 2.2k MR with ABG chain set. and when ur MR lower than their MA. there's no chance to resist (very very low chance)
    my chanter with 2k+ MR still cant resist even 1 single skill of a SM. good luck to other.

1 person likes this.
  16. wtfpwnd

wtfpwnd Getting there

u're kiddin right? Sin is the most nerfd class in this server.. completly useless over here!

17. Solaria

Solaria New Member

I thought they made it so you absolutely cannot resist fear?

18. Rallos

Rallos Getting there

I never said remove fear, but because of the paralyzing effect on this server, the duration should be cut down, at least in half. This allows to maintain the crowd control utility that makes SMs unique, SM would still be powerful, but sticking 1 fear on a person wouldn't be a /roflcopter I win effect.

And telling a tank to get more MR is a joke. With full eternal gear and jewelery i'm at a pathetic 1350. If I took away all my crit, atk and accuracy stones I could hit a maximum of about 1850 - 1900 Mres depending on how many stone slots my weapons have.

1850 bearly breaks even for an average person's Macc. Any SM that socketed a few Macc stones in good gear is gunna land 19/20 fears. I hardly see that as a viable solution to a problem that lies on the SM, not the other players.

Taking away fear is not an option because, you're right, Fear makes an SM what it is. In group pvp, a good group ( Like the one I have) just has a smart cleric hanging back, and cleric runs in and cures the group. The main issue is in the 1 v 1 single target fear durations situations. Where an SM can keep a person helpless for almost a minute straight.

Basically, at this point in time the only solution is to cut down on the fear duration. End of story.

Also, you say that some of your pet skills are "Important pvp skills". Well on a server where you have all stigmas that may be true, that they would help in pvp.

But we're converting to the retail-stigma tree system. 5 Adv and 6 regular stimgas. Show me a pvp video where the SM has pet skill tree socketed over his dot/debuff tree. I'd love to see that.

If you never played a server with retail-like stigma set up you can just say so and i'll excuse you for saying what you did.

19. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

here's a suggestion, which i want you to think about and flame/QQ/agree, and if its from the first two, you might pour some brain into me: MA cap. like or not? New topic's name from now on!

i think about 2000.

20. sanctuarist

sanctuarist Expert

its already 8-15 sec for fear shriek. how long more u wan to cut it down? 2 sec?