1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Spiritmaster combo

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Kador, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Kador

Kador New Member

I was wondering what is a nice skill combo for pvp for a spiritmaster? o.- especially 1 vs more than 1 :D

Dds likes this.
  2. Kirnick

Kirnick ❤℘℧ℛℇ J☯✓3❤ Forum Legend

You won't be able to survive a 2v1 or even more vs 1 at all. In a 2v1, you may be able to kill 1 if you fear them both and in case they are both "weak" you have a chance to kill them both. Mostly it depends on the classes you're going to fight with. There are so many cases, but sure thing, what's going to save you and give time is the fearshriek=nightmare which lasts a bith longer than daevanion fears. Pay attention on the class you're going to kill first and remember after that, you can't do that much due to CDs but have a slightly chance to win them both. Don't expect to survive more than 5 sec vs x2 good sins/rangers/gunner, if you're lucky fearing them both with fearshriek/nightmare then you'd better start running or TP.
    If you aim at specific cases, go ahead...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  3. Kador

Kador New Member

That's why I always go for my SW cuz I can heal .. my SM can't last a sec :D

4. Kirnick

As i said, it mostly depends on the classes you're fightin with. You can't survive that much vs plates, souts and technists with a cloth class. Not mentioning since 6.5, SW heals are nerfed.

Kador likes this.
  5. wulan

wulan New Member

it also depends in your hands :p

6. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Forum Legend

What the h3ll are you telling him lol. SMs got that bad? Last I checked that class was too OP for anyone to survive it 1v1 and ill check it again. I'll message you privately later on combos you can use which include precise and proper use of your spirit and defensive skills to bait your opponent. Also you can survive 2v1 just depends on your play style and what you have available at the time skill wise.

X.x

7. Kirnick

In 1v1 SM has a good chance to win any class if played properly...talking about 2v1, like i said it mostly depends on the classes you're going to fight. Now, SM is a nothing special class anymore, does pretty well in 1v1 but 2v1 will get harder and harder depending on the enemies...

8. Aza

Aza Proficient

send me also please thanks :)

9. mousekiller

mousekiller ̶̶G̶̶L̶̶A̶̶D̶̶I̶̶A̶̶̶̶T̶̶O̶̶R̶̶̻̻̻̻̻̻̻̲̲̲̲̲

Combo skills of sm, Fear + Fear and fear :D, i can't kill sm in 1v1.

10. Patola

Patola Proficient

Send pls :D;)

Lag and yesyes like this.
  11. Patola

Patola Proficient

nothing? but all of you FFA 1st the SM in pvp :p i still remember what you told me. that '' You played how many years but your combos too bad like newbies, wtf..'' dont be mad about how i played SM, or much better you play SM then show me how good you are;).
    #NO HATE JUST LOVE:);)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Luff likes this.
  12. Kirnick

Since the beginning of Aion, SM has always been the 1st targetted class, you should know that...pointless to complain.
    Yes, "a nothing special class" means is not an OP class as it was before (IMO and if you give a look at recensions about its changes since 6.0, you will see it's not just me who thinks that). Before 6.0, SM was "easier" to play with better skills' effects and less nerfs. If you didn't notice, in this patch, fears' duration against PCs have been reduced (that's why GOOD players are using "Nightmare Scream" fear which lasts a bit longer than the 2 daevanion ones); debuffs as Magic Implosion and Ignite Aether now remove just 2 buffs and not 3 as before, in compensation they added a debuff effect to Command: Elemental Rupture (certain people still prefere Command: Elemental Wave instead, due to the Aerial Thrust effect...for me, it depends on the class you're going to fight).
    Here it comes the next related topic about SM changes (which imo is very influential). I do remember we met in 1v1 at the beginning of the patch (vs my chanter and when there were NOT cast, attack, movement speed scrolls in webshop) and i told you something like "You still play as it was before 6.2 patch, your combo is like a starter player" (anyway, your interpretation is still correct) because you remained whole fight with the same transformation which was a casting one, if not sheba (correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm sure you used just one transformation). On this way, your attack speed (animations) was very slow therefore you wasted time debuffing and landing other istant cast skills as Inescapable Choke (in 6.2 it had no CD hence you could spam non stop without moving, while right now, you can cast it when moving and has 4sec CD) and Soul Torrent (or daevanions) in additional to the general animation system (influenced by attack speed). That's why you weren't able to kill a chanter even with full fear lock (all the 3 fears) that was using Cleansing Recovery Spell, Energy Discharge and Emergency Teleport (and obviously Superior Healing Potion) in order to fight without any altered state...you were so slow to give me time to remove all your altered states very easily (Cleansing Recovery Spell at that time lasted 10sec and not 7sec as now).
    A correct rotation would have been, switching transformation every-single-time you needed to, timing the skills which required cast speed and the one which required attack speed (example: most of SMs, you included, start the fight with debuffing chain combo = Ignite Aether -> Aegis Breaker -> Magic Implosion which are all instant skills=attack speed animation...logically, i'd rather use an attack-speed transformation as Kromede which gives you max attack speed, and then switch to cast once you've done). Your rotation (most common and used one) was: debuff -> erosion -> chain of earth -> root -> silence -> altered conditions skills (the one which reduce stats) and then fear...normally, after debuffing you should have switched to cast speed transform and landed all the cast speed skills (leaving soul torrent as last and not during fear while you were using cast transform) with all the dots without any interruption. With this rotation your enemy would have been already pretty dead, if not, stay sure any enemy would have used some buff (defensive or offensive to rehabilitate and countering you)...for that time, debuffs CD would have been expired and you could debuff again (obviously switch to attack transform) and decrease movement speed (chain of earth) again, and so on... This is the logic needed for a proper SM rotation since 6.0 (not mentioning that is much better if you use attack+cast speed title such as Prestigious Adept=Aion Executor and a 4% attack+cast speed candy). Claryfing, not minding about which transform you have, normally you're kinda forced to switch between attack/cast speed transformations during fights in order to lend a proper quick rotation as you have to, OBVIOUSLY if you're in a group and have a chanter/sw with DP (Word Of Wind / Roaring Judgement / Word of Quickness / Symphony of Desctruction) you could have enjoy "God Mode Like" with your life glory time. However, since the introduction of cast, attack and movement speed scrolls in webshop, you (as SM, but even all the rest of classes which require cast+attack speed) are even advantaged with attack+cast speed stats (same for your ememy because your attack+cast+movement speed reduction won't alter their speed that much...not minding the cap, the more attack&cast&movement speed % you have, the less will be the reduction if not completely ineffective).
    Mad? For what reason i should be mad, lol.
    Already happened before 6.2 update, we had fights in 1v1 and out...not even killed me once aside when you insta fear and locked, after that you were done and lost all the rest of fights...i do remember you even scrolled out while i was feared. And you were considered one of the "skilled" SM playing for a long time... Whatever.
    Anyway, as for now, i'm not going to move to any other class...not going to spend items/credits/time when PvP system is still broken, just to prove you something. Maybe i will, once things will be properly fixed...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Waspswizzler likes this.
  13. jefff

jefff Proficient

burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

14. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Forum Legend

All, said and done once the server updates and we can all take the stigma system more serious we shall see. Just just keep in mind that certain things are chance and if they do land or not is the game changer and that were not machines either and most times it's a miscalculation or mistake that causes teh opponent to get the upper hand.

Ps. From the dawn of time you went for SM first you're suiciding your group, because if the cleric as much as get BG that SM will be back up in no time. Healer first... Always.-facepalm-

Waspswizzler likes this.
  15. Kador

Kador New Member

apparently I created an apocalypse :D

16. Lag

Lag ♪ ємєяιтυѕ ♪

Yeah and spamming the cleric to dispel and heal. Wait, wtf. Are we not doing that ever since? Hmm.
    I doubt that.