1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion] Break Power

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Razor, Nov 8, 2011.

?

Likeh?

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    50.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

I've tested them and they work, I'll check Punishment of Darkness however.

2. Ryusuke

Ryusuke Proficient

check inquisitor's blow too please :) im sure it is dealing low damage, based on others skills

3. Teilak

Teilak Banned

Talking about me again i see... -prepares to rape you-

4. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

scor is 50-50 % go go go ~

1 person likes this.
  5. Lhuv

Lhuv Well-Known Member

TOO many templars in forum, we cant win the poLL ,

6. Revoultion

Revoultion Well-Known Member

im not a templar and i voted no...

7. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

It does high damage with Empyrean Fury and Divine Fury both up. Break Power's cool down is 16 seconds BUT Empyrean Fury's cool down is 1 minute 30 seconds while Divine Fury's cool down is 3 minutes. Scout? There's Focused Evasion. Gladiator? There's Lockdown. Sorcerer? There's Boon of Iron Clad :3

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  8. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

we are doooomed lhuv! the templar wave will drown us D:

9. EpicNinja

EpicNinja Banned

nuuuuuuuu!!!!! Bad idea q_q i hate you for dis suggestion! Its the only skill we haz that does damage

1 person likes this.
  10. Arentiga

Arentiga Proficient

At 3.0 they gonna change break powers formula, so until that theres not gonna be change. And lvls are risen up till 60 and new skills etc etc, i wonder how to qq starts then.

11. Shandix

Shandix Expert

lmaooooooooo i dont mean to dissssssssss the testers but again o_O u testing on a p-server which o.o wont be close to the retail if thats what u guys aiming for. :3 why not have sexy terror get some videos from retail. I love my glad more than my temp and yet o_O i dont see any problems fighting temps. Also all i see here is sorcs and some chanters complaining about temp bp. what now u go QQ cuz u cant beat a temp on 2 skills? pffft my lockdown always lands lol most temps here are block or full attk or parry thats why i dont have a problem using lockdown on them.

:O ill have to add that XD i fk up lol i just read again and yeah ablaze and terror did test on retail but anyways :p i ish sowwy but :3 would be best to post retail videos as proffs as always image or video or it didnt happen :3

12. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I find it rather hard to use focused evasion when i'm knocked down and shieldburst goes through it and also removes it.

Also i don't care about the cooldown on your buffs. My strongest buffs have 3-5 min cooldown and i still do shit damage.

13. Stark

Fought a ranger who managed to evade Break Power rather easy. If you find it hard then I guess templar class has nothing to do with it. If the class you're playing still don't have enough damage even with all buffs up then again, I guess templar class has nothing to do with it either. :c

There are various ways to stop, evade or lessen the damage taken from Break Power while on the other hand for example, templar has only Aether Armor (5 minutes cool down) to give a chance to resist high-damage dealing skills such as Glacial Shard or Inferno within 30 seconds, only a chance while Focused Evasion (30 seconds cool down) is a guaranteed evasion.

14. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I think you don't understand what i'm saying. When you are knock downed you can't use skill and if you use it before shieldburst it will still knock you down because shield burst can't miss. After that simpely weave your breakpower (the normal hit triggers focussed evasion) and then use breakpower easy as cake.

As you can see focussed evasion isn't a guaranteed evasion on shieldburst and it's a known fact that sin damage sucks, i don't think it's my fault i am hitting 3 - 30 damage on templars.

Edit: also why are you comparing aether armor with focused evasion, what kind of compare is that. Aether armor can in theory resist an infinite amount of magic for the duration while focused evasion only dodges 1 skill, furthermore why does everyone whine about glacial shard so much? If you lose to glacial shard on lumiel it means you are bad because they have no defensive skills and if you are playing on siel you should accept the fact that you are playing on a server where servers dominate because ncsoft didn't intend it to be all stigma server. Eitherway it doesn't concern me.

Also you are pointing fingers at me? I would love you see taking down a skilled full abg templar as assassin. You should know that i was wiping the entire server as sorcerer spiritmaster templar and gladiator. But i don't find it satisfying to play a dumb class, assassin is the only hard class to keep me entertained.

15. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

No.

I like people QQ :D

16. Stark

That is if the templar notice that his opponent used focused evasion and has time/chance to do a normal attack to trigger it's effect and hit a Break Power, not everyone is as good as that. And if the one playing templar is that good, then it's not a class issue, but a player issue.

Yes, it's not your fault regarding the assassin's damage but it's not templar's fault either so I don't see the point of including it up there.

This;
    "Also i don't care about the cooldown on your buffs. My strongest buffs have 3-5 min cooldown and i still do shit damage. "

For me, implies as if it's templar's fault that assassin's damage is screwed up.

I wasn't comparing Aether Armor and Focused Evasion at all, I was just trying to say each class has their own advantages and disadvantages in different situations.

I'm not QQ-ing or complaining or whining about Glacial Shard. It was a mere example...

Uhmm.. Boon of Iron Clad and Stone Skin aren't defensive skills? :x

It's not my intention to point finger at you but you quoted my post so I quoted yours as well. I don't see anything wrong doing so anyway.

A skilled full ABG templar? I think that won't be a class problem, because you said it yourself, "skilled" so it's the player's advantage for being skilled and having an end-game gear not the class.

And to end this reply, not everyone is choosing a class because of it's PvP advantages. Some choose a class because it looks good or it resembles something they're a fan of like me for example. I'm a big fan of knights so I choose to play Gladiator and Templar. I also love swords so I play Assassin as well. PvP isn't the only form of entertainment in this game, at least not for everyone.

17. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I was implying that an assassin might be able to beat someone new to templar, but can't win if they are equally skilled. But i will take my own advise and never argue with a player about his own class again, especially not templars.

(ps, boon of ironclad is a 10 min cooldown just like iron skin, you can decide for yourself which is better).

18. ShadeZ

ShadeZ being back [not]

Stone skin... Yeah absorbs 3k and the other 4k of my hp are getting owned in 4 seconds.
    Iron clad... you sir heard about 10 minutes cooldown?

edit:
    You can't QQ for sorcerers/clerics and especially assassins because templars can tank a whole alliance and then "omagad ima die > charge!" runs away... And additionally that op damage with 30 sec cd[because your retarded shieldburst has 30 seconds cooldown] Well...

How does a sorcerer deal with break power.
    1. Illusion [2 minutes cd]
    2. Iron Clad [10 min cd]

Well... Most of the fking templars have 89137123298 + ping and they can shieldburst> breakpower you from 25m away... so blind leap doesn't help.

Now how a sorcerer deals with templar:
    Templar: wtfsorc... aether armor... full buff
    Sorcerer: goddam he activated aether armor> m assist > supplication > vaizel > lava tsunami/tempest/eruption/etcetc inferno...

AWW YEEAAAHH MY INFERNO INFLICTED 5K CRIT OMGWTF.

YEEAAAHHH DIE MOFOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Templar: Empyrean Armor...
    Sorc: ('-') *ragequits*

1 person likes this.
  19. Daknin

Daknin Getting there

Obviously you've never tried to fight a templar before. Either that or you're a complete moron. Either way, it's hard to tell.

1 person likes this.
  20. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

Well there actually no mentions of it being a nerf. It only seems that way because no one enjoys the feeling of being break powered. It'd actually be illogical to do a nerf while every other classes has been heavily upgraded. It could just be a damage adjustment between the levels of break power, I-IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.