1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suggestion regarding login pearls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bdmoon, Dec 14, 2021.

1. bdmoon

bdmoon New Member

Hey there,
    im a new player on gamezbd and joined in recently. I think it's inconvenient having to run one's PC 24/7 in order to get the Login Pearls. Especially as a new player like me where pearls are much needed at the start of the game (pets,tent,maids,etc).
    I know this game by design does have afk/semi-afk elements to it and its fine. The player chooses how they want to progress.
    AFKing 24/7 for pearls on the other hand isn't an AFK activity and does not contribute to the gameplay/experience in any way shape or form.

I have two suggestions on the matter:

Suggestion #1:

condensing the pearl login rewards into one big daily reward or atleast split over 2 hours instead of 24.
    example: currently players get 80 pearls every 30mins = 3840 pearls per day or 100 for premium users and that equals to 4800 pearls per day.
    Solution #1 suggests giving the 3840/4800 for regular/premium players respectively as a once per day big reward at login or atleast split over 2 hours as in 960/1200 every 30mins capping at the current daily pearls cap 3840/4800 per day.

NOTICE! the amount of pearls given to players daily is NOT changed.

Suggestion #2:

Keeping the daily pearls login reward as it is while improving the gameplay and experience by adding active ways to get pearls so the player can choose the playstyle that fits their taste/needs. A daily cap can be implemented on the actively obtainable pearls for balancing.

NOTICE! amount of actively obtainable pearls have to be balanced in way where it gives the incentive for active gameplay without it being too excessive and that where a daily cap comes in play.

I rly hope the devs take my suggestions in consideration and i'm open for criticism, new ideas/other suggestions.

pls read @Kolka and thx for all efforts you're putting into this game.

loboram and MoeDelawn like this.
  2. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Suggestion 1 - I think u lack sense why we give you pearls and GamezBD staff position about it. Our goal not give you pearls. Our goal is reward players for play active game. And when u just afk in game for reward - its mean u just abuse admin's big heart. So you suggestion not solve any problem just only problem when abusers even not want run game to get full reward.

MoeDelawn likes this.
  3. bdmoon

bdmoon New Member

thx for your reply and im grateful to hear what u had in mind. i get that you want to encourage players to actively contribute to the game and its totally sensible.
    for that i get why my 1st suggestion might not be viable for that cause. However i've given a 2nd suggestion and i'd love to hear your opinion regarding the 2nd one (pearls being rewarded for active gameplay such as killing mobs, gathering, hunting and so on).

thx again and im waiting to hear back from you and others who would like to contribute to the matter.

4. MoeDelawn

MoeDelawn Getting there

I like the 2nd idea of implementing actively gaining pearls for actively playing, though my thoughts on the matter was to have passive pearls still but at half the rate, and have active pearls gained at a daily limit... but again just my idea to add onto this idea.

what ever happens i am greatful for the reward of pearls from kolka <3 keep up the great production of this game man :]

loboram and bdmoon like this.
  5. bdmoon

bdmoon New Member

@Kolka i would love to hear your thoughts on my 2nd suggestion pls

Keep up the good work thx :)

6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

In complete agreement here as well, however you all have to take into account, the limitations the Developers have, on adding custom content to the servers.

There might be some tricky work-around, in order for this idea to work, but it is difficult to manage (I imagine) from a programming standpoint. You would have to add some function, that is either a questing/reward system, which we know that they can do, or a special drop added to all Life-skill drops, or Monster drops, which would involve messing with the database; which is a Big no-no.

Creating the quests, or just one basic daily quest, will be fun in the beginning for players, however in the long run, once you're done being a "new player to the server", then the quest becomes obsolete, and the efforts put into making it in the first place, will have been lost.

As I said I really like the idea, and this has been suggested at least three times before now. But it is in How to make it a viable thing, that is the main problem.

7. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Suggestion 2: We have alreadt limit what is max we can give players, so to realise this idea we should divide all pearl incoming by afk and non afk ways. like give 2000 for afk per day and 2800 per active content. But alot players will not agree with it cuz they already saw 4800 per afk, and also some players do active every day but they do only pvp, others do only barter, others do only collecting or questing, others do only enchanting. Its too many ways need rework and add pearl in all of them. And also if we look in BDO screne history we will remember that some people already try it. Scamson Deadert pserver bdo - they had 2000 online on start, and they have this system, pearls from drop, colllecting etc. They died in 5 month totally. We prefer no risk and no change system which work longer then 22+ other pservers tried. Time we better spend on new content and rework current bugged systems to have it more perfect.

P.S. Simply your suggestion sounds just like : Hey Kolka give us more pearls then we will get endgame more faster than now, but now its uber fast to reach engame content. Was never so fast like nowadays. And yes if u ask why today on gamez less players than 2 year ago for example in same time. All this talks about bad drop or bad enchant - its bullshit. 2 year ago was harder drop and harder enchant and harder quests and harder fs obtaining and all game was harder and nobody cry. Today every day we get 20-30 new registrations, but we also have 22-34 players who stop play. And their main reason - too fast reach endgame content. I known alot people not like it. But we here on gamez we always say true and we explain to players how things work and why someting do or not do. You can look what i said in 2017/2018/2019 to players who cry about some imbalance etc, how they say they go other pserver or go retail and for all this time all what i said about future - was happened now we wait in that future. So such suggestion not solve any goals, and no sense even think about it. All who try do it - alreay dead.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    Ekman likes this.
  8. YooMin

YooMin @Wisdom.Entertainment

Everything with the Pearls is bad. Best is get pearls per afk or playing time. Kolka have true. Yes is it true beginning is everywhere difficult and I think should be difficult also end game. I playng on this private server 2 years. Yes is it true you need a lot of pearls when you doing whole gear alone on the PEN. But on the BlackStar you need much pearls. I never bought gear from the broker. Everything doing aboslutly alone. I know someone wanna more pearls, me too. But then server really fast die and that don't want nobody. I would only like for something where I can change useless pearls items to Artisan Memory. I have many useless fails staks from (10-39fs) What I don't need. Ship Apperance, Theiah Orb, Ornette Dark Honey Wine, Premium horse Apperance, Reset mount crowth, many useless exp items, Event Kuku and etc. I think shoud be possible everything exhange for the Artisan Memory. I don't need nothing else only Artisan Memory. I doing individual gear for every my character.