1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion] Sorcerer Buff Balancing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by vRisen, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tempzilla

Tempzilla I Gots Candy!!

The Idea is good but the issue is coding the changes and also the point that we're not all supposed to be running around full stigma build. If you got Wintery Armor you lack the dps power of flame spray and glacial shard. Sorcs are either defensive style with the need to rely on more cc or offensive style with the need to quick burst down a person but then have nothing to really fall back on after that burst if you should fail at killing your target or you're vs a group. Siel is nice but has its downsides which is the ability for every class to have all their skills available to them.

2. aVeryFatGuy

aVeryFatGuy Proficient

MR sorcs have many shortcomings when it comes to group PvP. In 1v1, yes they are a pain but I'm not one so I can't talk as if I am one.

3. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

Someone saying sorcs have low dps without nukes needs to do the math one more time. If Togi went Sorcerer with his ping the outcome would be 13~17k damage for 4 seconds (Aether Hold rotation).

4. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

Pfft on a mob maybe. 5 flames and a fist would come out as like 10k max at boost cap.

Holy shit that's a lot.

Then again I'm saying 1500 per flame.

Holy shit that's a lot.

5. Neoropsychoholic

Neoropsychoholic Proficient

wow maybe we should consider nerfing glad instead and make sorc wear plate or chain armor

6. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

I hate sorcs for those very buffs you mentioned, too bad NCsoft designed them to be the leading nuking class in Aion. But they wasn't designed like this for highrates such as Gamez too.

7. amlees

amlees Getting there

U have serious issues, not even kidding, ur history of making qq threads about sorc's is getting redicilous!!

8. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

Casters were not 'made' to counter plates, Aion is not a focused pvp game. Casters are needed in MMORPGs, simple as that.

Sorcs are unarguable the strongest nukers in Aion. Don't quote me about "They can be beating if you play correctly". There is a fine line between best at your class and a straight up heavy nuke and sorc fits that title perfectly. 98% players in Aion are just burst/nuking types, 2% are actually ****ing amazing.

On your list, the only skill that I think deserves a side-effect is SoF.

If you were suggestion this on a lowrate server, I'd order you'd to be banned but considering this is GamezAion, I completely understand where you coming from, I know it's bad and I don't even play there. I still struggle to understand why you guys intend to be 'retail-like' with the kind of donation setup you have and what you can get from it and not in actual server. Dug your own grave in terms of trying to get quality pvp.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  9. ilbreezeli

ilbreezeli The Anti-Troll

Lol damn seems kinda of game breaking :s and i don't think they should change anything to make it none retail like Q.Q sorry togi.

10. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I was thinking the same thing. What should the side effect be? -MBoost or MRes?

What about Wintry Armor? Should the effect range be reduced so that skill could "counter" this spell?

Adding a side effect to one buff isn't game breaking. :p

11. Lozdy

Lozdy Proficient

Well hold your dick now for one second, you fungal rimjob.
    (Just had to say that. Bulletstorm is such a great game!)

Well, I do think that sorcerers need a weakness cause they are a bit OP with their noob combos and nukes.
    But wait till 3.0 hits so they cannot use the silence, stun combo. Watch them run brah!

12. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Very few sorcerers on Siel actually have Silence or Stun on their skillbar. ;p

13. Lozdy

Lozdy Proficient

And where did you get that kind of information? Everyone uses it, be it man or animal!
    (skyrim ftw) lol

14. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I got it from playing. Watch what happens when a zerger uses all of his nukes.

15. Lozdy

Lozdy Proficient

Oh I see what you mean.
    When I find some asmodian sorc (especial with a high rank) they start of with this combo THEN they nuke.

I usualy run solo and tries to avoid elyos zergs so I am excused!

16. SweetNoms

SweetNoms Claims

Neither does using fallacious arguments. Maybe you didn't get the straw man reference. And, as vRisen has already said, you've made a fool of yourself. I've seen your posts and the things you imply with them. Smart? Computer savvy? More like pretentious.

Anyway, these are some good suggestions, as well as some others I've glanced over in this thread. I doubt the GMs would allow the devs customization of the skills, though

17. Joshan

Joshan Proficient

somehow i feel compelled to troll this thread ^^ but just going with ur flow risen.. a more simple way would be to implement stigma system for sorcs only.. but ppl will rage quit even more.

18. Played

Played *Kung-Fu Master* Forum Legend

So I don't know if you noticed yourself but some of these "suggestions" contradict themselves take Boon of Iron Clad for Instance ... you want to increase stumble and all this other stuff resistance by 10000 yet you want to decrease magical and elemental resistance(doubt there's any elemental attacks going around in retail or private servers, since sorcs and sm's are pure magic class's) but anyways to my point Aether's Hold = Magic attack so ... Increasing the resistance + deceasing the resistance of magic,aether's Hold...let me just say... its retarded makes no sense whats so ever ...+ decreasing all spells to miss is very retarded so you basically want to turn this into an all melee type of win win situation roll a sorc your pron to die but roll melee you'll roll over every sorc .. wouldn't be surprised if you ended up making a Q.Q thread about SM's some time in the future ... this is just a flame thread and a Q.Q thread really .. i think i would have done a better job in making such a Q.Q / flame thread myself ...

but to be honest i feel like you intentionally did this thread knowing that ppl would get worked up about it and i applaud you .. you accomplished it .. *throws hat in the air and say's Bon voyage*

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  19. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Hahaha, that would soo never happen. xD

:| Wall of text!

....what?????? Oh my god, I'm sorry, but my brain hurts.

Let me break this down:

I think you read it wrong? Both of them would be decreased. Of course getting BoIC nerfed is kind of a long shot and I added it just to have something else on the table; but it would make sorcerers think twice about using BoIC. They would *need* to make sure that no magic classes are nearby because then they would abandon all magical defenses and focus them on physical defenses.

It was an OR option. They would keep their magical defenses but they wouldn't be allowed to cast any spells while the shield is up, so it's more of a spell to give the sorcerer some breathing room.

This is how I can spot sorcerers on this thread, all of their posts end with this nonsense. This is a suggestion and that crap is not needed here.

I created this thread with the goal of getting at least one Sorcerer buff to have a counter-effect. You want your nukes? You can have them. Just watch what buffs you use, that's all.

20. Played

Played *Kung-Fu Master* Forum Legend

Well Let me break it down to you:
    Sorcs aren't meant to think really if they stop to think their dead. Their suppose to kill stuff fairly quickly in 1-2 rotations fail to do so then thats where improvising comes into play just kite around until the rotation is back up again.

If you didn't notice Sorcs (including sm's) Magical defense is horrid on gamez since sorcs and sm's need to roll MA to have some form of advantage since almost everyone's got MR including clothies. So giving sorcs a breather not a chance.

as for the nonsense not being needed .. you'll have that wherever you go .. that's life.

Go play a sorc and maybe you'll understand why this is all nonsense ... I would have most likely agreed with you if i hadn't ever switched to playing a sorc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.