1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Suggestion] Sorcerer Buff Balancing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by vRisen, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lhuv

Lhuv Well-Known Member

For Supplication focus yes i think its a good idea

2. Neoropsychoholic

Neoropsychoholic Proficient

God Stone can proc much higher now even with a pure MR cloth, glad can silence you easily now. sorc has been nerf since 2.5 yet soo many people QQ

3. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Can a moderator please close this? I cleaned up the initial post and put them in another thread because this thread is already full of misunderstanding comments.

4. bjmcfist

bjmcfist New Member

Sorc's seem OP on the outside, but so can other classes. What about UD, ankle snare (8 seconds of root until the debuff runs out), Deadly Focus (sin), even Mau form (the only OP buff on ranger). I'm just saying that every class has their OP buffs and attacks. A good cleric can kill a sorc, so can a good chanter for god sakes.. yes.. 2 support classes. I play sin and ranger as mains, and sorc's aren't a problem on Lumiel unless its a pro. On Siel when sorc's have both wintry and glacial, i can see the buffs as a problems, but sins then have not only signet silence, + 10% silence gs's, + Radiant Rune. Glads can utilize UD, thunder won't stun.. aether's hold wont work.. plus.. glads have plenty of knockdowns which can be frustrating as well. Every class is OP.. just depends on how you play it.

5. Shunko

Shunko Expert

I don't think you ever played retail lol.

On retail you actually need some degree of skill combo'ing with curse of roots / sleep and whatever. On here you just press 1-2-3 win. The power of every class with abg naturally far exceeds retail but sorcerer surpasses that greatly. I have played sorcerer as main class for a great deal of time on gamez and nearly nothing could fight back.

A normal stigma build of sorcerers is often flame spray illusion, but who needs flamespray here if inferno with panda focus will 2 hit everything on the field? Everyone here runs around with sleep storm or illusion ward without giving up firepower for it.

basically sorcerer already is wickedly strong on lumiel, i don't even want to know how absurd it is in siel.

The custom nerfs on their nukes are richly disserved and it's still a broken class.

Edit: The logic in the OP is a bit wrong though, i could also say 'aether armor is intended to block magic, -100% physical defense. Or unwavering devotion is meant to block stuns / knockdowns, -200 elemental defense and -30% physical defense. Don't forget though that sorcerer buffs have quite a lengthy cooldown compared to their up-time.

I'm all for nerfing sorcerers but there must be a better way.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  6. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

This comes as no surprise, since I've been saying this since day one that NCSoft Love their nuking classes. They simply can't seem to make any nuker class without giving them so many properties that it makes them significantly better then the rest of the classes.

It's just bewilders me how a Sorc has literally a skill for every situation, which makes them extremely difficult to kill. Their defensive skills makes them have survivability up to the templars level while also having far greater dps output and from long range as well.

They are easily the top-2 best classes in Retail, however they become even more powerful and can dominate more so in Gamez, with the simple fact that everything and everyone is running around in full ABG gear.

Other classes other then SM/Sorc took a huge hit when NCSoft decided to make many of the melee skills MA based. This obnoxiously stupid implement along with the other fact that they didn't increase MA for melee classes as well just gives you a :annoyed: to the officials at NCSoft.

I blame the creators of Aion because it seems as though they never ever once thought of properly testing armor sets like ABG and what it would do to cripple many classes at the high-end level of play. Many skills either are incredibly difficult to land due to MA vs MR (<--- MA vs MR in Aion is one of the worst systems in this game, bar none.) or the fact that with the introduction of ABG it's made the gaps between some classes unbearable.

Aion when everyone is equipping the best sets has literally become a Armor set vs Armor set counter match up, however a Sorc class wins out here as well (*gasp* such a shocker with NCSoft Mmo's!), because they only need to go two routes, which is either MR or MA. If you're playing a melee class, you have to huge hurdle of having to build Crit (you need those crits for kd if your a Temp/Glad or just simply output damage), Atk, MR, MA, Acc...etc, etc builds.

Which in turn forces you to having to obtain more sets. On my Temp alone, I have 4 completely different sets depending upon whom I fight, which is a chore. All of which in turn benefits the magic classes more so then the other non-magic classes, and it especially benefits the Sorc without question.

NCSoft fails and <3's their Mage Classes

Although I agree with a re-balancing of the Sorcs, however I feel that by doing so, you'll be opening a Pandora's Box, because with this, you would literally have to do it to all other classes and it could potentially skewer the game more so then it already is, and it would also remove Gamez from what it was intended to be. A high-rate server which is supposed to be retail like.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.