1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The TERA Experience

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by Rdei, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momo

Momo Arrogant Member Forum Legend

well, than dont play tera if u dont like it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Kubito

Kubito Proficient

i wanna try terra>.<

3. aecoon

aecoon 。◕ ‿ ◕。 Forum Legend

1 person likes this.
  4. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

can some1 remind me when betas became "oh this game failed lets make a beta" from the classic "lets test server stress management player feedback and overall TEST the damn thing"

@Momo : i wasnt hating i was just saying that your reason for tera>aion can be applied for any game and thus fails

@aecoon: first:^ second:for some skill is aiming at a tiny pedoluring character , for others its tabbing the right target in a 50 man zerg(which reminds me - how effective would your cross targeting work in zvz or guild/legion fights ?)

aaand finaly: im not hating or defending the game my money's on gw2 , i played the first part since Nightfall and 2mins ago i was still playing it actualy.the only change tera brings is the combat which seems kinda boring since (at least the melee) is only clicking with your mouse , could be wrong tho. Also high expectations tend to be the death of new games.comparing something that just launched with a game like WoW (7years+ of content and fixing) is pretty phail.Aion was lvl 40 and had no instance when it launched (1.0) too but its currently a big deal in Korea

5. ghost521

ghost521 Lucent's name is Jeremy

I don't think NCsoft can do anything about Bluehole. Although some Bluehole's ex-members were charged for it, the codes were allegedly stolen before L3 could come into production, and imo you just can't sue over an idea that wasn't manifesting into something else.

About long betas? Try Rift. They were only...what, 1-2 beta dates short of TERA's. More CBT dates doesn't mean that a game is bad. More CBT dates with no clear release date does, however.

About complaints? Well, KR MMOs tend to be grindfests, so there's that.

6. sinezio

sinezio New Member

aion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tibia>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tera

7. Nujabes

Nujabes Well-Known Member

I literally have no interest in any of the new MMOs coming out, but it is interesting to see the videos. Yes. blade and soul does look nice.

Give me a cool sci fi MMO that isn't Star Wars related and has botics. Then I may consider

8. ghost521

ghost521 Lucent's name is Jeremy

>botics

MASS EFFECT AHOY

9. jainui

jainui New Member

I just want to say your continued use of the term ( oriental ) upsets me a little please use the term (Asian) ty.

10. Rdei

Rdei Proficient

It's funny because you think you know anything about TERA. I'm not sure if you are a retard or a troll so I will explain your "points" to you :)

1. The Tera was released in Korea last year January. At that time the endgame content was a bit lacking, bit even at that time it help more endgame content than the Aion holds now.

2. Because the Frogster and the EnMasse didn't want it to fail the EU/NA release they held back the release with a few months. After completing the westernization progress and waiting for the TERA to finish three (3) content patch which in content size is way more huge than any Ncsoft updates on retail Aion. And only in a year.

3. About the legal issue: Ncsoft started their suing the Bluehole Studios, because many developers who left the Linage 3 project joined the TERA's development. This lawsuit failed as it is, the jury found nothing of the "stolen content" leaving the Bluehole as the winner. After the NA/EU release was announced this year, the Ncfail tried to lawsuit the Bluehole again, but now in America. With the same evidences and the will to stop a decent game against their GW2 is a fail and pathetic try from them. Haters gonna hate.

4. Before answering your question, here's one for you: how many betas did the Aion had in EU and CH? I'm pretty sure that I've played on at least 6-7. The CBTs are for 2 reasons: testing the servers capacity and promoting the game.

Ncsoft failed at me with Aion. Along with their micro-transaction system, shitty drops, long queues, ******* leveling, ****ed up zerg PvP. Ncsoon is simply scared that it's "new' game will loose many buyers and I hate to admit it (Sorry fans) I hate GW2 just by looking at it) :)

I've been looking at the TERA's development for a bit mroe than 2 years now. Looking at your number of posts you simply registered here to failtroll a game that will bring a new era of MMO gameplay. Even tough I don't know what you have against it, but when you will play your so "skilled" game with your powerful TAB 1-2-3-4-1-KILL combo then I will be happily having GvG with my friends in Arborea :)

And btw: Oh and I'm together with national players who paly on Kretail TERA and I've been playing since the EU CPE, played all the betas and have my collectors edition for the start :)
    And those memes are funny because it's true.

2 people like this.
  11. aecoon

well said Rdei

1 person likes this.
  12. Played

Played *Kung-Fu Master* Forum Legend

I would play tera but i have no job yet so i wouldn't be able to pay the monthly fee and asmoles despite the weps being retarded and the no button mashing type of game .. its still a great game. I would always say tera is fail and it sucks but when i played the beta omg was i wrong i played warrior(think its called warrior on tera the class with duo swords and is a tank) and wished i could keep him forever and ever and ever but i can't so whatevers. Honestly i think tera did a good job by not making it a button mash type of game because its going to require people to finally rely on HOTKEYS Yesh HOTKEYS muhahahaha everyones favorite or macros, its almost like Dragons Nest in a way. But if you haven't played Tera you can't really say much about it dont go all over youtube looking for things they say about the game to make your arguing statements Try the game and then decide from there.

To be honest highly doubt there putting so many CBT's just because their scared. There putting it because they need the feedback from players just like aion did when it was planning to be released just as what GW2 and D3 are doing but D3 is about to go live without the pvp system because their pvp system was screwed up and they said they'd just put it off as a patch thing. So Every GAME will do AS MANY CBT's as they want so it can please the players and make them want to play. Its called Propaganda.. We give you this we take this out we put this we add this but you must come play or we wont do anything. get it..

1 person likes this.
  13. Rdei

Rdei Proficient

Well said. But I don't think that the weapons looks THAT retarded :S The Lancers lance is a bit unusual for those who are used to shield+sword/mace combo, but it's also has an other playstyle as well.

Here's a new lvl 60 weapon set from the latest patch. One of the Axes look a bit facked up, but yeah they are nice :D

[link]

1 person likes this.
  14. Neishi

Neishi Proficient

I had a lot of fun with the beta, the combat is original (dropping candies for heals just made me laugh every time) and the lanscapes are wonderful. Aion has its good sides, but it just can dream such a big and detailed world. Graphics really are over the top (too much for my pc to handle in fact :p). And comon just the fact that gathering can be done together...
    It may have many lacks, but it's still a beta, and still much better than many mmos out there...ofc I'm not gonna pay subs, but I'ìm sure some private server will come out (maybe gamez?:D)

15. Hardstyle

Hardstyle ***** Slap Forum Legend

a private server wich will feature a working aimbot the next day.

16. jasper1884

jasper1884 JASZIK

Tera is much boring than aion the targeted system of tera is pretty annoying.

17. Rdei

Rdei Proficient

[video=youtube_share;M9cgYoIfnHs]http://youtu.be/M9cgYoIfnHs[/video]

Recorded yesterday

18. chengzhou

chengzhou New Member

lol whoever think tera is good, go ahead and lie to yourself, the game has 0 fun on PVP, dont believe in what i say? try it out. also for those who said aion is about pressing skill fast or slow, u know nothing about aion, just a newb or a bad ping player, thats all.

19. sevah010

sevah010 I Laik Cake Forum Legend

ive played TERA and pvp is way more awesome then the pvp of aion

20. aecoon

i dont get how ppl can like aimbot more then actually dodge systems and such. and not wait and hope that it gets block cus of ur stats and such. makes it much more skill based. since in aion and other gamez moving around dont help u much or nothing at all.
    but everyone dont like the same stuff so =)

@ rdei - awesome vid. beserker ftw :D

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.