1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Things that need to be looked at

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by RestiaPK, Feb 19, 2017.

1. RestiaPK

RestiaPK Banned

Since this server is currently in the beta phase I won’t sugar coat anything and get straight to the point.Please read this thoroughly and view it from an objective point.

The server in it’s current state will have or might have difficult issues in the future. These problems have their origins mainly in:

1) Staff (I’ll get to this later).

2) Communication between devs-GMs/devs-playerbase.

3) Discrepancy in the power levels between old and new players.

1) + 2) Since it’s new, the Staff is somewhat rushed and maybe it needs to revised or their behavior changed.

a. The GMs – Rasmus and SnickerDoodle. Rasmus is basically not even in game and his communication with the playerbase is 1 or 2 messages a day on discord. I have never seen him in game and I have played 16 hours/day , many players can confirm this.I assume he got GM by being here in the first 2-3 days and then gave up on this.This is not the way to supervise the playerbase. SnickerDoodle I’d say is the closest we can get to a GM but he is just afk horse-breeding all day and his English is somewhat lacking. But he is trying to help the community where he can.I think there is another GM named Purell but I have never seen this guy on forum/game/discord lol.

b. The Head GMs – Navi . She is indeed trying hard but due to her game knowledge lacking she cannot mold raw information from the player base and deliver it in a proper way to the devs. I would accept her way of dealing with bugs in any phase of the game but a beta. In BETA ANY AMOUNT of information matters and it shouldn’t be rejected just because it wasn’t submitted in proper form. Navi needs smart and active gms by her side to help at this point.

c. The mods. Or should I say the only players who know what they’re doing but they are absolutely powerless. Xanax, Xol and PureBussiness. I would suggest putting either Xol or PureBussiness in a GM state where they can directly communicate with the devs since they have the biggest amount of game knowledge in the staff. They can deliver huge amounts of information that is currently lacking. (Also they play lot, I’m not suggesting Xanax here since he is managing the community perfectly atm and I want him to stay there.

d. Devs. I think it’s Carl. I don’t think he played this game at all or if he did it wasn’t enough. I’m asking Carl and Navi to grind a char to 56 without gm powers. That will be more than enough to understand the principles of the game and the core bugs that is keeping it back.

3)

a. Due to surprise giveaways a small discrepancy in the power has been formed between those who were online and those who weren’t. Power rules so those who have it are bound to be on the top and demoralizing those under. I suggest making announced giveaways and give the new players same or similar items, specifically the OgreRings/Boss weapons. Giving a player that already has these items new ones will not affect him at all. You cannot use 2 ogre rings or 2 boss weapons, there is only 1 slot. You cannot sell it either since the amount of silver is impossible to gather.It will not hurt anyone if these items would be given again or put in a shop somewhere for each player to get. ( For beta only ). I strongly suggest this. Stripping the old players , taking the items away from them would be a lie and most would quit and I strongly advise not to this.

Please read this thread from an objective point and do not bin/ignore it.

Thank you for your time.

TL;DR READ THE THREAD.ITS IMPORTANT

2. PureBusiness

PureBusiness -please delete this- Forum Legend

-please delete this-

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  3. Cirilla

Cirilla New Member

i Agree with most of it, so yeah @Staff get on it!!!

4. Puddles

Puddles Tͮh͌̀ͩe̅̋̔̓ͣ̎͟ ̔ͫ̈́̾ͩG͗́̓o͐̍d̊̊̄d͑̔̎͑ ̋̾͏e ̏̏ͬ͌s̶s͛ Forum Legend

Well, Your a tad off here.
    Rasmus, Snicker, and one who you said is a mod XaNaX are GM's.

Head GM is Purell (Also responsible for AION).
    I do have another H.GM Lizveth though she is primarily AION.

GM's most likely will not ever have direct Dev access.
    Xol and PureBusiness are both Moderators in the BDO Section of the forums. (as stated above XaNaX is a GM)

Now, to address this actually in a more full dissertation than just little bits as I felt there were some misconceptions as far as current staff roles. I, myself am a Co-Admin, that makes me responsible for pretty much everything outside of server costs, development teams, and dev contact. In all honesty? The way I handle bugs yes it is a little stringent but, as you said. I do not know this game 100% inside and out. Working on learning things in a deeper sense than probably needed to be. Yet, there are some thing that I have not effectively managed to have the time to do.

As far as the GM's are concerned, and the moderators on the forums. At the current we were not looking for more GM's. I had requested for a couple more, so in turn of that and seeing how Xol and Pure were handling issues of bug reports, and despite the few issues with in the Discord server (which yes can be heated more so that forums) I felt, and our Forum Administrator (@Illusions) [who had already contacted at least one of the two] that they would be a fit in the staff at least on some form of level to get into the door and be around to help out. Which the two of them (Xol and Pure) have been doing already.

To go into more details. The GM's (Rasmus, Snicker, Xanax) have been reporting bugs and issues with-in our staff forums. As well as doing tests and getting us the most information as they can so that it can be given to the dev team. That much I appreciate. Also, I would hope that you do not expect to know every single GM Character name that can be on an account. I simply wouldn't make that list published. What we do (@Lautaro, @Carl, Myself) expect is for players to know and be acquainted with at least one or two of the GM Character names. That way (once we have some form of a in-game list command which I hope is soon, or maybe I don't know about it yet?!) the players here will be familiar with who they are talking to. If a GM is on another character it would be more so for them to be able to run around check things out or stalk reported players. I am sure there are cheats around for BDO as noted we did have that 'speed hack prevention thing'.

I can also understand that while any amount of information is valuable it is also so much to a point. If we are unable to have an idea of, or the basic mechanics of the bug then how are we supposed to be able to replicate it (eg: trade pack abuse bug) regardless of how much you know about this game, mechanics, and or other factors. Missing something could be a large thing and waste not only the time in figuring out the bug, but if it gets reported to developers with out any clear indication as to 'how' it is happening. That will make their job more difficult and prevent faster fixes.

As far as powers go. Certain things are pretty restricted mainly due to how staff have misused commands in the past on other Game servers. It is very sad to have to say that, but it is the case in which former staff members even from other Games have made it so that there is caution with just about every command access and how they are used. So, bearing that in mind some commands may not be available to other ranks of GMs. While that can and most likely will change as we progress though things and I get the command updates that have been requested of the Developers (yet they are not a priority given the other issues).

Into detail about the bug reports forum. You are quite right as I said above. No, I do not know how everything works in BDO learning, and learning it fast. However, there are issues which I have gone to check out Tamer Quest Line : Emima Bartoli NPC : not giving the quest for example, or Igor doing the same thing. The problem here comes in with the fact that of course it works 100% perfectly fine. Even checking on a non-gm character they worked fine. The only thing I can think of at that point would be a client issue (may not be, but could be something there). Needless to say, if we cannot replicate it (and yes I do task the GM team in-game to look at bugs and stuff.) then things may get pushed into a pile they do not belong. That also brings up the reason for more information as well to help all of us on the staff make sure that we are able to replicate EXACTLY what you are seeing, and experiencing or we may ask you for a short clip of the issue so that visually can see what is happening.

Anyway, I can say that I have seen quite a bit of work by everyone we have brought into the staff at all levels of it. Some more than others, but generally they are doing what they can to make sure that things are getting done. XaNaX for example, has developed an event in-game that I think may be somewhat interesting to see happen I am sure you guys like events, and prizes (of course we are going to be trailing down on the prizes to a point). You saying that XaNaX is handling the community perfectly is a very nice compliment to hear and I am glad that he is doing good. I do expect a lot of good things from him in the future as well. That goes for the rest of the staff, current and eventual until we are at a point where I need to make decisions on where to go with current members and or new persons.

To close this portion of this reply out.

Yes, in a way the current staff was rushed and while I am sure there are grievances here and there about different things. The fact of it is that Carl and Myself knew pretty much nothing about any of the players of BDO that we have at the current time. Yet some form of staff was needed to help assist him and me, and you all as well. To that? If someone is not fulfilling a role and or not exactly behaving as a proper staff member should (and trust me I do have high requirements when it comes to how people should present themselves ones they are in a staff position you are welcome to ask any of the AION staff members), you are more than welcome to send me a PM here on the forums about your concerns and we can discuss them (trust me, forums are best. I lose things on Discord, Skype very easy).

Am I personally happy with some things as of current with the way certain things are being handle. No of course not, but given that to a point my hands are tied? I am doing the best that is possible to do, as are the rest of the current staff members. I can only personally give them my respect and admiration that they are giving effort into helping with knowledge, testing, and checking into things you guys report when they have the time to do so. I hope that you as players who read this can appreciate their dedication as well.

I did grind a character to 56 with out GM powers. It took me a good around 10 hours to do so with rates less than they are now. The core bugs that are holding the game back as I see them right now (and based on the effective test I did on two of them) are the AP / DP Scaling, Mob Damage, and frankly PvP Damage issues. For some reason we have some major issues with some classes effective damage in PvP while in PvE it is different. Am I a dev can I say for sure what is wrong, no I could speculate but that may be wildly off the mark considering it would be going off other game servers knowledge.

There are a few other issues that I would personally consider high priority such as some players having issues with NPC and Quests not showing up. That frankly is something that we need to figure out and figure it out fast. There is a method to get past at least awakening quest lines, though it really shouldn't be needed and it does require myself, Carl or Purell to be online to get it to happen. Pure I am fairly certain could attest to that (his quest line was missing a final NPC sadly it still is missing Q.Q!)

Carl is not the dev of BDO as far as I am aware. We have a team on that from what I have been told and understand. I presume it is true seeing how I have no reason to believe otherwise. Some of the issues that have been reported, never-mind the fact that official BDO has pretty much changed entire quest lines among the rest of what their patch notes had included. While the delay of server support for the new NA / EU Client is delayed and yes, that much really is hard to say is anyway shape or form good. The only half redeeming factor is there is a Torrent currently provided by GamezNetwork (yep it is pretty much the entire game due to the changes that Retail made).

Do we expect people to download the entire client again? Eh, I would be somewhat remiss if I said yes? I guess it would depend on the situation you have yourself and if you want to wait for the entire thing to DL Again just to have an update come live and then have to just updated the client by launcher again anyway. Not really sure how to say 'yes go download a torrent when we have an unknown ETA on server update to match client'.

Small, would not be the word for it. There is a large one.

In reality I am sure that you have been around for a while before joining the Discord. I was giving out 100m Silvers at least once every two days or so. Items at least once a day (be it accessory, weapons, didn't get to do armors but I was planning on it). Heck! Even was throwing out random consumables, enchant stones of all kinds (en-mass too, some made the market yay!). As far as it goes, even with any announced form or planned form of throwing items at people. They will complain regardless. So, in turn the solution as I was told to stop throwing items at people who were online and playing was to simply not. That is the direct realization of complaints that were such a constant when things were done at a random. Now, do things on an announced time frame? That may work, may not. What then happens if someone happens to barely miss it by a minute, or disconnects? The same consequence happens. Power outage, internet is dead for the day. There is no way that even with a planned giveaway to make everyone happy. That was more why random giveaway was done.

If someone happened to gleam rewards from every single one, then yes they managed to get really good things.

Your point about silver. Again, it was being thrown out en-mass 100m at a time (and planned to be giving away, decent amounts via in-game events as well). There really was no 'good' way at the current to handle giving things away outside of possibly using the in-game mail system if it is possible it should be but, not sure. It can give out pearl boxes. I don't know if it can give out physical items they cannot be traded. With out looking Afaik pearls can be gifted and would be mailed via box so it is also perhaps a limitation of BDO mail system I'll have to check on that.

The Attendance reward thing, would be awesome simply awesome to get working. Again I do not know how difficult it would be or if it would need its own form of web-space and then at that, how much of the client and where exactly would that be located? Have to break the client open to get into that (which I am working on mind you!), also from that point. What kind of physical client changes can actually be made with out breaking the client or its behavior? Again, we do not know.

If this was AION? I would tell you just about anything is possible there are some things which are impractical but possible. It is not, it is a new Game Client, and New Server.

There are a lot of things that Carl, Lautaro, Myself, the GM's, Mods are all still learning about what we have for ability to do. Things which might be possible to do, and just literally impossible to do.

As far as I am aware. We do not have any plans to do this at the current time. So, I wouldn't really worry about that to much.

Anyway.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know and or even reply here and I'll address them as needed and time permits.
    I'm currently on horrible internet that sometimes lets me look at things sometimes not?

Aniline, Snowinkle, Illusions and 2 others like this.
  5. RestiaPK

RestiaPK Banned

Staff wise, hard to tell since everyone is listed under GMs, and now that I see it this way I hope it changes. I'm glad you did level a char and I see you got the core problems down. Really doubt GMs would hide on alt accounts for days but who knows. I did get several rewards or else I wouldn't be able to do what I do atm ingame, regarding this you guys really need to find a way to balance out the small power gap.

I'm happy you are trying to adress the main issues and I guess only time will tell now.

6. XaNaX

XaNaX N͌̓͂̊̀Ỏ̇̑̈̕S̔̃́̎̆T̃̾͂͂̏i̐̽͗̂̈́t̓̌͊͂̈a̍̀̀̉̎ǹ̂̃͐̚ Forum Legend

All the XaNaX love, bring it on mate.. but I'm not a mod T_T

7. SLYs

SLYs New Member

about the free items giveaway, i was thinking every 3-6 hours rotation. same thing for the wholeday. so whoever missed it might have a chance of getting it. this also could help the gap between timezones.
    also giveaways have like 3-4 day rotations also. ofcourse the same rotation. example: monday- rings, tuesday-weapon, wensday-subweapon, and so on.
    the rotation is a good way because people who didnt get it before will have couple days to wait till they get whatever they missed. also making annocements of daily free giveaways is a must so it helps them to realize what they can expect today or tomorrow. some will say "i already have this or that" well u could always try to sell it on the market or just trash it. having abundance of items that doesnt exist ingame atm wouldnt matter.

ofcourse some ppl will complain with this or that. however its beta, its gonna get wiped. i think its better to give us free items now then to make new players think they have a WAY disadvantage over the old players. if beta is only about finding bugs without have fun whats the point right? also one more thing im one of the players who got some of the free item giveaway. so dont get the wrong idea that im new.

8. PureBusiness

PureBusiness -please delete this- Forum Legend

-please delete this-

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017