1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thon's Update Remedy for MODIFIED AION INSTALL LOCATIONS

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Rubyah, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Kyle

Kyle Banned Forum Legend

Right click the game folder>>Security>>

[​IMG]

Then click on a group or username and push edit and then give each group full access:

[​IMG]

@thon0687

#Stickied

2. udidih

udidih New Member

sir/ma'am where to download or update the newest version?

3. Rubyah

Rubyah The Celestial Nostrum

Hey everybody I have added another good method for the update remedy. Since some of us install “AionInstaller.exe” to its default location which do auto create its main Aion Folder that makes the NCLauncher uses as default file location or to an empty file folder of our choice and do a big mess on the whole update process. This step will help you a lot. Kindly refer to the guides first page, the eighth (8th) and ninth (9th) step.... Thanks!!!!!

4. battlegrounds

battlegrounds New Member

the 1st step was fail to me i fallow correctly the methods but the update is like im updating the new gamez again, i was on updating the 9 step, i cancelled it, ill try the second methods hope this will work to me, cross Finger, the update is 4gig??

5. Rubyah

Again, people of this realm sorry for the inconvenience. I have updated this guide for some reasonable preference for us to effectively update our Aion clients (100%ly) and ease us from errors that arises from the new update. I have modified some methods and added some for thorough/effective update.... I suggest that after the update is done, please keep in mind that you need to repair your Aion Files using NCSoft Launcher.... Thanks!!!

6. Rubyah

Thread updated for some added images........ If you guys have problems or suggestions about it, kindly poke me a private message or comment it here... Thanks and happy gaming!

7. illaskatrach

illaskatrach Getting there

@thon0687 (good evening sir!! just wanted to ask something,.. how can i know that my AION WAS INSTALL ON its default location?.
    right now my AION was install on C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Aion. (IS THIS IT'S DEFAULT LOCATION?)
    On your tutorial above: your aion was install on: COMPUTER>LOCAL DISK D> GAMES> ONLINE GAMES> NCSOFT.. so i am really confused if i follow your tutorial sir. Thanks for your answer.
    (Please note: "i bought this laptop with aion installed on it, thats why i dont know if its on default location.)

Attached Files:

8. molocot

molocot Getting there

sir every time i started the update this things keeps on pop-uping.. please help..

Attached Files:

9. Rubyah

Yes it is on its default install location..... Just click the Aion icon on your Desktop or at your Start Button>All Programs >Aion....... as it is installed on its default location, you don't have to follow the steps on this guide....

It is an error caused moslty by corrupt files.... just click repair files and restart the update........

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  10. illaskatrach

@thon0687 sir what do you mean by '' just click? You mean right click and properties? Or you mean to say, If its on the list of all program on: start bottom>all program> aion. Does it mean it is on default location sir?

11. illaskatrach

By the way sir @thon0687, from what country are you? Im from Philippines. Its nice to have a conversation with you. And thank you for answering my question.

12. Rubyah

Yes sir..... It is on its default location.......... Since your files are located at C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSOFT\Aion, it implies that your Aion is installed on its default location......

@question - I'm from PHIL too bro..... Since I've made this guide, it is my responsibility to cater every problems that arises in connection with it..... Your always welcome.......

13. illaskatrach

Now i
    Now i know why i am confused.
    So the only thing i have to do is to update right? Thank you so much

14. illaskatrach

@thon0687 maraming salamat kabayan. Sorry for the late response, i emptied my battery on my way home from work.

15. molocot

molocot Getting there

sir, i tried so many times repairing.. but theres too many error pop-uping too.. what would i do sir? when i repair it, it verifies a 28.8 gb files then when it finishes and start to update theres an error pop-uping.. please help sir gigil na talaga ako makalaro. at maraming salamat po...

16. Rubyah

Hahahahahah! It means your Aion files are really corrupted... My suggestion is to install Aion freshly...... To avoid in-game errors na rin........ It takes time, I know, I know... But it worth for.....

17. molocot

molocot Getting there

sir thon i tried uninstalling all the aion related files (ncwest/ncsoft) and deleted the game too. i tried again installing fresh ncsoft and freshly update it. and try download new aion game.. but still it pop ups.. its in the patch folder sir... frustated here :(

18. Rubyah

Awww! You deleted all the files.... You must uninstall the the NCLauncher........ Not just to delete files...... And make sure your internet activity is enough to carry out bulk downloads...... I mean, you must identify your current INTERNET SPEED, because if an interruptions occurs within your connection surely an error message will appear........

Awww! You deleted all the files.... You must uninstall the the NCLauncher........ Not just to delete files...... And make sure your internet activity is enough to carry out bulk downloads...... I mean, you must identify your current INTERNET SPEED, because if an interruptions occurs within your connection surely an error message will appear........

@OPTION
    I am eager to help you bro..... As an option, we can use TEAMVIEWER for me to remotely access your PC and do the fix for you... IF you let me do so......... I am offering my time for you bro to express my kindness and as a help.......

DL Link: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  19. molocot

molocot Getting there

hahaha! yeah sir it all gone, coz i thought it was a virus or corrupted files.. but now i figured it out, i think its in my internet connection problem. no choice, i have to copy again from my friends aion folder. thanks anyway for giving attention to our questions sir..

20. Rubyah

:eek: aw!!!! Tahahahahah... It is my pleasure to help.......