1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trial characters on olympiad

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Harbinger, Aug 27, 2021.

?

Trials chars only on olympiad?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Harbinger

Harbinger Disgusting Creature

Title speaks for itself, could potentially increase participation numbers and class diversity, plus would normalize participants gear to ap build and save everyone from the obnoxious dp builds.

2. RadiantCure

RadiantCure Witch of the Rainbow Forum Legend

Trial characters were created for people to figure out their build and class, not for it to be a substitute for working hard to build your character in order to compete. If you want an equal playing field, the Battle Arena's your friend. Either host a Trial Competition yourself or ask someone who shares the same interest.

The fact is nobody cares about fairness in a competitive world. Either you have the guts and the gear to compete in Olympiad or you don't.

3. Harbinger

Harbinger Disgusting Creature

Trial characters are used in most closed environment pvp competitons on BDO ,not just to try classes or builds, there are multiple uses for the "hardworking achieved character" such as PVE and all the open environment pvp scenarios, open world pvp, node and conquest wars. And if you're a musa, you can lifeskill.

The ensemble of competitive players do prefer trial conditions pvp as a metric of proficiency. Currently some classes reach rank 1 standing on Olympiad with a staggering 0-5 score as probably the single competitor in that category, the point is to improve this situation.

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

@Harbinger while I like your idea, and have suggested this many many many times before, BUT the Best thing we have going for us, here on GamezBD now, as special custom content, is in fact the Olympiad Arena.

I do have to berate your abuse of the voting system, since it doesn't give a possibility to vote No, and that is just idiotic.

I was actually Just about to make a thread here in the suggestions section, about the Olympiad, based on what Kolka wrote in the opening post. So please go there and add your input, since it is a Real possibility for our GamezBD community, to embrace PvP and make it flourish.

I am not trying to be ignorant here, but what exactly do you mean? Is it the localized Arenas that are a part of the game-world already? If so, how are you going to impose a gear limit, to make the fights fair?

Hmmm, now that is a Big Bold statement to make; "Nobody Cares about fairness..."? Really?

Not quite sure if you were in a bad mood the day you answered, but you just don't seem like a problem-stirrer, or at least I haven't noticed before now.

Look I am sure that you know, without a doubt, that there are endless amounts of attitudes and opinions, so while you might not want any changes to how things are working now, I am Sure that there are many more, that -like I- feel like things could be So much better.