1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unable to connect to config server constantly

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Ligress, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Ligress

Ligress New Member

So I encountered this error after updating the client (I haven't played in a little while, maybe a few months), and was able to find the issue in the FAQ. I did all the ipconfig commands listed in the thread, restarted my computer, and the game would launch.

I configured some settings in the game that required the game to restart, so I did, but then the error popped back up and the launcher will not open again, likely until I go through my CMD prompt and run all the ipconfig commands again. Will I really have to restart my PC every time I close GamezBD now? I never used to have this issue before.

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Sounds very unlikely, mainly because then everyone would be having the same problem.
    May I suggest your run through the to do list, in my Signature below this main message body; Fixing most Errors/Problems

Please do come back and let us know, if you have found the solution, what you did to solve the problem, or if not what you have already tried to do.

3. Ligress

Ligress New Member

I did everything in the list, and unfortunately, the issue still persists. I've managed to at least taper down the list of things I need to do every time the game closes, but it is still present.

What I do now is, I open my command prompt in administrator mode every time the game closes and run the "ipconfig /flushdns" command. Thankfully, a reboot isn't necessary if I do this. But it's still annoying that I have to do it every time I just want to restart the game.

Hopefully this workaround helps someone else until the error resolves.

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

This might be a bug, or just a problem with your client, so let's loop in the developer @Kolka, hopefully she/he/it will be able to solve this problem for you :)