1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[VOTE] Are you happy/satisfied with the buffed mobs from endgame areas?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Morthar, Nov 30, 2020.

?

Did you like the the decision of buffing mobs from endgame areas?

1. Yes

10.0%
  2. No

90.0%
  1. Morthar

Morthar New Member

This is very straight forward. By seeing the results on this opinion research the DEVs will know how effective some custom changes were in making the game more fun or not. And I refer specifically to the decision of making endgame mobs stronger, whatever was the motivation for that. Players go through a harsh journey to acquire high stat gear only to struggle in endgame areas like there were on retail grinding star's end at 245 kutum. Coming to a server with higher rates just to reach endgame and still feel like a puny grass beetle is very, VERY, frustrating.

I really hope DEVs don't ignore this topic, as many other important ones are being tossed under the carpet.

2. alloutbattle888

alloutbattle888 New Member

It's so ineffective to grind in the endgame...

either please nerf the endgame mobs or increase the drop so that we would be motivated to grind them... 8D

elyanea and Morthar like this.
  3. WantToPlay

WantToPlay New Member

It's so annoying.You grinded for end game gear and then u go to Ash or Turos and get smashed and then watch a guy on YouTube with the same class and 30 less ap and 30 dp and he can grind easily on ash forest and those so say "Nah it's because there is no cap to pull mobs, SOOOO u need to PULL LESS MOBS" and I tinkh "Yeah sure because it's not like I hit the rock in the middle and all the mobs came",and that's fine because that's the way that area was designed, but one hit of those gost(the little ones) take about 30-40% of the frontal ward meanwhile on retail the pull 10 monster and take out like 10% for hit and that's is with less dp.
    Like what's the point to level your gear if u can't grind on endgame areas (and let's be honest in the game there's is like 4 end game areas and you can't grind it, like the cave of thoughts it's a new spot that is nearly imposible to grind 1 hourrr meh even 15 min without dying)and that spot is designed to be grinded Solo.
    For me even put the same stats as retail and put the agro cao at max 10 monster, and if u think "Nooo that's a nerf!!!!!111111" well u can't hit more than 10 monster at the same time, if u don't trust me see your skills all say"Hit Max 10 objective/mobs".

Morthar likes this.
  4. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

We can enable monster agro limit, but last time when we made it, large part of community said that it be nerf. Cuz alot players like to take big pack of monsters, even if u can hit only limited count by skill, anyway on 2nd hit all monsters who was agred before will be already under your hits. That made grinding faster.
    We not edit monster stats and not have any goal to make monsters harder, we just load stats what have in game client and not do manually interventions in it.

McConnel and loboram like this.
  5. Morthar

Morthar New Member

@Kolka I really appreciate your response.

Regarding monster aggro limit, the way it is right now is actually great, absolutely no complaints. It improves a lot the grinding rate and experience. I ask you to not consider aggro limit a real question from this topic.
    Regarding the so called "buffs" from the very title, I deeply take in account what you just said sir, about not making monsters harder and not custom changing monster stats. However, several people ingame even come to the point of saying unprecise (probably) statements like affirming monsters from endgame areas have been buffed to two times their original retail life or even 50% of their original damage. Although that kind of information is not official and not worthy of being arguments here, we all share the experience that somehow monster from endgame areas clearly have something that makes them stronger, and I'm not talking about the overload of damage of packed mobs from unlimited aggro, nor I am talking about the fact that we deal less damage to packs because of the unit limit from skills, those are all true, I refer to a unnatural "tankiness" mobs from 250+ areas have. To make a very clearly example, in retail (which is obviously our reference), one is able to kill a single Elten (for example) in much less time with considerably lower gear than in GameZ, and that's up to anyone to verify. That means that in retail one is able to kill a single endgame monster with like 281 ap kutum somehow faster than someone with 310 ap kutum/pen blackstar here.
    Again, since you just said monster in GameZ aren't buffed at all, I think would be opportune to verify this awkward experience people are having regarding the apparent and unusual mob tankness.

In the end, all of this is motivated by the fact that, just like alloutbattle888 said, endgame grinding feels very less rewarding than it should be. Either this being because there is in fact some hardness from endgame mobs, or because the drops from endgame mobs aren't just worth, since people can draw more money exploiting rare drops from low ap areas, like crescent shrine and alikes.

I'd really appreciate if there were some possibility for a more intense communication, specially in order of overcoming this problem of weak or worthless endgame grinding.

Thank you very much.

6. Daddyloverboi

Daddyloverboi Getting there

I am not sure if you are aware but our mobs are very much different from retail in terms of stats.
    Look at IceInferno grinding on twitch. replicate his gear and only pull 3 ash forest mobs. You will kill them very very slow in comparrison to him using the same skills. I have 310AP and it takes me a long time to kill a pack in comparrison to someone who's 289AP on retail.

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

As much as the community appreciates your feedback and comments, it would be SO much more useful, if you could include videos that you make yourselves, clearly from GamezBD and from Retail; Showing us all what it is that you are complaining about...Please?

8. Daddyloverboi

Please do stop texting like you're talking to 12 year old children. If you had been so curious to find out, all it would take was click on two youtube videos. You don't need to be babyspooned information.

Nereus likes this.
  9. farmingchars

farmingchars New Member

Well, I've never done ash forest or star's end grind on retail as I quit way before they came out, but are you sure this isn't just the difference in damage caused by all the class buffs we are missing? We are still 6 months behind retail regarding class changes, and every class got PvE buffs in the meantime, some up to 50% higher skill damages.
    I've checked IceInferno and it seems he's playing Mystic?

Here are the changes mystic got 23rd September on retail:
    https://i.imgur.com/bvQxJ7V.jpg

And here's the link to the official patch notes: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/4447#Class

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong, it's very much possible there are some differences between GamezBD and retail, but perhaps we should check how do mobs behave once we get all the new updates at the end of this month, to have a more retail-like environment where classes have equal skills :S
    Do note that the 2rd September patch isn't the only one that buffed classes on retail, there's been a lot more smaller patches since July 8th (the patch we have on GamezBD atm), and then there was also the full add-on system revamp and third rabam skill etc. added.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  10. Daddyloverboi

He's usually grinding there with a Succession Striker actually.
    On top of that there's multiple examples of such, as Vert doing it on Succ hash and Choice doing it on a Succ Zerk. All with lower AP than what we have on here and still clear faster. As far as i know, mostly awakened classes got buffed for PvE and of course Succ Striker, but you can compare for the other classes. I will personally do that and make a video when succ hash comes out here, comparing GameZ Ash forest to Retail Ash.

11. VelvetCrow3

VelvetCrow3 New Member

Being behind some patch is not the reason. In retail, you could grind SE with 260+ ap kutum very well while in gamez, you need more AP than that

12. McConnel

McConnel Getting there

Few thing you might have missed when grinding:
    - Do a proper rotation of your skills, this affect your performance to the great degree. It may not look obvious to you when comparing your gameplay with someone on twitch, but believe me it really does have an impact on the dps. For example i will use myself as i main witch on this server. A month back to the past i as struggling to do stars end and ending up using all my skills on CD on mobs. I was not able to kill them efficiently, but once i realized a one small detail (using MMA between spells), it have greatly improved my damage to the point where i am able to hit top damage charts on bosses like garmoth literally all the time with 50-100 people hitting. A small detail you might have missed when playing your class could contribute to the feeling of monsters being too hard to kill.
    - Use villa buffs, rotate your food (use 2 kinds one after another) and use draughts or priest buffs. This also will greatly improve your damage, look how much stuff people on retail use in order to grind, they are using a lot, so should you especially since you have an ability to teleport yourself from veila and back to the spot your left with premium feature.
    - Find a proper addons for your skills
    - Get good magic crystals, as they rarely ever break but could really do wonders to improve your dps.
    If you improve in those 4 areas you will be able to grind just as effectively as you see youtubers and streamers do on retail.
    You also need to keep in mind that you may lure more mobs than on retail and that will increase time you kill the mobs, however its not anything bad, its one of the reasons why i like playing here.