1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[VOTE] Farming skill gain

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Oct 7, 2022.

?

Return to pre-patch Farming "pests/bugs"?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

In the latest Patch Notes, a new implementation has been added. I understand that farming was kind of boring, because it didn't matter at all, where you put your farming fence, and whether you watered your plants, or gave them feterlizer, or not. But this new added "penalty", which some might see as a great boon, is actually The Best way to gain Farming Skill.

"Heavily reduced chance to appear bug/pest on players farm" (https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/update-10-07-2022.240950/)

Is there any way to undo this bug fix?
    If we don't return to the pre-patch farming "pests/bugs", then all the players farming from now on, will have a heavily reduced farming skill income. Unless @Kolka changes the rate at which players on GamezBD, gain Farming Skill experience in general of course :)

JeongERang likes this.
  2. Luren

Luren New Member

I agree. Bug and pest were excellents before the patch.

3. NinjaRivo

NinjaRivo Getting there

Double-edged sword

"Heavily reduced chance to appear bug/pest on players farm"

Most people are gonna like this, but the farming-level uppers are not. This is mainly a boost to the Fruit market, so the market will start moving faster. People got annoyed by pests and there were 10-20k preorders on all types of fruits with this update the fruit market's preorders are going to drop to the 4-12k level. ( on the main most wanted 4 fruits )

JeongERang and loboram like this.
  4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I get the whole problem with a lacking Central Market, and as you can see by making a search, I've made more than one attempt, at changing how the CM works here on GamezBD. Unfortunately Kolka said that there were some Really tricky problems coding-wise, and then maintenance-wise to making lasting impactful changes to the CM :(

I do see how Farming "bugs" fixed, might draw some more players to do it, but it hasn't stopped anyone so far, and the players who wanted to do farming here on GamezBD, haven't been complaining about the "bugs".

First up, being able to put your farming fences ANYwhere, was an awesome thing, as well as not needing to water or fertilize, or use any of the farming items, such as scarecrows and so on.

Sure Pests and Bugs do indeed slow down the progress of farming, but unless you are all over you computer all the time, taking the farming timer literally, then most players just plant stuff and leave it until they have some time to play again, or when they Want to play again.

So all in all, the Farming "bug" fixing, hasn't really made things better at all. Maybe for a handful of players, but you have to remember that GamezBD lost most of its Life-skilling population already. Most likely due to the silver income limitation, that GamezBD Still has in effect, which means that no new life-skillers are going to want to rejoin, because the main reason they left is still there.

The lack of produce on the Central Market is NOT going to be solved with this change, but neither will my suggestion here change that outcome. All my suggestion here will change, is the amount of Farming skill and amount of tries to get that special mole drop, that players have had access to here on GamezBD, for the past 4+ years. Changing it now will only impact the rest of the players, who will find this a problem and stop farming as much as they used to, and the new farmers will have to struggle to EVER get a mole-drop now :(

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  5. JeongERang

JeongERang Proficient

The farming bug fixed by this patch seems to have undergone serious changes in recent weeks.
    Over the past few weeks, crops have been infested with bugs and bug-killing workers have been working very often.
    And worker's action is decreases quickly, the workers eventually stopped working and the crops inside the fences were stunted.
    Because of that, more than 1000 beers(or more) per hour had to be consumed to restore the worker's action.
    Therefore, even if the current patch does not produce crop bugs and thus does not raise farming skills, the current situation is satisfactory.

Anyway, I'm hoping this patch will go back to a excessive decent bug rather than going back to the a long time ago occur with reasonable probability crops bug situation.

+ If you want to have bugs in your crops, then you have to not collocate workers on the fence.
    This situation gives me a choice. Whether I want bugs or I want growing crops.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
  6. proteo

proteo New Member

Also noticed magiical seed procs are also reduced.

7. creylith

creylith New Member

I keep checking back from time to time to see if the silver cap on trading has been lifted but not having much hope so not likely to return.

loboram likes this.