1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Vote] GamezBD renewal

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by loboram, Feb 11, 2023.

?

Create a new server?

1. yes

13.5%
  2. no

86.5%
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Playing on the official Pearl Abyss game server again, made me realize what -in my own personal experience- is lacking from GamezBD:

1. The wonderful sense of accomplishment
    2. The whole idea behind the game in the first place
    3. The fantastic possibilities in gameplay diversity
    4. The "long haul"

I am fully aware that the mainstream gamers, will take an immediate offensive stance towards this thread. Mainly because they believe that all things are easy and simple, hence their ideology of "one-way-to-play": Meaning that for Some gamers, there is Only One way to play a game "correctly". Which of course really makes no sense at all, since games are merely for having fun and enjoying yourself.

The idea behind this thread is simple;
    Remind players that this is a Private Server Project, and that it is supposed to be different from the official server, otherwise there would probably be some serious copyright issues.

Remind players how it felt to play on the official Pearl Abyss servers, as in the length of time invested, and the feeling of joy when you Finally got some long sought after item.

Remind players what the game of Black Desert Online was designed as; MMO-RPG. As in a massive game-world, with tons of things to explore, and try and do.

Why would it be such a terrible thing, to create a new server, where things progress more slowly, and where you don't get Everything thrown at you right from the start, literally making the rest of the game meaningless?

As far as I know, the GamezBD administration will never reset/wipe the GamezBD server, which would really be the best thing at this point. I do undersstand why they wouldn't want to do that, but the problems remain as many have stated: Some players have gotten a lot more than others, solely depending on when they joined and played.

If GamezBD made a server, where the progression was slowed down, amount of experience gain is proportional to the official game, and only at later stages (level 50/56/60+) get a significant boost, same is of course applied to Lifeskills and character skills, then the feeling of accomplishment would mirror what you felt, while playing on the official PA-servers.

You see what some gamers completely failed to realize, was that BDO wasn't a PvP arena game, since it at no point in time, makes it possible to viably engage in PvP, Until you already have completed most of the questlines, and gained some decent gear.
    This alone means that most of the game (about 80% of it), is played while traveling around the game-world and questing, or trying to get some item drops. Only at the very end of the game (level 62+), are you eligible for some of the end-game content, which is centered around Guilds and PvP.

In conclusion:
    How to renew GamezBD?
    Slow down progress, and make it more worthy an accomplishment, to reach the end-game content, where most players have had sufficient time to get to know their preferred character classes. This way the premise for knowing "how-to PvP", is much higher since the players have had a lot more time, to learn how to play the actual game.

Is there ANY way, that GamezBD would consider doing this, or at least change some of the most fundamental ideas, on how the game should be played and enjoyed?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2023
  2. nayavli

nayavli New Member

So, You're saying about nerf the progress of character cause doesn't have any news on the server since December? make the server HARDER without a single new shit? WTF you're talking man?
    If people want to play a hard server with a hard progress, people stay at retail.

GameZ progress is GOOD actually. Not hard and not fast too, balanced. GameZ doesn't need a full reroll and make the things harder, if this happens, only goes brake the server. Players will go leave cause doesn't have sense to play from 0 again without a new single shit at server. WE JUST NEED UPDATES!

"How to PvP" With too many Chinese/Russian cheaters like bili bili? with a huge differences of ping? its only really meaning it cuz gameZ have players from all the world. Its Impossible to balance PvP with too many difference pings from people from diferente countrys.
    Create a brand new server like u said doens't work nowadays. thats why people migrated for another servers, "easily or with more active events". Only will be a one more server like a lot that already exist

Doesn't have slow progress balanced in a server that have chinese/rich persons buying silver since I started here, in 2018...
    I said it too many times, we just need the cheaters banned, updated, more GOOD events (not only this buffs of weeknd).
    If create a new server, or reroll the actually to 0, just go make the GameZ brake like never broke :V

Fidelion and neosetcf like this.
  3. anthonylxg

anthonylxg New Member

yeah,WE JUST NEED UPDATES!

NinjaRivo and YooMin like this.
  4. Hirokaito

Hirokaito New Member

I couldn't believe to see people asking for brand new server, start from 0 with harder progression to achieve that so called The wonderful sense of accomplishment from The "long haul" progression.

If it happens, it will only make retail/original server a better place (because both are start from 0 and have long haul progression PLUS retail has 2 years ahead than gamezbd content)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    neosetcf likes this.
  5. Alegator

Alegator New Member

Если игру замедлить все уйдут на ОФФ ! там достаточно медленно и много чего падает ! НУжно сделать новых персанажей даже можно самостоятельно так как обновлений больше не будет ! если не покупать у ОФФ представителей ! а с Тестового уже не украсть Данные ! только самодельные Рисовки и квесты легко ! это можно увидеть по онлайну когда было х20 и когда х10

6. Mobit

Mobit New Member

Maybe if there's a new server, people will go to the original server.

Why? Because a new server could come out again.

Don't betray your trust.

Why do you want to lose faith?

I don't understand.

This isn't a renewal, it's a destruction.

neosetcf likes this.
  7. loboram

Quick Readers: Scroll down to bottom of page, there is a sum up of what I am trying to do with this thread.

Right on the money! If only I could've bet on this...would've been rich now :D

Okay, I see some obvious concerns here:
    @nayavli is overusing the Large text font, as if the entire reply is being yelled. However the English is a bit difficult to understand at times, which is disappointing because now I am not entirely sure how to respond.
    Sure this person is overreacting wildly, to a mere suggestion, which actually wouldn't change anything about the game server already in use:
    However this person is also using rude language, and even saying shaite about how the current server is being run. So I am not even sure if I should try to adress any of their concerns, since it is highly doubtful that they will listen to reason. In fact, if only they could learn how to read, properly read what it says in the OP (Original Post), instead of flying off the handles and launching a shiatestorm instead. Including an attack on nationalities, which is quite nationalistic, since race doesn't actually exist you have to call it what it is really is; either xenophobia, or nationalism*. (*where people of one nation, cannot tolerate anyone from any-other/another-specific nation)

I would appreciate "common sense" answers, instead of mindless attacks to the thread please. Just try to moderate yourselves, with some clear "not just copying what others have already said" ideas/suggestions/worries.

@anthonylxg please do not try to hi-jack the thread, by starting a new thread topic.

@Hirokaito @Mobit you are both coming from the same stance, as if you haven't actually really read the OP (Original Post). Both of you seem to know, exactly what everyone else in the entire world, thinks and feels about this topic.

Please remember to speak for yourselves, and not "what you heard others say"; because that doesn't mean anything really. If you know someone who wants to say something about this, then tell them to add to this thread But please, don't invite a bunch of trolls or parrots. They actually have to say something that isn't already being said.

@Alegator I find it a bit odd, that you took the time to translate the text in the OP (Origianl Post), but didn't bother with doing the same before posting your reply here. Also that this is your first post ever on this forum.
    "If the game is slowed down, everyone will go OFF! there is quite slow and a lot of things fall! You need to make new characters, you can even do it yourself, since there will be no more updates! if you do not buy from OFF representatives! and you can't steal Data from the Test one! only homemade Drawings and quests are easy! this can be seen online when it was x20 and when x10"
    Unfortunately as is plain to see, it has some serious problems that are lost in translation. So I am unable to answer your reply correctly.

So once again, for all of those who didn't bother reading anything:
    Stop saying that you know what others are thinking or feeling, because that is dellusional.
    You can only speak from your own personal experiences, and feelings.

Nothing will change, on the current GamezBD server that the GameZ-network is hosting.

In answer to your worries I would again like to point out, that gamers play games for different reasons. This means that no two gamers will like all the exact same things, about all games, or even one game.

I know that some gamers have Never ever even tried playing the Official BDO, and yet they like complaining about how bad things are here on GamezBD. It is literally impossible to tell, if someone as had experience with this game or not.

Yet from my personal experience, the official servers are very "grindy". Takes a helluva long time, to get anywhere, unless of course you create a season character, which is the best and fastest way to get anywhere on the official BDO servers.

With the introduction of the season characters to the official servers, it took away a lot of the power from the Private BDO server market, since you can now get a lot closer to the end game, by simply creating a season character and running through the main quests, which will get you a lot of stuff and reasonable gear, that can carry your family a long way. This has put a lot of pressure on the Private BDO Server community, which now have to come up with ways to entice players, to use their servers instead of the official ones, or other Private BDO servers out there.

As far as I know, there are NO other servers out there, running on a higher game version than here on the GameZ-network. I am guessing it has to do with the awesome developers, that are working for the GameZ-network. So it is more than fair to say, that GamezBD is indeed the BEST Private server project out there.
    I have NO intention of changing that in any way, shape, or form. Please try to understand that. I love GamezBD, and I can see SO much potential lying in wait here.

So...I am unsure of how to make this more clear, than I already have described.

Apparently it seems as if gamers (now I am about to throw in some personal opinions), of a certain age-group or social-economic status or mentality; want to play games but Only if the games ask nothing of them in return.

Why do I think so? Well judging from all the threads, and replies just in this forum (but pretty much all over the internet nowadays), they all seem to want things right away, without having to do anything to get them. Completely forgetting that they are playing a game, and that games are meant to be challenging as well as something you only do, if you really like doing it (playing games only if you like the games you are playing).

So let's skip all the gamers who are "too spoiled", to want to play for the things they want in-game, and let them be able to buy stuff with real-life money, on this new "slow progress" server. Forget about Pay-to-Win, let's make the GameZ-network some money.

Oh wait...Better make this a proper suggestion section.

A New GamezBD Server, options and possibilities:

1. Slow progress Like Retail in Combat and Skill Experience, until level 56 (assuming that all will use season characters), then increase gains a lot from level 62+

2. Slightly slower progress in Life-skills and character skills (breath health strength), until hitting the "soft-cap" level where the increase should be what the devs. think

3. Leave drop rates as is, x10 since they have little affect on the whole game, due to the limited amount of players, but really helps with a good Silver income

4. Leave everything regarding workers, horse training, Enhancement, Boss drops, and such as is, seems to be working just fine

5. Slow progress of Contribution Points and Energy gains Like Retail, but increase gains as players reach the various "soft-caps" stages

6. IF POSSIBLE tweak the formulars for the Central Market items handling, so the players on "GamezBD renewal" will find it worthwhile to actually use the Central Market, and make the player community actually viable for a low population (basically prices should be a lot higher in comparison to retail since there aren't 10 million players but the silver income is around 100-1000 higher)

7. IF POSSIBLE add the imaginary tax silver (the silver that is paid in taxes to some unknown person/government through various parts of the game), into a pool or bank, that can be used as reward currency for various events or whatever the devs. can think of

8. Forget the notion of Pay-To-Win, and let all the lazy and rich players spend as much as they like on the game. Opening the floodgates for "Silver-Trading", by letting players market Webshop bought items. Let them buy items, or Silver directly, or whatever they want, Doesn't Matter. If they want to spend money on the GameZ-network; just let them.

I am sure I forgot some crucial things on that list, but I think it kinda sums up, what it is I am trying to create as a suggestion.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  8. loboram

9. Hirokaito

Hirokaito New Member

upload_2023-2-14_17-28-46.png

If you look at the vote this thread is done for already since the beginning no need to continue

10. loboram

o_O:D:p:rolleyes::argh::facepalm::banghead:

Hmm, this is SO amazingly funny to me. I am just astonished that you could think, that after a couple of days up, and only 10 votes, the entire thread is done. Wow...just wow...talk about some bad trolling.

11. Hirokaito

Hirokaito New Member

I wasnt trolling, your idea is more like hindering Kolka and gamezbd team rather than helping them to progress update by adding unecessary works and non-sense for gamezbd team, asking another new server with harder progression. Do you know how hard to make one, and TEST it again from the scratch? Why not keep improving the one we already have?

This is also SO amazingly funny to me, players who spent so many hours maximzing their rank to guru 50, bought all house decorations, outfits, lvl 70 character and having all end game stuffs in game follow you to A BRAND NEW SERVER, start with 0 PLUS harder progression for the SAKE of wonderful sense of accomplishment by doing the long haul as you said above o_O

And the vote number got worse day by day, accept that fact
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    Fidelion and neosetcf like this.
  12. JoyBlacK

JoyBlacK New Member

There is no need to talk so much. Say that you can't change the old version of the game with the new update and the conversation will stop. If you restart the server and the game stops, no one clicks the stop button anymore.

13. loboram

Alright, from your point of view, however limited it might be, I can see that this could be true.

The thing is, the changes I asked for, have been asked for in many different Suggestions, already made. So nothing new really, also the creation of another server, was a means with which to create something new, perhaps even better than the current system. To add to that, creating a server isn't really as hard as you seem to think, not once you already have a server doing the exact same thing. A few tweaks here and there, and the new server could be up and running in about a couple if weeks, with only 2-4 people working on it.

It will be a LOT harder to make the huge server changes, that so far have eluded the Development team. Now of that I am aware, but as I have stated quite a few times now, the idea was to create a place, where the GamezBD server build, could truly shine! No more "easy-gaming" for the people, who don't really want to play the games, that require something of them.

I could continuously defend this suggestion, however what is clear now, is how many trolls are willing to create dual Forum-accounts, against the rules by the way, just to be able to write another nonsense reply to this thread.

I understand that there are some players on GamezBD, that have already voiced their opinions, and do not want to see a new server created. For many more, it could just be the thing, that would bring them back to GamezBD. But it is not something that can be speculated about, hence my attempt at a "fair" voting thread.

When I say "fair", I am of course referring to the many other times, on this forum, where a large guild or three, have had their members go onto the forum page, just to trumph something through. It is quite obvious that the majority do not really rule, it is only the ones who can germinate enough emotional outrage, that get things done :D

@JoyBlacK you seriously created a forum account just for that reply?

14. Empire

Empire New Member

It needs the opposite of this.. Increase the rare drops so they are actually 10 times rates like they are supposed to be and The team needs to communicate via the forums since a lot of people don't have telegram. Will we even see an update this year or will the server completely die?

15. YEPclock

YEPclock New Member

I hate to break this to you but if GamezBD droprates are too low, black desert is not a game for you....

loboram likes this.
  16. loboram

It was already mentioned, but yeah, the drop rates here on GamezBD, certainly aren't the real problem.

I've already "run out of breath" while playing on the Pearl Abyss servers. Droprates...you should really try making a season character on the Official Servers...think you might get to try in around April...That way you can at least see for yourselves, that the droprates here are indeed very generous. More importantly who is to say where the droprates are, other than the people who worked on it.

17. Empire

Empire New Member

Already full geared lol been playing this server from day. The drop rates in this server are trash.. almost retail like when they are supposed to be 10x rates.

18. Empire

Empire New Member

It's part of the problem for sure since most of the player base jumped ship to the other pserver since it's better to gear up. The server needs to be made easy for new players in order for it to grow again.

19. loboram

20. Empire

Empire New Member

What ever helps you sleep at night kid.

Your entire take is retarded and the reason why the server has died.

moathphonix likes this.