1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What happened to the item drop rate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKaiser, Sep 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeper0fElder

Keeper0fElder Keeper Guild Moon

I take care of my guild and communicate with many on this server. And I hear from people only the same thing. Drop and sharpen things. In the meantime, we will try to prove to you that if the project does not die, you will lose all the other people. I told Kolka that people leave the server in guilds and I'm not the only one who says this all the time, but you don't care. You are asking to prove something, you dropping online to 400 people is not proof of your not being wrong?

Even entering an update with a new character will not change the situation of players online. On the official server, the administration deals with the balance of the auction, which we do not have. (I understand that this is very difficult and problematic, but this is your project and creating it you should have understood what problems may arise) Everyone likes the server, but what the administration does does not suit many people and you yourself see it on people's online. With this development, 200 people will soon play if the administration does not change something. (Something is a drop and a chance of sharpening)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  2. Keeper0fElder

And Bro, we are waiting for some kind of response from the administration (@Kolka ,@Carl ) and not an active person who answers here as an answering machine on the forum. Everything is stated more than clearly and in fact. Well, no, no, let's see how YOU speak when 200 people play on the EU server. And YOU will remember our words.

Check out the latest video from the developers on game balance. And this is not an official server. This is a private server , it has its own world .

in fact, we only have free pearls here and nothing more

3. Keeper0fElder

We've been playing here for more than one year, not two years! And much more. And We want the server to live and prosper and people to play! And you want that there would be no people left. Online number of people you actual figure

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hmmm, alright, that seems to be a fair point, however are you aware of how the developers here on GamezBD, actually create the server code and implement it?

If not then it just seems as a complaint, and not really advancing the Discussion, right?

Hmmm, and this you know with absolute certainty, because You work for Pearl Abyss on the server code they implement? Or is it just something someone has said somewhere at some point in time?

Just asking because Pearl Abyss sure as heck doesn't give out that information.

I have been around, since before they created the EU server. I have seen the flux in populations. I have asked countless times, of the GamezBD community, to please enter this Forum, and add their voices, to the MANY suggestions made here.

However if the GamezBD population, isn't engaging with the different Suggestions, or even just coming in here and voting on them, then how on Earth are things going to progress?

Perpetuating false rumours, certainly isn't going to help this community, and the more any of you keep insisting: "this server is dying/dead", the more mindless followers of mainstream ideology will just abadon this project, Because someone else told them to. Can you see the problem?

Wow "Keeper0fElder", you seem to be going off the rails here. Several replies on a row, instead of just editing the first reply, everytime you thought of more to add.

Also it really seems, as if you have just completely given up, on the premise of Discussion here as well. You are mainly just complaining, and accusing GamezBD of everything that is wrong.

So let's try to keep this civil, as well as on track (I really thought this was going to work out easily after my last reply):

1. Loss of players is mainly due to the fickle nature of "new" gamers. New games are released, or old games just get boring after a while, or new servers are opened. LOADS of different reasons for loss of population.

2. Perceived decrease in drop rates is exactly what it says; Perceived. Now there might be some mechanism, that make it more tangible, for instance: Changes to the drop rates incorporated into the Retail-server code, or perhaps fixing bugs that unfairly made certain areas -or specific items- drop more often than intended, or perhaps it is just because the idea that you can somehow quantify RANDOM droprates is completely delusional?

3. Lack of items on the Central Market, this does seem a lot more straight forwards though. The limitation on Lifeskill Silver income, here on GamezBD meant that the community lost a LOT of players. There are many that really enjoy the many different aspects of this game, but GamezBD management chose to put emphasis, on the mainstream gaming aspect of this game instead. This meant that they were catering to the players who wanted PvP, more than any other types of players, at least in the beginning. After about 2-3 years they expanded, and tried to include more types of players, but by then it was widely known, that GamezBD weren't prioritizing "Lifeskillers".

Lack of different types of players, here on GamezBD. Lack of general interest in this game, after so long on the market. The fact that this game, isn't like ANY other game, on the market at this moment in time. There are MANY factors, that are at play here, other than "perceived decrease in droprates", all that add to the lack of population at this point in time.

I say, like Kolka has said, let's wait until the three biggest Private Servers, other than GamezBD, have shut down in about 3-6 months. Then there will once again, be an influx of players, and perhaps enough to move the project along. It is unknown at this point in time, whether GamezBD will loose its population forever, or just for a short time period as before.

The problem with this handful of players here though, is that they are spreading false information, and destabilizing the faith/belief that GamezBD will continue being a strong, as well as ultimately the best, Private BDO server out there.
    It is well known, that there has been a huge population loss. That is just a fact. Not something to start speculating on, nor is it time "to desert a sinking sink", as these players will make you believe. It is however "time to weather the storm", and hopefully this wonderful project will continue forwards, for future shores of prosperity.

Can we please return to some form of Discussion now, instead of more false information and speculation?

5. Keeper0fElder

How much water are you talking about. The essence of the dialogue is not about that. People who apply in this post have been playing for more than a year or even two! And enough already, I have the rights as the founder of my guild and as an accompanying person who introduced more than 300 people to the server, helping to join this project and helping these people get to know this server only from the positive sides and not just aggression and pvp like some. I can calmly declare such changes and the people with whom I communicate and play confirm my words, We have been saying this for more than a year. We are not children 13 years old in adults who are able to count the pros and cons! And the reverent retention of the administration to keep the foundations of the official server has led to the fact that at the moment there are 1,000,000,000 times more bonuses and events on the official server, unlike this project at the moment! And yes, you brought me out with your stupidity and idle talk! Do you even play on a server? Miracle ANALYST?! Well, or someone from your retinue has been playing on the official server for a long time ???? Or are you only rumored to direct the direction of this project? I indicated above that there is no desire to listen to your arguments, and personally I and other people want to hear an answer from the Administration and not from you.

Once again I repeat from the above written posts.
    1. Most of the people are people aged 30+ years and they sometimes don’t have time to play, let alone go to the forum (There are guild founders and their officers for this)
    2. I don’t see any problems adding at least 10 actual events in the same way as on the official server for 4.5 years of the project’s existence, this can be done, and Kolka can do this without problems knowing his knowledge of the server part of the game and the general concepts of this game.
    3. Personally, my friend, I will answer you now, not in 2010, and you will not drag the entire server into the forum. Most of the community of people in this game is very shy ( And for expressing general thoughts on the forum, I represent their interests)
    4. If the administration at least once listened to those who play at least a little on this project, then online would not fall, but would be stable.
    But in fact. These are ancient and not relevant events, this is a dead auction that the administration does not try to balance in any way, thereby killing the craft directions on the server and people's unwillingness to play. Cutting % drop and enchant chances is a stupid idea to keep people away when you figure it out! When will it come to you that your path is not the one expected by those hundreds of people who have not left the project yet!? On this wonderful note, I will end the discussion and we will wait for a response from more competent people, that is, the Server Administration.

6. Keeper0fElder

And personally you @loboram and people like you. This is a game and people here are trying to relax and enjoy the game and not arrange a breed on the official server. And in most cases, seeing what is actually happening here, people will not prove anything to anyone, but silently leave the project. And the fall of online players to you and the administration is a clear indicator of this. You began to forget what a game and communication between people is.

And block people in the telegram channel who love this project and wish it only development, and ban people on the forum and write them back off with their ideas and treat them like it’s not clear to whom. Well guys, then don't be surprised that people leave. I told this to one person about 3 years ago, only then it seemed to him when there were 1500 people on the server and I already told him then that with such an attitude and behavior, 500 people would play here in a couple of years.

7. Keeper0fElder

upload_2022-9-25_4-24-6.png
    Here is a vivid proof of your words and prove your attitude towards people. You have forgotten what a game is and what people are.

8. aaronmatthew

aaronmatthew Getting there

yes i do know this for certian because they said so in their patch notes

9. DKaiser

DKaiser New Member

Well, taking into account everything that was said by others, apparently the server is really not doing well. I've been back to a measly week and a half, but I'm being bombarded with so much bad news that I'm disheartened.
    Today I found out that some of my old guild members are now on the official server... and that's really scary stuff.

At the end of the day, I always hope the server gets better, but apparently that will take some time. I hope that in the next update something will improve.

10. hotdaawwwg

hotdaawwwg Getting there

"Until we prove something to you, the server will simply die"
    Will the server die because there is no proof? You're dramatizing the situation because you got no proof despite the fact that there is more than enough people that grind on the server to prove anything if there is such a thing as an actual issue on the droprates.

"the best proof is the fall of the online server. "
    You are so fixated on that one issue you created based on your own feelings that you can't even admit that there could be other issues that contribute to the diminishing population of a private server other than droprate which is sad.

"those who have been playing here for more than 4 years, do not know and do not understand anything."
    After 4 years you're going to tell us that none of these people have ever once clicked on the "record" button for the loot record menu to make either a spreadsheet, a simple note, or just to flex what you would be making in an hour of grinding? It thook me only a handfull of hours to do the same for hunting when sniping was bugged and guess what they ended up fixing the issue cause there was actual proof and work done instead of just coming on the forum to cry about "my feelings and others opinion" on a specific issue.

"And in response to why We answer here because we do not sit at computers 24 hours, we also have life"
    We all have a life but some would rather waste their time writing unfounded statement rather than contributing to the bettering of the whole system with actual facts and logic.

Someone already pointed out the 3 problems people keep pointing out and if you think you know better than the devs, please come out with ACTUAL numbers and data and provide meaningful solution that would neither fuck with the economy or the community as a whole.

Also little reminder that BDO is a circular economy that demands enough people and supply for the market to run smoothly between Lifeskiller and Grinders, if all the leftover alchemist had committed self forever sleep like they did, well no wonder getting elixir would be close to impossible. Yet complaining about how much elixirs a single craft make wouldn't come close to being a reasonable solution.:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention but not matter how much you love this game and how much private server rates are high if you got a life that prevent you from spending hours of your life playing everyday, BDO is THE worst game you could ever invest your time into as it is literaly designed to make you waste your time and money.

loboram likes this.
  11. loboram

I can easily see, well at least I can imagine, how this would seem from your point of view. A returning player, and seeing the lack of population, as well as Central Market in ruins. That is completely fair, and I think that anyone who really likes this game, or at least the BDO game here on GamezBD, will say that it is sad to see the server in this state.

Unfortunately this is out of our hands, because of these things (or at least my opinion based on facts and reason):
    1. Pearl Abyss are ultimately the ones, who run the whole show here. They are the ones who created the entire game, the game mechanics, and who are altering the game content as well as adding to it. This means that there are many aspects of this server here on GamezBD, that are "locked in" because of how management wants things to work here.
    2. GamezBD development isn't without fault. There are some areas of the game, that are beyond their reach, as it would impact the game client (I think not sure). In any case, this means that there are things, that the GamezBD developers cannot tamper with.
    3. It isn't the players on GamezBD who are running the game, it is the managment of GamezBD. This means that the game will progress according to their plans. The developers will work on whatever the owner says will be the next step, unless of course the owner doesn't really care and it is up to the Devs.
    4. Gamers will play what they like, or what is "hot/cool/hyped/best top" at the time. This is not something that any of us can change, luckily. So if there are players on GamezBD, who are constantly saying things like, "the server is dying/dead, the server sucks and has shit droprates, the server has no population at all, the server is just bad in comparison to others, it is better to play on Retail BDO" and so on...I do hope that you are all aware of what you are contributing to, right?
    5. The Central Market has been a hot topic over the years, even before it became the CM. So you can find some threads about suggestions, as well as worries about that topic. Unfortunately Kolka told us way back then, that trying to "Fix" the Central Market code, was going to be impossibly difficult to begin with, and then Everytime GamezBD added some new content, they would have to rewrite the entire Central Market code again, to add the new items and IDs. Kolka also said that trying to "regulate" the CM was an abysmal task. It would require someone ALways monitoring the CM, and making adjustments 24/7. They cannot have people working around the clock, and it would only be a matter of time, before someone figured out how to exploit that aspect, for their own personal gain, instead of having an economy based around the Players.
    So...While this might relieve some of you, even while breaking the forum rules, looking at you @Keeper0fElder, it isn't really helping at all. After all, this was supposed to be a discussion, about how the server is doing now. According to the Original Post, all we had to do here, was answer a question, even if it was posted in the wrong section :D

Really simply put:

GamezBD is doing great in terms of content, and custom stuff, as well as working out bugs and implementing more retail-like content. However there are aspects that are detracting from the overall experience, of playing BDO here on GamezBD.

For instance the limitations of Life-skill silver income, they are still in place, at 400 million per day, for ALL life-skill income, except horses (and one more cannot remember).

Another aspect is that there has been a reduction of players, both on the NA server and the EU server. The EU server has taken the biggest hit, but it might very well be because so many new Private servers, have opened up all around the world. It might just be because, the game no longer holds the interest, of the majority of the players, who used to play here often.

Frankly it is just speculating at this point, as the number of reasons, for the loss of population on the GamezBD servers, is as vast as there are personal opinions.

Really hope that answered your question DKaiser ;)

12. Trump

Trump New Member

I agree with these guys about the drop rate (it's a joke).. at this point is so obvious that we literally don't need any spreadsheets or to kill 10-20k mobs to prove it.

I spent 8h straight in Thornwood and didn't get one Omni ring (and I practically 1-2 shot whole groups in there - you tell me if that's 20 or 50k mobs =)).

In Star End, I get 2-3 Distro's per hour - every single time (guaranteed!).

But my biggest disappointment isn't the drop rate for rare items, my biggest disappointment is how hard and how long it takes (for the average player) to get to 300AP, 400DP and NOT be able to easily farm 1b silver per hour (at that GS) on this private server by simply killing mobs while watching Netflix - is an absolute joke.

PS: the more people complain and the more forum threads are made about it the better IMO.

13. loboram

Hmmm, guessing your chosen forum name isn't a fluke, but a deliberate attempt, again, to try to devalue GamezBD?

I don't know, but it really seems as if there are people, who come to GamezBD, with the express purpose of trying to cast a shadow on the community, instead of just being players on it.

There are a lot of things happening right now, and sure you can all just complain, or you can just keep playing. I've recently been going to the Retail server, in order to make a very factual point, of exactly how different the drop rates are, between GamezBD and the retail server. Will create a thread, where I can show without a doubt, that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong at all, with the drop rates here on GamezBD in comparison to the retail BDO.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  14. Trump

Trump New Member

I do not care about any drop rates on the retail server. I don't play on the retail server.

You are the only person here trying to defend GamezBD out of thin air, literally, everyone on this forum thread is in agreement the drop rates are sh*t for a private server and that's that, you can choose to ignore what people say it's up to you but it doesn't change the reality.

PS: GamezBD has devalued itself they don't need me for that, hahaha!

Also, my name could be Mary Poppins its none of your concern.

15. loboram

Really? So I am guessing you haven't read the whole thread then...yeah what should I expect of that forum name :p

16. Trump

Trump New Member

Grow up you're embarassing yourself.

17. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Since server start we have x10 drop increase rate and its never changes. Item drop increase rate its a chance to obtain item. If item chance on retail 0.0003% then on gamez x10 its become 0.003% if item chance 10% its become 100% on gamez. But if item chance already 100% then x10 mean 1000% - result will be same item just will appear in drop no matter on 100 or 100000%. So if u want fair compare - just disable drop filter, remove value pack (which add 1000 weight customly on gamez) and compare and u will see that you inventory will be overweight x10 faster than retail.

Kizumii and loboram like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.