1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What to play, what to play?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by xGenocide, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

You with the face! You listen to me, and you listen good. I do NOT like playing classes that can be easily played or have skills that are without a doubt imba, chanter seems like a really fun class and it looks like they're hard to master and play correctly. With that said, I made an Elyos chanter named Audacity. I have no idea where, what, who, how goes down on the Asmo side since I play Elyos retail, and I wouldn't want to play Asmo without someone who knows where to go, plus they look weird. ._.

2. Teilak

Teilak Banned

No pervy jokes in here!

3. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Imo you should give it a try, thats half of the fun to gaming - exploring and finding out where stuff is, and enjoying the sights along the way.

Most of the reason I love asmo side is because its not all just pretty forests and sun_shine, there are places you can go with beauty (ie: Gelkmaros, and that one level 20-50 asmodian only zone that I forgot the name of because I'm an idiot), but theres also serene areas with lots of snow and desolation to it, and a feeling that really brings immersion. Theres volcanoes, and deserts, and giant mushrooms with houses inside!

I dunno, I just feel like Asmodians have a much richer gaming experience with their zones and stuff, and its something I'd recommend trying out at some point or another

4. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

Sorry, I wasn't trying to bring this about :3 I was just saying this is what happens with most players on Siel.

But like Edi said, don't throw away the other classes so easily. It all comes down to what you enjoy, and I know for sure some people don't enjoy the diversity, and fewer dps skills that the Chanter has.

5. Yazuki

Yazuki Proficient

Class I enjoy playing the most is Sins but the state of Sins on Gamez Lumiel is very depressing and it prevents me from enjoying the class to the fullest =|

6. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

I understand what you and Lucent are saying, I've played alot of classes on retail, pretty much everything except a chanter and like an assassin, and I guess giving asmo a shot wouldn't be a bad choice, seeing as I've never seen what's on their side. I know I won't go glad just because dual-wielding is pretty much obsolete with all the stigmas, MAYBE sorc as a side project just to dabble around in the OP-ness ( no pun intended c: ).

7. Sycth

Sycth Banned Forum Legend

Well this is a High-Rate server so you can level most classes to 55 in 2 hours with Premium/VIP account (purchase with donations and/or credits)

So you could try them out without worrying about wasting your time.

8. Lucent

I kinda disagree, I actually have less fun grinding on high rates to max level than I do on low/retail rates (not to say I enjoy the time it takes anyway), so I absolutely hate making new characters x.x

9. Teilak

Teilak Banned

Also what gear do you plan on using?

10. Sycth

Sycth Banned Forum Legend

True, once you have done something many times it does get boring but if he was to roll Asmo, that grind to 55 on say like 2 characters (Sin or Chanter) would not be that bad

11. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

Depends if I like the server or not, if I do I might invest some money. I don't know how you'd manastone a chanter in Gamez, parry/crit?

12. Lucent

Theres lots of different options, I've done great using Crit until cap (take your mantra usage into consideration) and then the rest into attack

but when I used to solo on Lumiel (when Lumiel had all stigmas, mind you) I used full HP manastones and it worked great, but I was also in full ABG everything so thats something you might want to keep in mind if you go for a defensive build

A lot of people recommend MR and its good but personally it has too few uses for a survivability build, its just simply amazing when you do go up against someone it'll work on.

13. xGenocide

xGenocide Banned

Thanks for all the feedback, btw, I'm really enjoying the forums and what everyone has to offer. o:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.