1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Windows 11 Official Release] Couldn't start the game 0301 C000007B ()

Discussion in 'Problems' started by null, Dec 19, 2021.

1. null

null New Member

upload_2021-12-19_18-56-17.png

cazius likes this.
  2. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Install all available Windows updates via Check for update and reboot PC.

3. null

null New Member

upload_2021-12-20_19-34-51.png

Doesn't work, the smartguard is incompatible with Windows 11 stock version.

cazius and xaver like this.
  4. weatherbeaten

weatherbeaten New Member

same problem, i did all updates too

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    cazius and xaver like this.
  5. j0sele0nard0

j0sele0nard0 New Member

same problem
    any resolve?

cazius, weatherbeaten and xaver like this.
  6. cazius

cazius New Member

Same problem and everything updated. No progress with the error?

7. leandrobarbon

leandrobarbon New Member

same problem, any solution? :(

8. cazius

cazius New Member

I have sent an email to support@smart-guard.eu explaining the problem, since it is their problem since it blocks access to several of us that have Windows 11, and since it is not due to update problems (since in my case everything is up to date) It's their mistake, so I'm waiting for an answer from Smart Guard, to see if we can solve this once and for all. Because having this thread open since 2018 and that the maximum solution they can provide is to update the system when we say that most of it is updated here... instead of contacting the company that provides the security to your server that It is the one that causes this problem to several of its users and that they can give some explanation or solution to said case, instead of letting it go for 4 years. When I have any answer from Smart Guard I will put it here

9. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

10. pyrown

pyrown New Member

11. loboram

Just find it odd, that you say that you have tried that list, when the last item on the list, is about the smartguard

12. shikuya

shikuya New Member

I know it's been a while, but I hope you're still somewhat active and reading this. Have you gotten any answer from the smartguard support? I am having the same issue, running Win11 21H2.
    All the things I have done so far, had no effect. my drivers are up to date etc. would be cool if someone had any idea why the smartguard service can't start..

13. loboram

Please check the first of my Fixing Errors Links, in my signature. The solution at the end might lend some help.

14. shikuya

shikuya New Member

I tried your tips, but sadly none of them worked for me. I always end up getting the 0301 C000007B () error. :(

15. shikuya

shikuya New Member

Makes me wonder why they did update smartguard then..
    upload_2022-4-11_20-45-37.png

But if there's nothing I can do, guess the best thing is to wait and eventually check back.
    Just in case, could CPU virtualization be an issue? I use it for Hyper-V. Maybe smartguard doesn't like that..?

16. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Client perfectly works with latest Windows 11. We didn't support outdated and Insider Preview (test) builds.

loboram likes this.
  17. shikuya

shikuya New Member

I found the cause of the error (in my case).

Since I use Hyper-V for my work, I have to rely on AMD's virtualization feature in the BIOS/UEFI, which is called SVM.
    Apparently smartguard doesn't like virtualization features and straight up gives me the error code above. I turned off SVM in the BIOS, rebooted my system and the game started without any hesitation.
    For testing purposes, I rebooted to BIOS again, turned on SVM and the game refused to start again.

TL;DR - smartguard doesn't like virtualization features (SVM/VT-X) being turned on.

ryuuzasenpai and loboram like this.
  18. cazius

cazius New Member

Nothing, they never answered me. I'm sorry, in fact I still have the problem since every so often I reinstall it to see if they solved it, they can say a thousand things like you don't have the updated W11 and blah blah blah. In my case I have the W11 up to date, it is original, the graphic card has been updated to the maximum and it does not work. I also tried it on another PC with W11 and nothing, that's why I'm surprised that some people can say that on their W11 it works for my eyes that's a miracle that I haven't been able to touch no matter how much I've formatted, the only way it started me It was with a W10 but here's the thing, having a PC with integrated graphics and another dedicated from AMD, I always get the game with the integrated graphics and I can't force the game executable to start with the dedicated one since it doesn't open through an .exe file... In short, you can only play on W10 and in my case it's impossible for me to get it to take the dedicated graphics card, so when it comes to FPS it sucks since I have the dedicated one eating popcorn while my grandfather works. I have looked at a thousand threads in the forum and nobody speaks or gives a solution to this, both to the problem of W11 and to the problem of the graph, I have not found any solution neither in the forum nor outside. a pity the truth

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    TonyZhang likes this.
  19. loboram

@cazius I know things can be frustrating at times, even I take a "chat dump" on occasion. However it isn't "really easy" to figure out why something is happening, unless you are there in person, and can check the computer setup, software, hardware, as well as BIOS settings.

This is the reason I asked you to make a search, what I actually meant was to make a websearch, because that's where I found a possible solution for your graphics card.

In regards to the W11 problem:
    If you check the Windows version, you will see if you have the version build that GamezBD supports or not.