1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Game crashes randomly and goes black screen.

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Nymtoxin, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nymtoxin

Nymtoxin New Member

i can stay logged into the character or server select screen for hours with no issues but the second im in game i have between 30 seconds and 5 mins before i either get a random black screen while the game sound plays still and it forces my to close the game completely or my game just crashes to the desktop with no warning. i have followed instructions on many threads from the forums here and from the real BDO forums. i haven't been able to resolve my problem. the best ive been able to do is prolong it happening.

If any1 has the time and know how to fix my problem help would be appreciated.

2. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

Make sure your video card drivers are up to date. If the problem is not with the drivers, let me know your character name maybe it's stuck in bugged area.

3. a3lii

a3lii New Member

I've had this problem a few times, but it was because of my ram/32 bit client. BDO is resource heav(ish), so opening up other programs can end up causing your game to crash like that - like Chrome for example. Alternatively events with high population can cause crashes too as my graphics card freaks out even when in medium settings, so when going into boss events.. definitely turn down your graphics card to 'optimisation mode'. But your problem is definitely driver/resource issues.. the character, or server select screen hardly uses any system memory (ram).

4. Nymtoxin

Nymtoxin New Member

yea its deff not my character being stuck cus i can og on and walk around go kill stuff and what not. it just happens randomly while im playing but i can never play any longer than about 10 minutes. my drivers are up to date its one of the fixes i followed while looking on the forums. alsi ive turned my setting all the way down to see if that did anything and it only made it do it more often which is odd. so i play on medium settings. if i go any higher i cant even log in.

5. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

Definitely video card issue then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.