1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Horse Training-Wagons-Lifespan

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Aug 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I KNOW I KNOW ALREADY!

This topic can be found in about 100 different aspects now, even think the title "Horse-Training" has already been used like at least 20 times now.

BUT since the latest changes to the Mount Experience progression, I would like to offer some solutions.

Back when I started playing on EU (right after it was made), you could level a T8 to level 30 in just about 8 hours, give or take an hour.
    Then they adjusted it to around 10 hours, then again to 12 hours, back then all the horses had about half the value they have now.
    However with the latest change in multiplier for mount experience (despite this being a server with x10 for most things) it now takes just about 50 hours, give or take 5 hours or more, for the same leveling process which brings me to the solution I want to offer to the problem of WAGONS-lifespan.

Right now the wagon-lifespan is the same, not increased by the same amount the horse training was decreased, so it now takes almost a whole Mechant-wagon to train only two batches of T8's, which is an insane expense in materials and actual time for the workers to create in comparison to how it used to be. NOW it can ONLY be useful if you put in all the time and effort to craft a Kamasilvia-Wagon which has endless lifespan, if you want to horse train. THAT is the problem I want to highlight, I used to be able to level 3-5 batches on one Merchant wagon, now only 2 1/2 which again makes horse training quite useless.

MEANING: The loud-mouthed PvP'ers moaning and crying over the basic core-game-functions like being able to AFK-money making, have finally won over the players who actually get what this game is about (NOT a PvP arena game), and who play it for fun more than anything else, like games were meant to be.

SO how about increasing wagon-lifespans in the same order so it is not another function getting left behind because no one wants to do it for NO payout from doing it, like pretty much ALL other Crafting has become, discounting Alchemy and Cooking.

RevelationsOn and vagabond13 like this.
  2. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Yeah, I had to stack up my merchant and noble wagons workers in altinova and calpheon just to make sure that I won't be out of stock lol.
    I am not counting anymore but I think for a T7 4 set of level 1 horses, you need like 3-4 wagons if you leave your computer or computers turned on during horse wagon training.
    It takes like around 3days+ convert it to hours, to have a level 30. Hence, doing a change on the horse wagon lifespan should help a lot.

loboram likes this.
  3. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Up for this, WE need this. Even if we buy the horse exp+ in the pearl shop it's still eating up a lot of life on horse wagons. I have endless supply of it but how about the others who don't? :(

4. Chak

Chak New Member

let the game be fun!! just upgread Horse exp rates to 9 or 10!! plz !!!

5. CLANNADaniel

CLANNADaniel Proficient

I don't know about the actual data but the Manos Riding Crop seems more appealing for horse training, giving 50% more afk speed. Taking into account that this speed doesn't work on wagons and that the exp they receive is shared, half the exp for each horse if they are 2. Is it really worth it in the first place to wagon horses now?
    I think wagons' purpose after Manos is just trading isn't it?

loboram likes this.
  6. loboram

Thanks for the insightful answer there @CLANNADaniel, you are indeed right about the riding crop, it is the most efficient when used on a horse instead of a wagon, although it still adds a bit of Training Mastery Skill points.
    However about Training Horses in batches, does make a lot of sense, regardless of the experience splitting and amount of time taken, since it is about the amount of horses at level 30 and ready to breed it all comes down to. Training one Horse at a time might seem like the best thing to do, but it will inevitably take some time away, where yoru character is still riding the horse back and forth even though it has reached level 30. I know it might not sound like a problem, but it is still a bit of wasted time and effort, so if you use a wagon instead, you get near zero wasted time, and after the training period have access to several horses which you then can Breed into even more horses :)

7. loboram

Yeah, I got a Conversation (Private Message) from you about this, and I told you to make a thread about it in suggestions, but I guess you already figured that out, however this thread is about Wagon-Life-Span, so you would have to make a new thread about this. Also before you do, this has already been discussed an amazing amount of times, and it will always be up to the upper-echelon-Staff (not me), to make the call about how this affects the overall balance of the game.

Especially if it leads to the majority of the server just being AFK instead of actively playing the game.

8. Chak

Chak New Member

When the experience rate was not changed, there were many people at that time, and the chat room was very lively! And now you haven't found that the whole game has changed? The game is not just a farm monster, but the farm monster is very tiring! Removed the horse experience, resulting in novice players and leisure players lost most of their income! You can only fight in the direction of the farm monsters in the direction you think (from google transla)

9. loboram

Hey @Chak I am not the one to make the decicions as I clearly stated in my earlier reply to you...I do not know how to make that clear to you, but I do agree that there Should be more ways of making in-game silver than just grinding all the time :(

10. Killings

Killings Skin over Skill

In my oppinion its not necessery to increase the Lifetime of a wagon. They are realy easy to made and when u are bored of crafting just take around 3 Weeks time and build
    https://bdocodex.com/us/design/8510/?sl=1

nomore problems :)

11. loboram

Alright...it is clear that some players want to extend the Wagon-Life-Spans, and fewer who say that there is no need, however it is still up to the developers and upper-echelon-staff, to decide -and most of all discuss- what effects this might have in general on the gameplay and balance.

Gonna just close this thread...as it seems to have been answered and discussed enough for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.