1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

How about you get some active admins then?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Suckapunch, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Suckapunch

Suckapunch New Member

Continuation on my last thread since it was closed & I have more to say on the subject.

You shouldn't be relying solely on players reporting with proof. That is just absurd. Not everyone has the HD space to record their gameplay 24/7 just so they can catch the 2 minutes out of their day to where they see a speed hacker zoom by, or the 2 mins of their day where they get insta killed by some random fuck speed hacking around. Get some active GM's to moderate these things. That is what they were for in retail. Even on official they actually monitored things actively.

I don't have a problem getting actual proof, but honestly, that is just dumb that you guys aren't monitoring things. Thats basically asking for all the hackers in the world to take over your server. Hell, its pretty much saying "Hey, we don't monitor things on the server, so you could be hacking and we would never know without the player base submitting proof, so you might as well go for broke."

So here's my suggestion;

Get some staff that you can trust to actively monitor things and keep an eye on players who are getting called out on hacking, and ban once they are caught red handed. Clearly there is zero encryption of the packets to/from the server since speed hacking is possible, which in itself is literally asking hackers to run rampant. Let's use our heads here and come up with a better solution than purely relying on the player base to do ----->YOUR<----- work.

I mean, you could of even replied with, "thanks for letting us know, since you don't have proof, we'll need to look into it", and I would've been happy with that. The additude of "can't even look into it, no proof, didnt happen" is just ignorant and honestly kind of rude towards your playerbase.

Regardless, prepare for all the shit posting of the speed hackers with video proof. There is about to be like 30 reports from me with video proof in the next week of players speed hacking.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Kyro, Kabylake and jameskiller2017 like this.
  2. kungputte

kungputte New Member

I agree of the admin part but lay so much time to get hackers will not matter aslong as it is PVE based servers.

3. Suckapunch

Suckapunch New Member

Not sure I understand what you mean about PVE based servers. BDO is a pvp/pve game, and always will be.

4. kungputte

kungputte New Member

Yes but the open pvp is switched off right?

5. Suckapunch

Suckapunch New Member

Nope, its just like retail in terms of pvp. You can literally flag up anywhere that is a pvp zone on anyone over level 50. And to be 100% clear, that is not something that should ever be changed. If you change that, no one will be playing on the server anymore lol. I'm sure well over half of us are here for the pvp, and only pve to get gear progression.

6. kungputte

kungputte New Member

aa allright, but dont take me wrong i think you have right and i like the ideas, i hope to see more admins active overall, right now its just a few active in the server chat ;)

7. Suckapunch

Suckapunch New Member

Few? I've seen literally zero admins on at all since I started playing 4 days ago. During that time I've counted over 20 players, maybe even 30+, speed hacking blatantly & been killed by a number of them in open world pvp.

Hell, theres even a few people leveling horses that AFK with their speed hack on in Heidel City. Granted its a pretty small speed hack compared to what I see most people doing, but it's still speed hacking.

Also these suggestions come from someone who has experience running SEVERAL private servers for several games, with large successful communities (me).

8. kungputte

kungputte New Member

Then its a big problem if they wanna keep players online ;) as i said, i agree

9. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

I'm around, if not with my GM account then with my legit. I know what is going on but I can't be online 24/7 just to catch hackers. If you have any good video send it to me via PM here on forums or on discord.

10. Suckapunch

Suckapunch New Member

Alright, cool, that makes me feel quite a bit better about the server knowing that there is admins keeping an eye out. Communication is king my friend!

And will do. I'll be on policing duty here the next week or so. Gonna go grab a different recording suite since OBS and this BDO refuse to work together. Thank you for the communication.

If you guys need more admins, let me know, or just open up applications on the forums for it. I'm sure quite a few people would be interested in helping out. I have lots of experience running servers as mentioned above in my last post, and I take rules very seriously when in a position such as GMing. I'm a fair, but strict admin/GM when I am one.

11. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

Right now we don't have any plans to hire anymore GMs or Moderators, but we will at launch.

12. kungputte

kungputte New Member

Good awnser. Are you going to req more modoratiors?