1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Option for afk message

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lumoz, Nov 21, 2020.

?

Would you like to see an /afk option to lessen confusion when afk or writing to ppl beeing afk?

1. Yes, plz.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, thx.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. lumoz

lumoz Proficient

Hey everyone,
    i have a suggestion, that i have in mind for over a year now.
    I would love to see a /afk option where ppl that write me while im afk can see it, maybe even with a message that i could specify, or at least some sort of "player is afk at the moment" info to the one writing me.
    It bugged me for to long now (not gamez specific, but in bdo in general) and i cant wrap my head arround why pearl hasnt inplemented this from the get go.
    So now im asking myself, would it be possible to code some sort of Lua addon, that gives us this option?
    Im often helping new players, giving them tips etc, wich ended in my friendslist beeing mostly full of new players. And they propably think im just not answering and maybe even leave the game cause of this.

greetings lumoz

loboram likes this.
  2. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

That's not a bad idea, I also thought about that back when I played in retail. But when I got here on GameZBD I've found out that you can link your in-game account with your Telegram (also worked when we had Discord), therefore every message received when offline goes to your Telegram. So I figure this is what we needed, an AFK message isn't that good because you may configure a chat only for Personal Messages so you won't lost any when you get back to the game.

3. lumoz

lumoz Proficient

I get what you mean. Im using separate chatwindows for roughly a year now (adapted from retail 4 month ago ^^). I just dont want new players to disencourage thinking comunity is bad cause they arent used to afk stuff what makes some new players think we ignore their messages. That was my sole reason to have an afk message. :)
    But i know its hard to implement stuff that isnt meant to be there in the first place. Still hoping you guys could maybe do something about it.
    BTW: Just wanted to say that im happy i found your server. Had a few starting quarrels with loboram and kolka, but thats set asside now and im fine with both of em. :)
    Good day to all of ya

4. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

How about making the Direct Player To Player messages exist, no matter whether the players are offline or not?

5. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

I think (and it's a big guess because it's not my area of expertise) that this would consume much more data, so it is not a good call (?).

6. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Thanks for answering...I think it is was the least amount of data involved when it comes to text, and sure it might become a bit, if you have maximum amount of in-game friends and they are all texting you in that way, however I am sure it won't tax the servers in any meaningful way.