1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Removal of some banned words in character names

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yiwizzle, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Yiwizzle

Yiwizzle New Member

Hello,

By design, there are currently banned words that are unable to be used in character names, ie: "ass". However, players have been able to workaround these restrictions by capitalizing the first letter which is not recognized as a banned word, ie "Ass" or "Bi***". This makes it seem like there is an actual dictionary/list of words that are treated as banned but since they aren't really acting as a deterrent, I would like to request the removal of some of the banned words (specifically "ass") to open up a larger variety of character names, ie "Assassin" is one of many that would become available, as opposed to the current workaround of full caps "ASSASSIN" or "AssAssin"

This request is not to remove the filter entirely, unless deemed otherwise, but specifically for the word "ass" so that additional character names are open without the need to capitalize the entire string nor is this request to have players who are already using these workarounds in their character names to change them. Additional, more vulgar words can be added to the filter as an alternative perspective :)

ItsaVictor and RuneDemomn like this.
  2. bsari004

bsari004 Proficient

im suffering from this from the beginning there was a bug on last patch it says u cant take the name but it changes the family name now its fixed and i cant get the name i want. If this is server side stuff pls change or fix it @Kolka