1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suggestion for balancing earnings from life skills

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by asellus, May 28, 2020.

1. asellus

asellus New Member

Hello, I am playing this game for almost one month, and I loved the features this server offers. They make this game "playable" without being have to "pay to win".
    It is a good thing that the game gets harder and harder as you start to build up your gears and you search for constant income from live skills.

My suggestion comes here, life skills that get benefit from drop rate (%900 on this server) earn 9x more, for example gathering skills. But other life skills that not related to drop rate, suffers from earning less - for example trading, bartering etc.

I suggest you should increase item selling prices to npc by %900, for only the items that you get from trade, barter, fishing etc
    That way, all life skills will be more balanced, and people will be distributed among them more evenly. Currently everyone seems to do gathering mostly.

Please tell me what do you think about this. Thank you.

loboram likes this.
  2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am one of the few players in the community that does want more options for earning silver in-game, however the "majority" (mainstream) wants only active players online, grinding away and participating in the end-game PvP.
    If the developers make changes to the income possibility of the "passive" (or AFK) activities, then there would be a LOT more players virtually doing nothing while online, so it would seem as if the majority of the server population were ALL AFK.

Basically it wouldn't be a good thing in the "long run" for the server, to switch the a more AFK state of affairs, both for the community that loves the game only for the PvP aspect, and for the PvE players who enjoy the game for the many things it offers, simply because they would then have far fewer players to interact with and go on adventures with :(

MrJLJL likes this.
  3. asellus

asellus New Member

Thank you for the answer. I understand now why that majority affects this much. It seem as a inbalance to me, but I see that you are aware of that. I will continue doing bartering anyway because I love it :)

4. sweatyboy

sweatyboy New Member

most of the lifeskills were created with the intention of basic lifeskills (like gathering, fishing, etc) to support other lifeskills. so, the fact that gathering has a huge droprate (and the exp to quickly reach Guru) makes other lifeskills super easy. you ever tried cooking here? permanent supply of starches

loboram likes this.
  5. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hehe...yeah it is a possibility to use the MANY different types of lifeskill interaction, to develop and create products for the markets. However, before you get too carried away, remember that because of the ideology of the GamezBD-creators, ALL Trade-skill/Imperial-Vendors Income is Limited (Cap'ed) at 200 Million Silver per day. That includes fishing, trade-crates, and all Imperial-trades.

The only exception to this rule is the Imperial-Horse-Market, where you can sell as many horses as you have access to.