1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Workers] Increase Efficiency/Value

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by loboram, Sep 14, 2019.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I just wanted to add this suggestion, increase the effectiveness of workers on our server that boasts x10, perhaps an increase of worker-speed to x10 would do us all some good, as well as the amount they are worth to increase that to at least 10-100x since the most you can make from leveling and increasing tier to maximum is around 5million, but it takes about a month in real-time to do it. Compared to the amounts of silver we can generate on this server it is ridicules and makes no use at all of the workers-empire or specifically trading them.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    primakov, xiekxis, Zeros9856 and 2 others like this.
  2. kalistrea

kalistrea New Member

3. loboram

So I am just wondering when/if we will get some sort of response on this topic, since it is obviously not JUST me having a problem with this aspect of our community/server as it is now :(

4. AKalamidad

AKalamidad New Member

maybe never, they don't have a community staff to do this kind of stuff, just play the game a little to test new updates and go on with the next update

5. loboram

Funny enough I was asking the STAFF, but fair is fair, I answer posts directed at the staff too myself.
    So while you did reply, your reply contains nothing useful, unfortuantely it might as well have been a reply with the word NO! in it :p
    About just playing the game well I do do that, but it seems like it would improove (how it sounds) a GREATLY underused aspect of the server, which in the long run would also improove (not how its spelled) the Central Market and the idea that BDO is SO MUCH more than just grinding and PvP'ing.

6. dariolucconi

dariolucconi New Member

How about no? Just adapt to the changes like the people who wanted SD back but are now doing something else :)
    As someone said in telegram : no point on asking for changes, just adapt and you'll be fine

7. Jujuba

Jujuba Legendary Member Forum Legend

Truth be told, but it shouldn't be like that... Not in a PIRRIVATE server. Day by day we get even closer to the retail experience, and that's probably the reason why we lost so many players. Pearl Abyss is doing everything they can to bring old players back. They release new content every single week. Do you remember when Ragnarok Online was a thing? Tell me: have you ever seen a private server with no content? Private servers used to work on updates before official servers.
    And there's another major problem: support here isn't good. People aren't polited. Pearl Abyss, KakaoGames and RedFox aren't that dream. But they do have a good support team. You can even retrieve a deleted item.
    Anyway... As I say to all new players that comes to my guild: it's fun to play. Don't expect any competition other than Chat-Server talks. lmao

loboram likes this.
  8. loboram

Alright I will try again then; I STILL suggest that GamezBD gets a HEAVY increase in Worker Value:
    https://imgur.com/a/f87zQMr

It takes roughly a month or two (perhaps even more) on GamezBD, to produce Artisan level 30 Workers, and the payout -in comparison to 1 hour solo grinding- is INSANELY low. Within 1 hour of grinding even at the lowest areas I will still gain around 20-30million silver EASILY, and the highest value we are getting for ALL our work put into making a workers empire equals a mere 12 million silver. There is literally NO point in putting workers on the Worker Exchange at all as things are now.

9. xanikar

xanikar New Member

Imma do my part, i don't see why a feature should be useless in a private server. And such a big part of the regular game but completely pointless and left behind in a private server. I hope as more people join the forums they continue to post to keep this suggestion alive. Eventually they might pay attention to this highly requested feature that will only make this server better not to mention it's probably only a few value changes here in there probably take an hour or two work at most and will make the majority of players happy.

loboram likes this.
  10. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

A huuuuuuuge NO to the workerspeed request!!!!!!

Make more energy and try to get at least PRO workers and upgrade to Artisan (pray). Getting energy-points is very easy until you reach around 500.
    This idea (clearly without thinking of the consequences) will make many market-items devalue even more.

11. loboram

I suppose that you are no longer playing on our community anymore Hydra...been ages since I have seen or heard anything from you.

In any case, the idea behind changing things in the Custom built server/client, is to fit them into the combined sense of the game from the Staff and owners of GamezBD, AND the players who actually play the game as well as donate in order to keep it running :)

So all in all, what I am trying to do is indeed make a better GamezBD for ALL players on the community.

12. AKalamidad

AKalamidad New Member

The need of this change of "workspeed of workers" is for the state of market for a lot of materials for cooking / alchemy, we don't have the structure of the market of materials like Retail, thats why the lifeskillers players of the server want this QoL ---. just a few people have a worker empire and a few less place the materials in market.

Thats why i said "the dev team don't play the game" they don't have time and i know and the rest just play casual, but end game i hope at least one of the staff.

We hope that when the dev team end the hot fix of the next patch they work in some QoL for the community

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Legendario likes this.
  13. loboram

Hmmm, well I can say with Absolute confidence, that the Staff members who post in here, DO play GamezBD.
    Now it is true that I do not know how much they do play, but I do know for sure that they do.

So about the topic at hand...Yeah I know that increasing the "Worker Gathering Speed" might be too much for the small community in general, because what happens if ALL players then start using the Worker-Empires?

The Central Market would be absolutely Flooded with Materials and no one would buy anything, which means that the CM would be back at the same problem.

So I propose that the "higher-ups", make a decision about whether the GamezBD-project should contain more of the original "western-retail-BDO-game-version", such as the premise that the game is not just for the PvP'ing/Grinding server population.

GamezBD finally enabled more than just fishing as it was in the beginning, they opened the possibility for Hunting next that made Hunting Whales an opportunity as well. Then more Trade was enabled, and eventually GamezBD opened all the Trade options, and made the project as it was intended by the creators, available to the population of the servers. But all this was done in a hindered way, as to limit the amount of players who actually truly enjoyed this part of the game.

Life-skilling is still limited to a certain amount of silver per day, think it is 400 million silver now, that the players can earn through the various forms of Trade income: Fishing, Crates, Trade routes.

Luckily the income from Training Horses, has been left untouched, which means that this is still a viable option for players to make AFK-income.

The thing is, the amount of time spent increasing various aspects of in-game sellable/marketable "stuff", such as the Workers, which are an integral part of the Rare-Materials gathering, is really a form of AFK-income that players invest a bit of effort into. Much like the Horse Training, the Workers are a REALLY good way to make silver rotate among players in a more efficient way.

IF GamezBD were to increase the Worker's silver worth they could be a long-term investment for the kind of players who really like this part of the game. I do of course fully understand that more HAS to be altered coding-wise, in order for this to become the proper effort, since now it is possible to get an Artisan Worker "right off the bat", and to just arbitrarily increase the worth of Workers would have a bunch of players trying to cheat, by just using up energy enough to get those Artisan Workers only to put them directly into the Worker Exchange.

So for this idea to actually work as intended, there is a bit of work needed from the Developers (whom are absolutely wonderful at their jobs), namely making it impossible to get Professional and Artisan Workers through the Worker-Hiring function. It would of course also be really helpful if they could implement at the same time, that all cities now offer Apprentice Workers and Naive Workers (that are now upgradable), and of course the new highest possible Worker Tier; Skilled Workers.

So it would take approximately a couple of weeks to a month, to get an Artisan Worker, that way the Worker Worth would be proportional with the time (and mainly Pearls) actually spent by the players in getting the Workers promoted.

That way an Artisan Worker would be worth roughly:
    55.000 (rounded down Pearl-to-Silver number) x 300 (Pearls or 24 hrs time wait) x 3 (2-4 Minimum upgrades needed from Skilled to Artisan, or Naive to Artisan) = 49.500.000 Silver +x% profit margin
    Which is funny enough around what I proposed the first time I made this suggestion :D

But I say to make this a truly lucrative option for players, and mostly to inject more raw materials into the Central Market, the +x% should be the x10 GamezBD special, that way it is now worth as much as one full day of Trading, except that it takes about a week or more to get that amount, Also they actually have to be exchanged by another player, making the full amount for a fully trained Artisan Worker lvl.30 around: 500.000.000 silver.

Yeah, I kinda realized when I made the last sentence...it ALL depends on the players buying into the Workers Empire for this to be of any use at all, which by the looks of things, is not that credible. The Central Market was left up to the players/community to work out and make proper use of, and look where that ended up.

So yeah, in conclusion, it might not be such a great idea afterall...the Worker Gathering Speed increase might be really bad for the market, and the Worker Worth increase is entirely dependant on the players willing to exchange Workers in the first place.

Think I just shot down my own suggestion :(:facepalm::dead:

Legendario likes this.
  14. Zeros9856

Zeros9856 New Member

This is needed.
    At this point, workers empire is useless and yeah, having to wait 2 months for an artisan worker for then doing nothing with hit is just pointless.
    I understand due to the high rates is better grinding mobs than having nodes strategically connected and being used but increasing the workers speed would be a nice addition to the pve content.

Legendario likes this.
  15. gamezacc

gamezacc Getting there

Hello, while id love a 10x increased worker speed it would lead to annoying worker feeding every 5 minutes :D. My personal suggestion would be leave workspeed/load as is and increase yield by 5x so raw mats like some traces or powders will be available for the market and people could actually do alchemy and cooking properly with those worker material bottlenecks.

16. Legendario

Legendario New Member

Interesting proposal, agree with you.