1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Guide Bartering

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by loboram, Aug 6, 2020.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I just wanted to add a quote from a Reddit page about Bartering, since it can be very useful for players who want to start Bartering, but do not know where to start.

"level 1
    viotrix
    Succ Kuno
    22 points · 8 months ago
    [​IMG]

Here is a snipped from a guide I wrote for a few friends, could be helpful for you.

General bartering tips and Shenanigans:

Have a tagged alt with extra weight to carry items

Use wharfs all around the map to save some trips and overstack goods from your boat onto your tagged waifu.

Have a storage container in Lema. It will save you so many extra trips to Ilya (Lema residence connects to Ilya storage)

Balance out all your barter items T1-T4 between Ilya storage and Port Epheria. Try to maintain a good amount of each item in both storages to avoid going across the map to get the needed items.

Keep T0 items in Velia and Port Epheria (Majority in Velia to access with storage maid)

Use one dedicated alt for the dailies. Equip it with the improved frigate, zefina cannon, ration replenishment (special foods) and origins of wind (or the cheap ones from the wharf manager)

Use the dailies alt to conduct the margoria trades (later on when you unlock more routes for sea coins). Combine the big daily run with a full margoria sea coin run.

Never remote collect your boat when you have Sailors or Barter items on it. It will fuck up their existence.

Only go for the innocent goblin Sailors. Those have the so far highest speed scaling. Use the frigate alt to lvl them quickly during the dailies, you want at least 3.0 speed at lvl 8 from them. Otherwise grind them into minced meat and buy some new ones and rinse repeat.

Use a dedicated skilled 1 sailing alt in Ancado harbor, with its own sailboat/frigate to do the trades from Ancado to Hakoven OR the three islands to the left of Ancado. Equip the alt with some money and travelers maps. From Hakoven you will need to sail a bit closer to the Valencia mainland before you see the Ancado teleport option on the map. If you did the three islands on the left of Ancado you can sail a bit further to Shakatu Abandoned Pier and Transport your boat to Ancado, run to Shakatu and then Character transport back to Ancado. Don’t run sailors on this boat because you will remote collect it often after mapping back to Ancado.

Keep 2 T5s of any kind in Ilya island and have 3+ of each T5 in Ancado as a buffer. 2 T5s in Ancado are usually enough but the more buffer the more you can slack occasionally and only do coin trades instead of full cycles.

Transport the T5s via Storage Transport. It takes around 4hrs to transport the items, and you can transport 5 T5s at once. Do it before you sleep.

You can use Shakatu storage as an additional buffer storage for the T5s and take a few with you when moving from Shakatu to Ancado via Char-transport.

Avoid Hakoven runs if they give less than 250 coins - that’s a waste imo.

Always kill the small red ships you occasionally see (if they have a red dot on the minimap otherwise it’s a transport ship jebait) and kill the randomly appearing Cox Ghost Ships in mainland waters (not the ones in Sea of Silence, those are bait as well). Red boats give sea coins and sometimes blue gear mats while ghost ships give blue gear + carrack mats and summon scrolls for more items (ghost ships are oneshot if you ram them from behind) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) - it’s worth the small dmg on your hull.

You don’t need to keep any T5s or T1s in Port Epheria.

Always hit “Explore” whenever you can at a barter point. This helps recover your sailors stamina or might even give you a barter supply box with shittons of T0s.

Use “Continuously use BreezySails” checkbox religiously. This will be your main thrust towards semi-afk money. It doesn’t work if your boat has less than 50% health or you autopath.

You can use two alts to conduct the Old Moon Carrack trades with ease. Just have one in Port Ratt moving items from market storage to regular storage and then use another alt with a bartali sailboat at the old moon carrack where you get the items from the storage via maids.

Once you have accumulated a good stockpile of barter items you can start with the “top down” approach where you first do all the T5 trades and coin trades, then do all T4 trades and finally the desired T1-T3 trades to keep your stocks healthy.

Last but not least - don’t be an idiot and use Sea Coins to buy any material for your Caravel/Galleas/Carrack. This is a pure waste - acquire the parts via dailies and barters (mats unlocked at 2551 and 5111 accumulated trades)."

(https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/e3g8ex/question_about_efficient_bartering/)

Hope this helps out the players who want to do this newly added life-skill. Also there are many materials you can gain through Barter, that will upgrade your Epherian Sailboats and Frigates, as well as "blue" ship gear.

*Edited: Here is another guide on the topic, just for more information and perhaps a different way to do it:
    https://grumpygreen.cricket/bdo-barter-sailing/

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    benzamg168, ZeroFox and Noyah like this.
  2. ZeroFox

ZeroFox New Member

Overall useful guide, some tips surprised me as I didn't experience ocean content on retail, so wasn't aware of thing like "suspicious cargo ships" until I read this one :)

Few things to note:
    1. While it's a decent money source on retail, it still requires a 2-3 months setup for max effect (when you have a carrack + at least 5100 barter count).
    2. Even if you buy a webshop carrack, it comes without any gear I believe, and plain carrack is quite miserable. To get +10 green gears you would need around ~55.000 seacoins, then the ship becomes quite fast and powerful (depends on if you get Advance or Valor).
    Since I did carrack without p2w, I already had around 56k exactly after 2 months work (this is average time to get one manually, might be faster with guild help) and started working straight on blue gear (cannons are priority for Valor)
    3. Balance carrack is a noobtrap. Volante is niche, because it's a combat-class ship (unlike Advance/Balance) but it only beats Valor in maxspeed/acceleration stats, while other stats are more or less similar. Valor, on the other hand, gets higher damage on cannons and faster reloads, which means more potential dps. Even then, ship pvp is not exactly a smooth experience and you will often miss each other due to desyncs.
    4. Sea combat is also niche by itself, as we don't even have "pirate" guilds (on EU at least) which specialize in harassing afk/active barterers. And other times sea pvp happens mostly before/after Vell boss on sundays.
    5. Sea content is self-enclosed as well mostly, which means you get more coins to upgrade your ship > to get better at bartering and sea coin farming. While yes you get some pure silver profit (no taxes involved), which requires setup as mentioned above. It seems decent on retail, it's not that great money on our x10 server. For example, if you do a full run of T5 and sell them all to vendor, that's 200m silver, with some more potential T6 mats (that's what I call special T5s with 10m price each) it might reach 300m.
    On retail it also acts as a source of "rare" materials, but most of those are not in deficiency here and don't sell well (except Bloody Tree Knots and some Ores).

So overall, sea content is somewhat fun (especially if you did not participate in it on retail) but it's separate from most of the "land" content. Personally I stopped at 2 blue gears and just do high coin runs and save them for Ocean content part 2 (arrives with next update). Special barters can also provide some unique materials, like https://bddatabase.net/us/item/45501/ but since march it only popped once (the chance is 0.1004% o_O) and Khan heart is at best 0.1002%.

I suggest to also use this spreadsheet, incredibly useful, almost everything in one (even sailor stat calculation). As usual with all other bdo online spreadsheets - create a local copy for yourself if you need to modify values.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...one_barter_spreadsheet_serenity_v22_released/

P.S.:
    This guide will need to be updated when Ocean content Part 2 arrives with new update, because on retail the "Barter refresh" system was completely revamped. However the linked grumpygreen site has updated version in any case.
    Also there are still some Sea content bugs, for example you still can't barter with more than 1 character at once. But those might be fixed with the update.

loboram likes this.
  3. loboram

@ZeroFox I wanted to thank you for your contribution, but I also wanted to tell you the basic principles of sharing other people's work. ALWAYS add a link to the original work, not only as proof but as a verification that you aren't the one taking credit for their work, also it is customary to include the original person's name in the quote.

4. ZeroFox

ZeroFox New Member

Don't think I actually stated that the online sheet / grumpygreen is somehow my work :) The barter spreadsheet is a reddit link with names provided, plus it literally references it's creator in name itself, so I'm not sure I understand you correctly here, unless you meant something else.

loboram likes this.
  5. loboram

No worries buddy, I was just trying to make it something obvious, like in science or journalism, always link your sources :D
    It just makes things easier, when you want to know where the person got the info from, is all.

6. ZeroFox

ZeroFox New Member

Alright, this patch brought quite some good changes for sea content, so if you were discouraged from it before, here are some highlights:
    1. New barter system when you can change all your routes for ship materials. Some nodes give 9-15 Moon Vein Flax Fabric (which is the bottleneck for Carrack building usually, though it depends on barter count. Speaking of which, with new barter system you need 3000 barter count for Carrack materials (Salt Ingots / Pearl Shards) unlike 5100 before.
    2. Fixed bug with damage of all ships. It's incredibly satisfying to sweep Sea Crocodiles with 4 volleys instead of 10+ before patch. Even better, you can use both sides, since now the cooldown is separate for left/right cannon volleys. Safe to say valor carrack does x2 more damage, in some cases more than that. Including ships as well, frigate goes down in 4 volleys (but somehow now costs you 200+k karma :eek: )
    3. New inland sea coin (now called Crow Coins) routes. Sometimes rolls up to x3 islands, T4 items required. Again nets you 160-220 coins per island, very nice since it doesn't require Margoria sailing (I'm sick of it after 6 months, and do only once per day or if coin tally is abnormally high)
    4. Oquila flowers and Ebenruth Nol introduction. No different from retail, this is a top endgame goal and dream for barter enthusiasts. Only difference is that on GamezBD you actually get very decent droprate of Moss Maps from crocodiles. And flowers roll almost every ship material barter refresh usually up to x10 flowers total, sometimes rolls on normal barters too, but lower counts.
    5. Fixed minor bugs with ship speeds, it wasn't reported I think. For example you were heavily, but momentarily losing speed when your cannonballs hit the target nearby (or even just ocean waters). Could mean difference between getting hit by crocodiles and getting out of dodge with 0 damage.
    6. Agris works on Sea Crocodiles. Getting up to x6 scales without lootscroll is heaven, coupled with proper damage on crocodiles = easier blue gear.
    7. Almost infinite breezy sail (I'm not actually sure if it's a bug or feature). If the checkbox is enabled, you can press T (autopath key) right after breezysail ends to instantly start another one. Seems to use up all of your stamina down to 0, then finally needs to regen before being usable again. As a tradeoff - it logically eats up more rations as well.
    8. Ilya + Ancado storage expansions. Again, this is heaven, those places were a huge bottleneck and pain in the *** on old version.
    9. Carrack refuel (cannonballs + rations) prices were reduced by around 6x times. Now you can actually profit just from Neidan drops alone.
    10. Kama questline was reset + changed to include 50x jade coral ingots. Since it's still necessary for Valtarra + Odyllita questline, this resulted in market being flooded by them and price dropping from 1m+ to ~300k atm. Easier epheria frigates for everybody.

And some inconveniences unfortunately got added as well, for example - you cannot transfer your ship anymore (ex. from Velia to Oquilla / Ancado) with items inside. Even if those were non-barter items. Still can't get used to it, hope it's bug, but seems it's retail "feature". Can only be worked around by loading all barter stuff on yourself, then dropping it in velia with help of .rescue command.

benzamg168, loboram and AKalamidad like this.
  7. benzamg168

benzamg168 New Member

Ťhanks very Very helpful:)