1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[BDO] PVP is dead. Need changes.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Hannibal, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

As the title says, pvp is dead especially if there is no node wars or siege. I've seen a lot of people quit because they've reached end game and they have nothing to do. I would like to hear people's feedback (I know a few people posted about this already) especially the feedback of the Admin/GMs.

If nothing changes, the population (speaking in behalf of NA) will probably drop sub-1000's and have like 50% of the population just AFK.

Suggestions:
    - Maybe hold PVP events? 1v1, 5v5 or whatever you feel like it.
    - Increase RBF rewards even on the weekdays. That's basically why most people join RBF. For the rewards it gives whether you win or lose.
    - Find a way to promote the server more. I'd say like a Guild Package for new people that are transferring. Maybe a TRI Armor/Accessory set idk. So it'll help them catch up with the geared players.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Please keep this thread civil. We want to help this server get more numbers.
    Please reply to this thread or show that you've acknowledged it. @Kolka @Carl @Noyah

Geo, Choovanski, loboram and 3 others like this.
  2. Ronda

Ronda New Member

Make RBF populated more. Add arena queues to queue for 1v1, 3v3, 5v5 ect, use Arena of Arsha? Add Mediah back to the game so we can siege it?

Choovanski, Colossal and Hannibal like this.
  3. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

I think most of these are good ideas, but i really don't think given gear will ever be a thing.

loboram likes this.
  4. Liksi

Liksi New Member

Apply the double RBF rewards on weekdays and tweak the weekend rewards.

Add an extra incentive to NW and Siege if you actually fight another guild.

Host PVP events be it a scheduled one or on a short notice. (Rewards can be as simple as 4k pearls, caphras or even just ancient spirit dust to force the winner to buy blackstones off the market or grind and have an active community)

We recently held a week long pvp event within our guild and here's an overview.

RULES AND MECHANICS:
    1. Participants can only use the class you signed up with. You can only use one TRIAL Character.
    2. If you want to participate, please sign up here: XXXXXXXXX
    3. Duels are good for 5 rounds (Best of 5, winner gets 1 point for the tourney).
    4. You can only get 1 point from each participant
    5. You must update your scores here: #pvp-event-duel-logs For example: YYY vs XXX= Winner YYY (Make sure only one of you updates the log to avoid extra points. We are always watching [​IMG]). Don't forget to mention the name of your opponent.
    6. You can use buffs, perfume and all available items for trial character.
    7. Top 12 scorers will do some sort of single elimination
    (WE HELD THE TOP 12 AND NEWBIE/JUNIOR BRACKET FIGHTS AT THE END OF THE WEEK). The top 5 will be the event winners.

PS: We had a junior bracket for the newbies who didn't score enough points and inserted the winner of the junior bracket to the top 5 fights, funny enough .

Our rules were designed so you can fight whoever you want at any time of the week. This is just an example, I am not saying you should do the same. It can be as simple as scheduling a day and asking for participants and you host it for an hour or two.

I'm sure the community have more ideas and I really hope the admins put some attention to this thread.

@Kolka @Carl @Noyah

Choovanski likes this.
  5. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

Yes keep bringing those great ideas! The server is becoming stale. We need to liven things a little bit.

6. Colossal

Colossal New Member

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

Hopefully these great suggestions to not fall on deaf ears!

Keep the suggestions flowing!

8. Theneo

Theneo New Member

Nodewars and Siege is bad because of the lag, no point doing it when everytime you get into large group pvp everyone starts teleporting nearly everytime. As far as PvP in general goes, only open world is going on at the moment. You can't really do tournaments because people complain about people overgearing, and you can't really do standardised trial pvp because the trial characters are scuffed and do nearly no damage against trial DP. At the end of the day the only consistent thing you can do is either small GvG or open world on Arsha and whats the point in grinding when you can get a free 1Bill a day afk'ing for caphras. That's why the server is lacking PvP in my opinion and i genuinely have no idea what would fix it.

9. Liksi

Liksi New Member

Where are you from that you lag that bad? Use VPN if you haven't because my guildmates are mostly from Asia and they do not always lag in Siege or NW, they even play from crappy computer cafe and still manage to play. Trial character works fine. DP builds might be tanky but it is still killable and nobody is stopping you from changing builds or even using the DP build.

People are not doing NW/Siege because most of the time it is a snipe not because it is a lag fest. If you put more incentive to the fights, people would pay more attention. It starts the with the community managers, if they do not put effort to the community then the community won't do it either.

1b a day guaranteed yea sure but what if you made active gameplay more rewarding than passive gameplay? That would liven up the active gamers. I am not saying immensely buff the drop rate because in all honesty I think it is close to where it should be but definitely could use some tweaks.

If they just made the weekend RBF rewards the regular rewards more people (geared people will join RBF instead of goofing around in the BA during the weekdays).

10. Theneo

Theneo New Member

First off, lemme just say i'm Oosh you should know that name. I'm from UK, and it's not just me that complains about that lag, if you read my post clearly I said there's lag in "large scale" In small scale it's not an issue. My internet is not that bad that i would need a VPN and regardless of my internet a VPN makes it worse (for myself anyway)

Drop rate is fine the way it is, you can gear up to a point of 280/290AP in 2-3 weeks of joining the server from 0. My point there was nobody grinds because you can get a billion a day free from pearls>caphras so what's the use of grinding if i'm already 314ap super endgame.

If we're going to dive into NW's and Siege let's first talk about the guilds that do it and how many of them fight fairly? They all just just want to steamroll and zerg with huge numbers but call others out for being a zerg and then just sit and get free money because no one has the numbers/gear or both to challenge. Nobody fights simply for PvP anymore and everyone wants something.

The Evasion/DR for the DP formula is way too overtuned compared to anything else (evasion mostly) Go test the trials on retail and you can easily 1 combo regardless of DP/evasion trial build. Here you can't, not with all characters atleast. On mains we don't really feel it that much because everyone now that plays actively is 309+AP but throw on 1 RCE with 309 bracket and it's as if you just gained 50AP against people that are lvl 20 caphras. On the other half of the spectrum get someone that's full DR/Evasion like Wine or how Paytoll was and they're unkillable, at 1 point a few months ago we had 5/6 people that were 300+AP wailing on Paytoll and couldn't kill them

The point i'm trying to make which is also my opinion thinking about all this is that the foundation of PvP is broken. If people were to comeback or become active and stay active the scaling of evasion/accuracy/DR needs to be looked at, with the addition of caphras it's even more so.

Yachi, Geo and loboram like this.
  11. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

I actually do not lag during NW/Siege wars. Which is weird on your part but its not farfetched since most people d sync like crazy during pvps.

And yes most people just join the zerging guild instead of making smaller guilds stronger. They're basically scared of fighting with less/fair numbers lol.

There should definitely be a balancing considering that most people are 700GS. Accuracy/Evasion/DP tweaks and such are needed.

EDIT:

ALSO, Bugs like guild scores during NW/Siege should be fixed. Its a huge motivation for people to pvp during the wars but when you die, your numbers reset.
    - We actually take down all the numbers and post it after the war to see who has the most kills/horse skills and such. Its a huge boost to people's morale.

loboram likes this.
  12. Liksi

Liksi New Member

Nowhere in my reply have I mentioned anything about lag/desync in correlation to GvG or small scale pvp. I've played from one coast to another coast 6000km apart and yes I get desync once in a while, others dysncing and that's acceptable to me because this is only a pserver.

Let's assume they magically found a godly formula to balance the gear stats. I do not believe that it will bring PvP to NW or Sieges because again, incentives or the lack thereof. Why fight another guild for a node if you can just get a free uncontested node.

What they need to do is come up of a way to make an incentive to actively find/fight another guild at a low tier node.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  13. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

My guy you're in the wrong forum. This isn't GameZ Aion one. XD

14. samurai

samurai Expert

sorry for that bro...thanks!

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Proficient

Sad. Still no replies from devs or admins.

16. SINA

SINA New Member

if it's not something that benefits the Dev's they won't care

17. SacredEnslar

SacredEnslar New Member

Lag... Man... Look at mushin players... The server its lagged by itself. The Dsync prob WILL NEVER stop. NA server its dead not cuz of lag, but cuz end game players have absolutly NOTHING to do in game
    . My INTEIRE group of friends already quit the game cuz they have nothing to do in game. Its really good hiting the end game, but what then? Edited contents would be nice, maybe some PVP rank (open world pvp rank) or idk, create some instances PvP, creating ranking its a really good way to make people play cuz of the competition. The population its low, indeed, im not sure why people quiting, I dont think a big part of the server has hit the full lvl 20 or close.... not the big part but a good part of it. We need edited content :( People even talking about merging servers NA and EU.
    There are PEN acessories sitting on market, maan.... TET sitting on market...

18. kid192

kid192 New Member

game in general is dead , no update in over a month

19. Tylkys

Tylkys Expert

wait guys i think new update coming soon , they are taking too long because they have real life

loboram likes this.
  20. Sleier

Sleier Proficient

PvP is dead because people realized after hitting c20 and full pen that they are still not on par with other "top" players, they then after about a month give or take of killing much lower geared players with their full pen get bored, still unable to fight the other full pens due to whatever reason. take any full pen c20 character against certain others, it's like you aren't even wearing gear. that's why your pvp is dead. those unkillable ultra tanky players who also have somehow managed to be able to 2 shot full survivle builds. that's your problem. people see the bullshit and then leave, thus killing pvp. but keep farming your lower gear capped players, keep the enhancment locks on so they can't get full pen and discover the bullfuckery going on here that is constantly being silenced.

SacredEnslar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.