1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Cannot log in. Cryptogram Token is Null. Requesting an account edit.

Discussion in 'Problems' started by TheWalRiDeR, Jul 10, 2022.

1. TheWalRiDeR

TheWalRiDeR New Member

As in the title. After successfully logging in to the launcher and launching the game, after pressing the in game start button, a pop message 'Cryptogram Key is NULL' appears. I've followed the instructions here at the forum from this specific topic: https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/cryptogram-token-is-null.231205/

The issue is not related to the .NET Framework, because I update it regularly and have the newest version constantly. I think the issue lies in my account name which has a single space between characters. The account is not new, it has been made in 2017 that's why I am requesting an account name change if that is possible.

Also a quick offtopic question: If the above problem would have been resolved, is it possible to transfer the account to the EU servers from NA? I've read that it was not possible when the servers were being released to avoid situations were old players would have everything from the start unlike the new joining ones and ruining the economy there.

Best regards, a fellow returing player.

2. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Just want to start by saying, that I am not a part of the staff, but welcome back.

As far as I know, also there are a Lot of threads about it, already answered by the staff many times now; Character transfers, are a no-go.

Regarding the account name with a space in it, just seems very unlikely since the game has never allowed such, although I might be confusing the account-name for GamezBD, and the Family (account) name in-game.

So if you've already tried the list, that I made for "fixing most Problems/Errors" (check link in signature below), then your best bet is to write a Conversation to the Developer Kolka. Just mouse-over your forum-name, and chuse (how it sounds) Conversation. But please, try the universal fix first, and come back here to tell us what you did to solve the problem. If not, then you can always write the Dev.

3. TheWalRiDeR

TheWalRiDeR New Member

Thank you for the reply. I've looked at your guide regarding fixing errors (https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/fixing-most-problems-errors.238741/) and I've done everything from point 1 up to point 6, that is:

I've closed the launcher and deleted the files in \Appdata\Local\GamezBDO and then force-checked the files in the launcher. After that I've login to the game and pressed the in-game start.
    'The cryptogram key is NULL' error still appeared.

Then I've closed the launcher and deleted the files in GamezBD\black desert online\bin64\Smartguard and as in the same manner as before force-checked the files.
    'The cryptogram key is NULL' error still appeared.

After trying these both approaches I've looked at https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/gamezbd-errors-and-solutions.210464/ however I did not found my issue or anything related to my situation there.

The last thing I've tried was to create a new fresh account on a new e-mail and ..... I have encountered no issues whatsoever. I've successfuly log on and pressed the in-game start button. No cryptogram key is NULL message. I could create a character and play the game.

To sum up - I think the issue is really related to this singular spacebar in my account name not family name. Probably you guys released and update and disallowed spacebars in account names or maybe something similiar. I will try to contact Kolka and post any answers/solutions I got.

loboram likes this.
  4. TheWalRiDeR

TheWalRiDeR New Member

Update: As I suspected - the issue was the afromentioned spacebar. After contacting Kolka, he edited my account name and removed the spacebar. I could login afterwards successfully and play the game.
    Topic closed.

loboram likes this.
  5. FlaVy

FlaVy New Member

6. siegheart021

siegheart021 New Member

how did you do it can u send the link

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Please do not "hi-jack" another forum-users thread, by changing the thread topic.

It has already been answered in the same sentence you quoted.

To the both of you: You can contact the staff, by "Mouse-Overing" your forum-username, and choosing Conversation.
    Then write a message, to Kolka or Carl, there you can get all the help you need.

Also please read the Server/Forum rules ;)