1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can't Play GamezBD...

Discussion in 'Problems' started by saartw17, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 version: Click to download NOTE: You will not be able to run the game using a virtual machine.
    Any error...?

2. Arielou

Arielou New Member

same to me.

yesterday played without probs.

weird crash, just happens randomly between -title screen and character selection- few seconds and shows yer desktop spontaneously without error messages.

cant play actually. Any help is well-received.

EDIT: restart and force check can't resolve it
    note: launcher doesnt crash, just in-game client.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  3. Arielou

Arielou New Member

4. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

G'day Noyah, What happens to me periodically is that I get to select my character, get the loading screens with the little black figure running across the bottom of the screen and when it gets to the end where I'd normally have my character appear, I drop back to the launcher instead.

Once it starts to happen normally a force-check doesn't fix it, but what has worked is a complete re-install of GameZBD and I've also done a Windows re-install out of desperation lol.
    I've also had occassional luck downloading a new installer and it does it's check but I suspect thats exactly the same as doing a forccheck.

I have the all in one C++ and game files installed from your site, but not prepared to change my DNS settings.

TBH, it feels like I spend more time trying to get GameZ to work than I do playing. I thought maybe there might be some inherited problems from retail ... but retail has been pretty solid as far as connectivity is concerened (for me).

5. Noyah

Noyah sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ɪs ʙᴇsᴛ Forum Legend

This usually happens when your antivirus prevents you from accessing the game (mostly happens with comodo and avira).

Toenail likes this.
  6. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Thanks Noyah, I only use the Windows default and I've made exception in it and the the firewall .. anyways, I'm downloading 972 torrent as I notice rebuilding from retail is a worse experience each time I do it due to updates on retail no doubt lol.

I'll see where that takes me and I'm hopefull I should have it working consistently. It's the sporadic failures thats getting to me.

Rightio, I've downloaded and installed the complete 972 30G installer, it patched and did a file check ... then the same thing happened except it only got to the character selection, I chose the character, the screen went black, then went blank then went back to launcher :(.

What is REALLY curious is that when it dropped out I momentarily saw the xigncode icon flash in my system tray ... so I wonder if xigncode stays hidden in the back ground and blocks this from starting? Couldn't find it in msconfig .. so curioius.

STOP THE PRESS!!!

HALLELUJAH!! HALELUJAH!! Everything works now! :D
    Do or die effort, I got 972 .. then here's the crucial bit I feel: I downloaded the NEW launcher which told me it was going to reinstall th C++ stuff (2012 and 2013 if I recall correctly).
    So I stopped the Launcher installer and removed those two from my installed programs, rebooted and reran the new launcher installer.

Then everything went hunky dory from that point on!
    Ok, enough foruming .. I've got some playing to do .. work tomorrow. Love you guys! LOL

Noyah and RevelationsOn like this.