1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Concept] How to bring Nodewars back to GameZ

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cannonballer, Feb 18, 2022.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Yeah it is true...I did indeed "bully" and antagonize you previous posters...I am sort of sorry about that, but still, even if I had used moderate language, been kind and nice about it, would it have made Any difference?

What we are facing here, isn't a game-breaking "end of it all" situation. I mean the management have been very clear, about making GamezBD into a copy of the retail (with added global labs content) game version. Sure as a game project, it has some very beneficial aspects, but it isn't really up to the management, to enforce what some players want in-game, right?

While you might be right about the feeling, that the PvP scene is thinning out, but it seriously isn't because of what the management did, or did not do. It is entirely because of player population, and what gamers expect from this game.

It is still not a PvP arena style game this you are playing here, and while the management has put a lot of emphasis on the PvP, it is but a fraction of what this game has to offer.

I am fully aware that PvP seems to be what the game is leading towards, where you would end up doing PvP once you have reached the endgame. However it is also conditional on you joining a guild, and then learning how to be a formidable opponent, otherwise you aren't actually part of the "real" endgame.

So yeah, once again, I am not arguing with your plea, to create more -or at least better- PvP on the GamezBD servers. But I think you already know, that you cannot force others to do what you want, nor is it going to be an "easy" thing to make. Whatever your assumptions are about creating content, or working on a server code, they seem to be far fetched at best.

So while it is perfectly alright for you, to voice your opinions, it is indeed against forum rules, to demean or antagonize the GameZ-network staff, which you certainly have done here. That is exactly why I reacted so poorly, because I actually find it very unfair, that a bunch of "clueless" players, are whining about something, that is actually within the purview of the players, to try and find a solution for.

As I mentioned, there really isn't anything standing in the way, of big guild splitting into smaller ones, and trying to spark up some PvP in that manner, but you people seem to want the staff, to step in and remove all the players keeping the server project, and -more importantly- the Central Market "alive". Since without the Central Market, how would the mainstream players then get their gear? Actually having to work for it, without being able to just buy it off the CM?

It isn't that difficult to stop, and think for a moment, that what you are doing here isn't actually helping your cause, but indeed damaging it. Just look at what you started with, and where this has ended up.

I have stated now a few times, that I am very welcoming, when it comes to suggestions added to the forum. But the ideas have to be fully formed, and something that is actually doable, since I do have some experience with asking for too much.

I could keep quoting your terrible outbursts, and pointing out that you have no right to use abusive language, but I did so myself in a "joking" way, and that didn't work very well. So I am sorry for being demeaning towards you, but not the content that wasn't "poking fun at you".

It is really easy...you just have to be patient and wait...it really cannot be the end of the world for you all, if you have to wait for something that you want.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  2. Slogenn

Slogenn New Member

So while it is perfectly alright for you, to voice your opinions, it is indeed against forum rules, to demean or antagonize the GameZ-network staff, which you certainly have done here. That is exactly why I reacted so poorly, because I actually find it very unfair, that a bunch of "clueless" players, are whining about something, that is actually within the purview of the players, to try and find a solution for.

i was just floating around the messsage and i noticed this yknow whats funny? that you think you can find a way to justify an entire pvp scene waiting an entire year for a new patch while in retail they fix these patches within days and you think you have the right to call us impatient? you have no idea how lucky this server is to have such dedicated pvp players waiting an entire year gives us every right to "bitch and whine" as much as we please and gamez could put more effort into just listening to us and theres nothing you can do to justify that "clueless" players man we live and breath this exact topic clueless is the last thing we'll be i've been a dedicated pvp player since the launch of EU since 2018 i've seen everything and the way the pvp scene has been treated was none existent because no one ever gave a shit what the pvp players thought cause they were never the majority

It is still not a PvP arena style game this you are playing here, and while the management has put a lot of emphasis on the PvP, it is but a fraction of what this game has to offer. bro? were playing BDO theres no raids or dungeons the game has so much more to offer that being cutting trees and afking on a horse or killing mobs for 5 hours a day while falling asleep on your keyboard

you just always keep going back to the issue being us not being patient but what do you expect after years of literally getting neglected by the devs? all we asked is for them to show any intent of making the pvp scene thrive and we werent asking for alot but the continuing terrible patch picks and just YEARS of feeling neglected by the managment of the server has fed up everyone is that's why the pvp scene on gamez went from being one of the most thriving pvp scenes ive ever seen on a pserver to what it is today because at some point a few years ago the patch picks were just the worst ones possible and for months all they had to do is just pick patches more carefully or discuss it with people so while i understand you saying they're busy and full of work it wont ever justify 3 years of them not giving a single look towards their pvp players saying were full of work please be more patient for an entire year just to choose the worst patch possible out for us to be stuck with for another year and then say to be patient again and then guess what happens ?:O YO AGAIN WORST PATCH POSSIBLE LETS GO but no pvp scene is just a bunch of impatient school kids
    truth is they're more patient than many others waiting a year at a time for a single patch just to get disappointed over and over so sorry if we whine but we damn earned the right to whine they could've handled the patch picks so much better but didn't that's not the pvp scene's fault

3. nakamurasan

nakamurasan New Member

Excuse me? Who are you? What do you want?? No, I certainly agree that PvP content suffers, especially sieges on nodes, but excuse me? Are you really suggesting this? You? The head who occupied the castle for several months and does not want to leave it, are you saying something about sieges at the nodes? Your guild has been locked up since November and does not want to leave and go to fight on other sieges. It sounds very funny from your words, I hope you understand it yourself.

Thank you for the translation YandexTranslator :D

loboram likes this.
  4. loboram

It is Very simple, as I have said before, see above.

First up, when I said clueless, I meant in respects to how some players think they know what BDO is all about. As well as how some players think, that coding and graphics are made. It isn't about the topic, but how that topic (PvP on a private server) is actually created.

As a dedicated player, "who's been here since the start", I find it Insanely strange, that you apparently missed EVERYthing that the management have done over the years, exclusively for the PvP population. You see, I started here before the launch of the EU-server, and have been playing here ever since, without going off to another pserver, and playing there for months on end, like some other players have.

GamezBD have right from the start catered to the PvP player population. At first, there was NO Trading system At All. Then limiting the Trading to nearly nothing at all. Still to this day, there is a daily silver income limit, on how much you can earn, using the Trading system. How is That not catering to "grinding" mainstream PvP'ers?

The various Arena-tournament Events throughout the years, did you forget about those? How about the fact, that the developers here on GamezBD, created an exclusive PvP-content called: Olympiad?

How about the fact, that there have been more patch fixes, for PvP related bug/problems, as well as server upgrades, just to make the "PvP flow" better?

But still you "feel", that PvP-players are getting neglected. That the GamezBD management is "shitting" on a player population? But in the same post you also say, that you understand that the GamezBD development is limited, because there isn't an army of coders working for GamezBD.
    That doesn't really seem possible then, because either they do not care about the PvP-player population, OR they are overworked and simply haven't got the numbers, to deal with the massive workload that is creating the new patches for more content, As Well as creating more Custom content.

Yeah I agree with this. But then you are admitting that all you are doing is Whining.

The idea behind the Suggestion Section, is to give the GamezBD staff something to think about. Have some players answer and give possitive as well as negative feedback, but essentially create wellformed ideas, that are within the reach of the Development team. While a couple of the ideas that have been floated around here, are indeed doable, they are mostly doable from the players' point of view, and require no interference from the GamezBD staff at all.

Scroll back up, and read the "quoted" text, where the exact ideas given in the first OP post, are dealt with in a manner that doesn't require ANY work at all, from the point of view of the Developers :)

5. YaBoi

YaBoi New Member

I agree they really need to do something with pvp in gamez. I play on NA server which has more players than EU and PVP is surely been dead since before sage/corsair patch. Last time I played was about 5 months ago and after logging in again I saw that the castle holders are the exact same ones since before I stopped playing. Node wars are non-existent since guilds can just snipe nodes. GVG nowadays is just 2 big alliances fighting and if either side sees red feed, they immediately rescue. It's so easy to get gear here than retail so I hope they implement changes for PVP since it's supposed to be end game but it's non-existent atm. Something like decreasing the maximum players per guild during NW and also reducing the open nodes. Before they implemented capped siege, they did a poll whether or not to implement it and I'm 100% sure majority of the people who voted for capped siege were PVE players. I wish they would at least consult/hear out people who actually PVP instead of asking the whole player base since I'm pretty sure majority of them are PVE players.

6. YaBoi

YaBoi New Member

UPDATE: Since new patch, there has been 0 actual node wars in NA. It's pretty much snipe nodes at the moment. As for GVG, it's still the usual zerg then if you get zerged harder, you rescue immediately. PVP is in a very bad state in NA. It's alliance vs alliance. If you want open world pvp, you have to join either side. There's no actual 1 guild vs 1 guild. Hope they do something to encourage pvp.

7. Slogenn

Slogenn New Member

bro i wish we had alliance vs alliance in EU say thanks you even got people doing pvp

8. YaBoi

YaBoi New Member

You're not missing out anyways since it's pretty much 4 Chinese guilds + 1 Alliance vs Korean guild + 2 alliance. Chinese guilds just zerg the other side which always ends up with little to no gvg since they get overwhelmed and just rescue.

9. Slogenn

Slogenn New Member

damn bro i mean id rather get zerged over constant rescues even in 1v1s the guilds in EU are not even competing it's a rescue fest EU been kinda pathetic for months ngl

10. YaBoi

YaBoi New Member

Update: Node war in NA server has been very active. There's at least 2 nodes being fought over everyday. There are still snipes but at least there are fights going on right now. I am from a small-mid guild and so far we've been able to find 1v1 fights with other guilds (in node war and gvg). They got significantly more members than us but at least we're able to find fights compared to last patch. I still hope that they lower the player participation cap to prevent zerg fest since in the last 3 NW's I attended, our guild just got zerged hard. Like maybe instead of capping the gears in nw they just change the max player participation caps to like t1 15, t2 20, t3 and t4 as 30 or something like that.

loboram likes this.
  11. loboram

I am sorry to once again speak up, on a topic in which I am not currently participating. However, it is absolutely clear to me, that this being the Summertime, the amount of active players has decreased considerably. Which is a Really Good thing, because Real-life is for living, since there is no refund, for lost life-time spent infront of a computer.

That being said, it is still really up to the PvP population, to get a good fair-play competition up and running. Splitting huge/large guilds up into two or three smaller ones, and fighting all of them against each other, will certainly make for a much more productive PvP-scene here on GamezBD. Trying to force more work onto the Developers shoulders, just for changes that really won't make much difference in the end, is not a great way to approach this topic.

There are several reasons, for the core-BDO-game-mechanics, to create barriers in PvP:
    1. Such as the server ping/lag, which means that some players will have an upperhand, even if they are up against much more skilled PvP-players.
    2. Such as timing the whole thing, so that there are indeed enough players actively online, who want to PvP.
    3. Such as the size of guilds, and guild alliances, which won't have enemies stand up to them, simply because they have far more players.
    4. Such as the fact, that there isn't anywhere the newcomers to the game, can figure out how to PvP, essentially training them, and eventually having them join the "hard-core" PvP-endgame.

So it isn't really because GamezBD is "Not doing anything", or doing the wrong thing. It is entirely up to the players who want PvP, to figure it out, instead of exploiting core-game-mechanics, and avoid doing PvP.

12. NinjaRivo

NinjaRivo Getting there

Yo is it still good? Alive and active?

13. NinjaRivo

NinjaRivo Getting there

Would be sick af if Kolka & Carl could remove t1's. Just close down Balenos and Serendia, Let's have some amazing fights in Mediah + Valencia.

The t1's have been completely in a stand-still in EU for the last 2 ish months.

upload_2022-7-12_23-51-36.png

upload_2022-7-12_23-52-4.png

3 guilds in t1's have 1 member in their guilds. t1's need to be closed down in EU.

upload_2022-7-12_23-52-49.png

upload_2022-7-12_23-53-22.png

This is basically an abuse. And Some thing must and hope will be done about it. One man takes all system.

14. NinjaRivo

NinjaRivo Getting there

After 2 weeks of hard work. Finally the snipe empire pve guilds in Kama are dead. (angel)

Also heard that 4 PvX/PvP members from Stellaris are joining CatPaws. Amazing news. Finally slowly shit is happening. (angel)

Ok now all we need to do is destroy the Calpheon snipe empire and the Mediah one. We need to bring in the PvP into these regions. I hope no one places on Kama nodes and if anyone does I hope the Castle holders wreck them.

upload_2022-7-24_13-38-17.png

15. loboram

16. NinjaRivo

NinjaRivo Getting there

Hey Loboram things are going well don't you agree, Kamasyliva, Valencia Node Snipe empires have been dealt with. :)

17. loboram

:wacky::playful::hilarious:

Funny, but it is something I Might want to start looking into, IF the PvP community could please stop, being so cowardly and weak; Because many of them are just all talk, and can't do anything on their own.

Not that *I* am "throwing down the gaunlet", because I don't have that much time to waste infront of the computer, which also means that I don't have much time to learn about PvP either :p

But I do invite you all, to come over and join the thread, that is actually all about, trying to make PvP better here on GamezBD ;)

https://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/pvp-gamezbd.240746/

18. NinjaRivo

NinjaRivo Getting there

Loboram Check this out. :)

Attached Files:

• 212.JPG
      212.JPG
      File size:
      133.4 KB
      Views: